Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

No I'm saying you're bitter because even after it was clear which of the two had a better season AND the numbers showed Lebron's defense had fallen off (along with many other areas), you went to great pains to point out Durant was a better "scorer" implying he was not the better player. This season he was the better player, accept it you'll feel better.

I never said Durant had a good game but 26 points on 42% shooting to go with 8 rebounds isn't horrible. He turned the ball over too much and missed a clutch free throw but that hardly qualifies as a terrible game in which he had to be bailed out. He can play much better but it wasn't a terrible performance.

Brooks has been terrible. I'm bias though, because I've been saying he was an awful coach for years now. I just don't see him ever make adjustments when he runs into a team that gives his guys trouble. He just plows ahead with more of the same and loses. Imagine how different nba history would be if better coaches hadn't trusted role players with the ball late in games? Big Shot Bob would be known as simply Robert Horry. Fisher wouldn't have made an impossible game winner in 0.4 seconds and,in doing so, forced a debate about just how fast a human can shoot a basketball.

I pointed out that Durant had a better season. I simply said, Durant is a better scorer, but LeBron is still a better player. How is that wrong? A lot of people share the same opinion. Durant one day may be the best player in the world, its just not now, stop trying to make it happen. Give him a year or two. Just because he will receive the MVP award this season, that does not make him the best player in the game. It just means he had the better season.

Tell me tho, if LeBron had the game Durant had today, or the game Durant had in game 4, would he be getting the same treatment Durant is getting? NOT. A. CHANCE.

You have to judge guys like LeBron and Durant on a different level then everyone else. You cant give one guy a pass and other one not, especially since you claim Durant is the best player in the world.

Edit** I see you edited your post. Makes more sense now.

Yes, I was joking. Just like when I said Kemba Walker was greater than Wall. You remember that, right?

So stop bringing up crap that has been clarified. And stop changing the subject when you get called out for making dumb comments lol.

I actually dont remember that, I dont go around fishing for your posts. Talk about dumb comments haha.

Just tell me this, who had the better game, Durant or Westbrook? It requires one word answer, dont try and twist anything around. Just, who had the better game.

Edited by Ozymandias

I actually dont remember that, I dont go around fishing for your posts. Talk about dumb comments haha.

Just tell me this, who had the better game, Durant or Westbrook? It requires one word answer, dont try and twist anything around. Just, who had the better game.

I made the Walker comment FIRST. The conversation then turned to top 10 PGs, etc. Again, I was obviously joking if I said Walker was better than Wall. But I made sure to 'clarify' that I was joking. So stop rehashing old conversations about things I didn't actually say.

As for Westbrook: I'm not answering that. You made a silly comment about him "bailing out Durant". I proved you wrong. So stick to the topic.

Hell, two HOF players AND Kenny Smith all agree that Westbrook's triple double wasn't anything special. Especially when he disappeared in OT. You just have an agenda against Durant. Admit it.

And for ****s and giggles:

2014 playoffs--

Kemba Walker: 19.5 PPG 6.0 ASS 2.0 STL

John Wall: 18.8 PPG 6.8 ASS 2.2 STL

Edited by Bubble Screen

I made the Walker comment FIRST. The conversation then turned to top 10 PGs, etc. Again, I was obviously joking if I said Walker was better than Wall. But I made sure to 'clarify' that I was joking. So stop rehashing old conversations about things I didn't actually say.

As for Westbrook: I'm not answering that. You made a silly comment about him "bailing out Durant". I proved you wrong. So stick to the topic.

Hell, two HOF players AND Kenny Smith all agree that Westbrook's triple double wasn't special. You just have an agenda against Durant. Admit it.

Youre talking about your old posts about Kemba walker, and yet im the one that is rehashing old conversations.... right. Bubble Screen logic there. All i said was "I actually dont remember that", how is that rehashing old comments? im sorry if that hurt your feelings that I dont remember all your posts. Geez.

Typical, you couldnt answer the question. Poor guy.

