Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I've told you that the Wizards won't get durant because when has Ted opened his wallet. Come on dude

The Wizards are a 5th seed team. They still got some time to go until they'll be enough of a destination for Durant to go there. 

If they get the #2 or #3 seed and establish regularity in the playoffs, sure, but that's not for at least 3 more years.

Ted HAS opened his wallet. What are you talking about bro? Remember Jaromir Jagr way back? He also gave Ovechkin a $100 Mil deal, and I believe Backstrom too(don't know the exact #s but it was big). And he just ponied up a ton to resign John Wall last year, and the Wiz salary cap is close to capped out(will be if we resign Ariza and/or Gortat). If we don't get Durant it will be because he wants to stay in OKC and we end up committing salaries elsewhere.

As far as our chances of landing KD, I think they're as good as anyone else's provided we have the money and can maintain the Wall/Beal core. A trio of Wall, Beal, and Durant would dominate the East and win multiple titles. Durant would also basically reach diety like status turning his hometown team into a winner. But it would take a lot of work just to put ourselves in a position to sign him and I don't know if it's worth the risk because if he didn't sign here, we'd collapse(look at the Knicks they tried to go all in on Lebron struck out and are now screwed).

• Like 1

Ted HAS opened his wallet. What are you talking about bro? Remember Jaromir Jagr way back? He also gave Ovechkin a $100 Mil deal, and I believe Backstrom too(don't know the exact #s but it was big). And he just ponied up a ton to resign John Wall last year, and the Wiz salary cap is close to capped out(will be if we resign Ariza and/or Gortat). If we don't get Durant it will be because he wants to stay in OKC and we end up committing salaries elsewhere.

As far as our chances of landing KD, I think they're as good as anyone else's provided we have the money and can maintain the Wall/Beal core. A trio of Wall, Beal, and Durant would dominate the East and win multiple titles. Durant would also basically reach diety like status turning his hometown team into a winner. But it would take a lot of work just to put ourselves in a position to sign him and I don't know if it's worth the risk because if he didn't sign here, we'd collapse(look at the Knicks they tried to go all in on Lebron struck out and are now screwed).

I even mentioned that the last time he opened the wallet was for Jagr. And that was years ago. 

He doesn't open his wallet to bring free agents here. The Caps haven't had a premiere free agent signing in forever. We'll see what happens with the Wizards but I'm not too optimistic. 

Reading around the internet, Charlotte fans in general are salty about the Wizards LOL. It's cute.

Yeah, we're clearly salty about the Wizards...

2014--

Washington 97

Charlotte 83

Charlotte 98

Wasington 85

Charlotte 100

Washington 94

"The Wizards’ last reached the postseason in 2008. They last won a series in 2005 in six games against the Bulls. Their previous playoff series win came in 1982. Washington hasn’t made it past the second round since 1979. This isn’t an organization that can rely on history to guide it."

lmao

Props

2014--

Washington 97
Charlotte 83

Charlotte 98
Wasington 85

Charlotte 100
Washington 94

"The Wizards’ last reached the postseason in 2008. They last won a series in 2005 in six games against the Bulls. Their previous playoff series win came in 1982. Washington hasn’t made it past the second round since 1979. This isn’t an organization that can rely on history to guide it."

lmao

salty-snacks.jpg

:D

• Like 1

Charlotte has fans?

Apparently so...

"In their 14 years in the NBA, the Hornets led the league in attendance eight times. It helped that their teal and purple color scheme – designed by Chapel Hill native Alexander Julian – was incredibly popular. It regularly outsold the merchandise of every NBA team except Jordan’s Bulls."

2014--

Washington 97

Charlotte 83

Charlotte 98

Wasington 85

Charlotte 100

Washington 94

lmao

The LOLcats would have been swept by the Bulls. Regardless they're getting swept anyways LMAO.

• Like 1

No matter the sport or thread, Bubble will be hated lol

Are you sure you're not a wrestling fan? Lol

The thing is, though, I rarely ever start anything. I'm hated because my return fire is a lot more fierce. :)

I hate wrasslin', btw.

Edited by Bubble Screen

Lol seriously, the way you talk about the Bobcats, you would think Andrew Luck played for them :P

IT WAS JUST A JOKE BUBBLE!

I think part of the problem is some of you guys are confusing my posts with Smitty's. I don't agree with him that Jefferson is the best center in the league or that the Bobcats would have beaten the Heat (won the series) with a healthy Jefferson.

If you notice, I'm the one that said Charlotte is possibly the 10th best team, if they were in the West.