You never prove anyone wrong Bubble, get over your self lol Your seriously in your own world right now. And, if you read my post, I said 31 points on 30 shots is not good, but the guys had 10 rebounds and 13 assists. You continue to ignore that, because it makes your posts come off stupid. 

I'm sorry for saying Durant was bailed out, he was not. But you cant say the Westbrook's steal and bucket to tie it up meant nothing. That's just stupid. You keep ignoring that part, ive reiterated it like 5 times. I did not know you guys would get so butt hurt about that. Durant had a decent game, does that make you feel better?

And I dont have an agenda against Durant. Ive watched him since he was at Montrose, and followed him throughout his career, including at Texas. I want him to come to DC and pair up with Wall and Beal. You'd know that if you actually paid any attention to this thread or the Wizards thread, instead of just coming in here every now and then. Feel free to go through both threads and read my posts regarding Durant coming to DC. Just because I think LeBron is a better player, that doesnt imply that a have an agenda against Durant. But he's having a poor series, and I've called him out on it. Just like I would if James had a bad game.

So, for the record:

KD= MVP, had a better regular season.

LBJ= Best player in the world.

EDIT** Why are you still talking about Kemba Walker? Get over it. He's out of the playoffs. They got swept. 4-0. 

EDIT2** Destino feels the same way about Durant as I do about LeBron. I can respect that. But the difference is if LeBron has a bad game, I will call him out on it. And by bad, i mean LeBron bad. I am not gonna pass it on to Wade or Bosh. LeBron is the face of the team, so he has to shoulder the blame, just the same way Durant should. But seems like you guys think Durant can do no wrong lol.

EDIT3*** Should have known debating with Bubble would go no where. Sorry for derailing.

Edited by Ozymandias

Youre talking about your old posts about Kemba walker, and yet im the one that is rehashing old conversations.... right. Bubble Screen logic there. All i said was "I actually dont remember that", how is that rehashing old comments? im sorry if that hurt your feelings that I dont remember all your posts. Geez.

Typical, you couldnt answer the question. Poor guy.

You never prove anyone wrong Bubble, get over your self lol Your seriously in your own world right now. And, if you read my post, I said 31 points on 30 shots is not good, but the guys had 10 rebounds and 13 assists. You continue to ignore that, because it makes your posts come off stupid.

I'm sorry for saying Durant was bailed out, he was not. But you cant say the Westbrook's steal and bucket to tie it up meant nothing. That's just stupid. You keep ignoring that part, ive reiterated it like 5 times. I did not know you guys would get so butt hurt about that. Durant had a decent game, does that make you feel better?

And I dont have an agenda against Durant. Ive watched him since he was at Montrose, and followed him throughout his career, including at Texas. I want him to come to DC and pair up with Wall and Beal. You'd know that if you actually paid any attention to this thread or the Wizards thread, instead of just coming in here every now and then. Feel free to go through both threads and read my posts regarding Durant coming to DC. Just because I think LeBron is a better player, that doesnt imply that a have an agenda against Durant. But he's having a poor series, and I've called him out on it. Just like I would if James had a bad game.

So, for the record:

KD= MVP, had a better regular season.

LBJ= Best player in the world.

EDIT** Why are you still talking about Kemba Walker? Get over it. He's out of the playoffs. They got swept. 4-0.

EDIT2** Destino feels the same way about Durant as I do about LeBron. I can respect that. But the difference is if LeBron has a bad game, I will call him out on it. And by bad, i mean LeBron bad. I am not gonna pass it on to Wade or Bosh. LeBron is the face of the team, so he has to shoulder the blame, just the same way Durant should. But seems like you guys think Durant can do no wrong lol.

EDIT3*** Should have known debating with Bubble would go no where. Sorry for derailing.

1. The "rehashing" comment was pertaining to the Wall all star game thing and the top 10 PG deal. That was clearly pointed out to you already.

2. And I didn't answer your question because it was IRRELEVANT to the discussion we were having. Ya know, the one where you said Westbrook "bailed out Durant", despite me pointing out to you that Westbrook has now gone 0-14 from the floor in four OT games, with ONE point!! LMAO... furthermore, the Thunder LOST, so the fact that Westbrook sent the game to OT means NOTHING! Especially when he disappeared in OT.

3. I don't disagree with you on Durant-LeBron. But you wanting to put most of the blame on Durant, is silly. Those two (KD and Russ) are equally to blame for their playoff struggles.

4. The Walker playoff comparison thing was a JOKE. You clearly have no sense of humor whatsoever. And it's ridiculous to point out the Bobcats were swept by the two-time defending champs, as a 7 seed, with their best player hurt. As if that is insulting or something lol And btw, smart guy, I PICKED the Bobcats to get swept in the playoff game here! A small part of me actually hopes you guys get by the Hawks or Pacers, so I can watch your team (a healthy one, at that) get destroyed by the Heat.

Edited by Bubble Screen

If he was jacking up 30 shots, and not getting anyone else involved, then he should get all the blame. But the dude is avg something like 25, 10, and 7.

Durant has gone 12-28, 10-27, 5-21, and 10-24 the last 4 games, but all you hear is how westbrook is taking too many bad shots. For someone who people on this board claim to be the best player in the world after what they saw in the regular season, Durant should be getting the majority of the blame.

There's that agenda coming out.

Ozy is a LeBron fan that's mad that Durant was better this season.  You've been just waiting for the first time Durant has struggled this season, haven't you?

I think it's fairly clear why Durant is struggling.  Tony Allen has been a monster and Memphis is scheming to shut him down and OK's offense can't cope.  They're struggling to get him the ball from 30 feet.  Westbrook hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been good.  And if anyone was bailing Durant out, they would't be down 3-2.

OKC has a team has played like crap.  They play 1 or 2 on 5 every night.

I said it a while ago. I like Durant, but when does he start taking some heat?

if they lose this series and he continues playing bad, he will get fried. His time is now.

Scott Brooks should be fired too.

Durant wont win a ring until he adopts that Dirk midpost game.

And the talk of him being better than Lebron is dead, for now. He had a better season, of course. But he not better than Lebron.

Durant didn't have that bad of a game

no, he had a bad game. 26 points on 24 shots for a guy who is usually efficient is really bad. Its Durant's turn.

Also when is the NBA gonna put Joey Crawford out to pasture?

• Like 1

Durant and Paul are all time great caliber players and the reason they don't take as much crap as others is because their performances are so consistently balanced and strong you can't poke a lot of holes in them.  The only thing with CP3 is the flopping and some dirty play, but other than that he does it all well and is a classic PG on a loaded up team.  The only thing with Durant is the chucking and hero ball, and that's largely a byproduct of playing in a horrible offense where he gets guarded unlike any other player in the league.

He's slumped this series.  And his team's offense has completely fallen apart.  That team is not particularly good and that coach is awful.  He carried them to 59 wins in a stacked conference by putting up a historic season.  Unfortunately for them Memphis, can guard him.  Memphis is showing they are the better team. 2-10 they are a lot better.  But even still, the games have been very close.

Because they are both all time greats, they both should be playing into late May and June. Paul hasnt even made a conference finals and Durant is looking like he is laying a clunker as he goes out in the first in his MVP season.

Both deserved to be grilled, end of discussion.

Edited by JoeWolf990

1. The "rehashing" comment was pertaining to the Wall all star game thing and the top 10 PG deal. That was clearly pointed out to you already.

2. And I didn't answer your question because it was IRRELEVANT to the discussion we were having. Ya know, the one where you said Westbrook "bailed out Durant", despite me pointing out to you that Westbrook has now gone 0-14 from the floor in four OT games, with ONE point!! LMAO... furthermore, the Thunder LOST, so the fact that Westbrook sent the game to OT means NOTHING! Especially when he disappeared in OT.

3. I don't disagree with you on Durant-LeBron. But you wanting to put most of the blame on Durant, is silly. Those two (KD and Russ) are equally to blame for their playoff struggles.

4. The Walker playoff comparison thing was a JOKE. You clearly have no sense of humor whatsoever. And it's ridiculous to point out the Bobcats were swept by the two-time defending champs, as a 7 seed, with their best player hurt. As if that is insulting or something lol And btw, smart guy, I PICKED the Bobcats to get swept in the playoff game here! A small part of me actually hopes you guys get by the Hawks or Pacers, so I can watch your team (a healthy one, at that) get destroyed by the Heat.

1- No one cares about Kemba Walker.

2- Reading comprehension, reading comprehension, reading comprehension. Maybe a little bit of memory? Here, ill help you out:

"When I posted the "bailing out" post, it was after Russel got the steal, and tied the game. If you actually watched the game, you'd know that was what I was talking about. Dont believe me? Go look at the time stamp of the post. But, you always gotta twist things around to try and make you sound better haha but hey, im used to it by now, whatever floats your boat."

3- See what I mean? When you are the "best player in the world" and you are struggling, you should shoulder most of the blame. When LeBron and Dwade was struggling against the celtics in 2012, were the splitting the blame? Nope. It was all falling on LeBron.

4- I have a sense of humor, your just not funny haha dont hate on the wizards, your just mad that John Wall made you look dumb with those idiotic comments you made about him. Id be pretty mad too if my team when 0-8 in the playoffs in franchise history. Never gonna win a playoff game, how sad is that? haha

There's that agenda coming out.

Ozy is a LeBron fan that's mad that Durant was better this season.  You've been just waiting for the first time Durant has struggled this season, haven't you?

I think it's fairly clear why Durant is struggling.  Tony Allen has been a monster and Memphis is scheming to shut him down and OK's offense can't cope.  They're struggling to get him the ball from 30 feet.  Westbrook hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been good.  And if anyone was bailing Durant out, they would't be down 3-2.

OKC has a team has played like crap.  They play 1 or 2 on 5 every night.

Please steve, you hate on LeBron way more than anybody on this board. If I have an agenda, id like to know what you consider you have. Ive said many times already, Durant had the better season. I dont know how many more times I need to see it. You're just mad hes struggling right now, I get that. But splitting the blame? For the "best player in the world"? Common, thats a copout. When lebron struggles in 2011, were they blaming him, dwade, and bosh? Nope, only LeBron. When LeBron and wade were struggling against the celtics in 2012, were they splitting the blame? Nope, only LeBron. Quit sugar coating it for Durant, it looks dumb. Just admit it, thats all im saying. You'd be the first one on here if Durant has a great game 6, "thats what you've been waiting for all series, havent you?"

Durant and Chris Paul both seem to never get blamed for anything yet both are superstar players.

Durant excuses will always be Westbrook. Even though he turns the ball over in clutch situations over and over again.

if they lose this series and he continues playing bad, he will get fried. His time is now.

Scott Brooks should be fired too.

Durant wont win a ring until he adopts that Dirk midpost game.

And the talk of him being better than Lebron is dead, for now. He had a better season, of course. But he not better than Lebron.

no, he had a bad game. 26 points on 24 shots for a guy who is usually efficient is really bad. Its Durant's turn.

Please keep your logic elsewhere. You guys will be crucified for blaming Durant.

Here's hoping Memphis finishes off OKC next game. Leave that city KD and come to a weaker Eastern Conference where you can play against joke teams like the Bobcats and Hawks.  :)

Wall, Beal, and Durant...

Might as well hand us the O'Brien. That would be unstoppable.

Durant isn't playing well but give some credit to Memphis. They're a really good team, probably the toughest/most physical team in the league. They make a lot of great players look bad. They knocked San Antonio out in the 1st round one year too.

It's the playoffs, I bet most guys shoot poor %s compared to their averages.

Please steve, you hate on LeBron way more than anybody on this board. If I have an agenda, id like to know what you consider you have. Ive said many times already, Durant had the better season. I dont know how many more times I need to see it. You're just mad hes struggling right now, I get that. But splitting the blame? For the "best player in the world"? Common, thats a copout. When lebron struggles in 2011, were they blaming him, dwade, and bosh? Nope, only LeBron. When LeBron and wade were struggling against the celtics in 2012, were they splitting the blame? Nope, only LeBron. Quit sugar coating it for Durant, it looks dumb. Just admit it, thats all im saying. You'd be the first one on here if Durant has a great game 6, "thats what you've been waiting for all series, havent you?"

You really think I'm like you don't you?

LeBron fans have an even bigger persecution complex than Kobe fans.

You really think I'm like you don't you?

LeBron fans have an even bigger persecution complex than Kobe fans.

I am not surprised my last post went way over your head. If it makes you feel any better, Durant is having a playoffs for the ages, happy?

Actually, you got just as mad when I said Gooden is having a terrible series against the Bulls, whats your issue dude?

Wall, Beal, and Durant...

Might as well hand us the O'Brien. That would be unstoppable.

Durant isn't playing well but give some credit to Memphis. They're a really good team, probably the toughest/most physical team in the league. They make a lot of great players look bad. They knocked San Antonio out in the 1st round one year too.

It's the playoffs, I bet most guys shoot poor %s compared to their averages.

People dont understand this, Wall will make Durant's life so much easier and vice versa. When you have to deal with Beal running around looking for open shots, this will free up Durant like no other. You can double wall cause he has Beal and Durant on the wing. You cant double Beal, cause that opens up the floor for Durant and Wall. And if you double Durant, with the way he's improved his passing, just have Wall cut and Beal come off screens. This team would be amazing. And i bet after seeing Beal and Durant through out practice hitting shots, this will motiviate Wall even more to improve his shooting.

Edited by Ozymandias

I am not surprised my last post went way over your head. If it makes you feel any better, Durant is having a playoffs for the ages, happy?

Actually, you got just as mad when I said Gooden is having a terrible series against the Bulls, whats your issue dude?

You think I'm mad or have an issue? Look at your posts dude. They are all over the place and you're being really defensive. Nobody is mad here. I'm sorry if I called you out. I wasn't trying to be a dick.

Because they are both all time greats, they both should be playing into late May and June. Paul hasnt even made a conference finals and Durant is looking like he is laying a clunker as he goes out in the first in his MVP season.

Both deserved to be grilled, end of discussion.

End of discussion only if you don't want to have a discussion. That's just not a useful way to look at Durant and Paul IMO. For Durant, Memphis is better than OKC. OKC can't really beat them. They can't run their offense against them. What can Durant do? Memphis knows they can throw everything at Durant and shut OKC down and it's working.

For Paul, you know the reason he hasn't made a run is because of his teams. One great player can get a team to the playoffs but he can't take them far on his own. Not in a West that's been this good for this long. He hasn't been on a team good enough to do it until this season and last season. And last season, Del Negro just wasn't good enough to give them that edge against the best West teams. I don't blame Paul for that. Those New Orleans teams never actually made it to the postseason at full strength. And it's not like they had talent to spare in the first place. Now if we get to the end of this Clippers era and Paul's team is still getting bounced in the first and second round every year, then you're right, something is wrong.

But you know it isn't really fair to kill Paul for lack of playoff success based on what's happened to his teams before now. And I think, with the Sterling thing settled, the Clippers can get back on track and make that run you're looking for. Especially if Memphis knocks out OKC.

• Like 1

I'm sorry but Durant nor Paul are all time greats at this point. Not even close.

I believe the haters are a lot more defensive and antagonizing.

Nailed it.

Washington 97

Charlotte 83

Charlotte 98

Washington 85

Charlotte 100

Washington 94

lmao

LOL dude, you have no argument here. How's the offseason treating you??

You think I'm mad or have an issue? Look at your posts dude. They are all over the place and you're being really defensive. Nobody is mad here. I'm sorry if I called you out. I wasn't trying to be a dick.

Pot meet kettle.