Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

Howard will get as much blame as Harden if they get bounced. Fair or not, it goes with the territory of being arguably the best at his position.

How do you figure? Howard has been outstanding. He deserves no blame. And he didn't deserve any last year either. He had no one around him.

If Houston loses this series, it's on Harden. He's been AWFUL. And blame McHale as well, for not coming up with any semblance of defense on Aldridge.

Edited by Bubble Screen

How do you figure? Howard has been outstanding. He deserves no blame. And he didn't deserve any last year either. He had no one around him.

If Houston loses this series, it's on Harden. He's been AWFUL. And blame McHale as well, for not coming up with any semblance of defense on Aldridge.

Aldridge has been hitting shots that have no business even being attempted in today's nba game. No coach is going to send a double team to prevent a turn around 18 foot contested jumpshot attempt. You WANT guys taking those shots.

Lemme just put this out there...

Jeff teague is a top 3 PG right now. And,

This years playoffs are wide open. The title is up for grabs. Why not, Wiz?

Come on, man. Not even close. George Hill would make YOU look good out there.

Aldridge has been hitting shots that have no business even being attempted in today's nba game. No coach is going to send a double team to prevent a turn around 18 foot contested jumpshot attempt. You WANT guys taking those shots.

I was mainly referring to Game 1, when he had a 6'8" guy guarding him. And often no double even came. That's not good coaching. Even LA commented after the game that he was surprised they didn't double him more. Edited by Bubble Screen

Got tell it like it is. I like Durant (he's a Redskins and Pacquiao fan), but he's gotta take some heat for this loss. If Westbrook had missed this many 3's, he would get crucified for it.

And the second game in a row that OKC lost in OT. Plain and simple, Brooks is being outcoached.

Brooks is definitely being outcoached.

OKC got thoroughly outplayed in both games IMO. They shouldn't have been in either game towards the end but Durant and Westbrook have such deadly shot making capability that a 4 or 6 point lead very late in a game is not safe.

Also Memphis is just not that clean in execution. They make a ton of mistakes and it's kept OKC around when they should have been put away comfortably in regulation both games.

I have less of an issue with Durant missing shots as I do with the quality of shots he was taking. This whole series, both he and Westbrook have been chucking and settling for lousy shots. It's like they know they've got no chance to run a decent set play that results in a quality look so they fire away.

The biggest problem for OKC IMO is how they play such long stretches of 1 or 2 on 5 basketball. Memphis has a great defense but you can beat a great defense with a balanced offensive attack. That's something OKC does not look capable of.

Brooks is a lousy coach. Randy Wittman looks better than him. And now I think Sam Presti is overrated as a teambuilder. He's built a three man team. Nobody else looks impressive at all. And I think a big part of that is ownership. They're flat out cheapskates and it is undermining OKC's ability to win a championship.

• Like 1

Griffin has really improved and he's getting to that point that Chuck and Shaq always talk about where he can't be guarded by just one man. The league seems to be full of really good power forwards.

The NBA has always had lots of great PFs. Deepest position historically. This era is really keeping up the tradition.

I think Griffin became the best PF in the league this year. Clippers have the best PG and PF. Rockets have the best SG and C--by default. There are actually other elite PGs and PFs in the league today.

I think it's going to be a back and forth rivalry for best PF between Griffin and Davis and Love and Aldridge for best PF status similar to the way it was with Dirk, Duncan, Amar'e and KG.

OKC have a great team and solid from top to bottom.

Ibaka- defensive stopper and solid offensive game

KD-  Stone cold beast

Perkins- Defensive stopper

Sefolosha- Defensive stopper

Russell Westbrook-  The mini Black Mamba

Collison- every team in the league can use a hard worker like him

Caron Butler - Solid player

Reggie Jackson- can start on some teams

Lamb- played good at times but don't get many minutes.

can use another big man.

Thats a good playoff rotation, coaching is killing them I used to like Brooks but this 1 on 1 play enough is enough. Everyone stands around and watch Westbrook and Durant, even Westbrook and Durant stand still and watch the other go one on one and take tough shot after tough shot. Theres barely any floor movement at all its crazy. Westbrook usuaully sholders the blame he doesn't run the offense or has this low BBIQ but really theres no offensive, OKC has to have the smallest playbook in the league from what I see. At the end of the day its blame Westbrook that Durant doesn't get enough shots they both get way to many shots I don't understand you want Durant to shoot the ball 35 times a game? This team needs a coach and its instant championship imo.

Durant, Westbrook, and Ibaka are all great. But nobody else on OKC would even be a rotation player for the Wizards. That team is not solidly built.

Jackson is better than the whole Wizards Bench

Butler will have a spot over Webster

Perkins offensive is very limited but defensive hes much better than Booker on anyone else

Thunder doesn't run a offensive its one on one for 75% of the game, My 2 favorite Thunder plays is Westbrook runs up and shoot the quick three LOL, and Westbrook walks up the court and pass to Durant who is posting up at the 3 point line for his iso.

Perkins is useless. When OKC finally cuts him, he may be out of the NBA. Sefolosha is apparently good at defense because everyone says he is good at defense. But if you are going to be that useless on offense, you need to be Tony Allen good at defense. And he is not.

There is a reason that OKC's starting five puts up truly abysmal numbers despite having Durant and Westbrook. It's because they play 3 on 5 on offense and all Ibaka can do is hit a 15 footer from the baseline. When Steve Kerr calls OKC games, I often find myself wondering if Steve Kerr today would be more useful to them on offense than Sefolosha.

I actually like their bench guys, but it's not a terribly deep team.

But I don't think that would be a problem necessarily if they ran an offense other than just running plays. You can stop plays, and Memphis seems designed by God Himself to stop OKC's plays.

Anyway, I still think OKC wins this series because they have been abysmal and are still forcing these games to OT. I just find it hard to believe that you can lose a series when you have the two best players in the series on your side unless the other team is a perfectly calibrated machine - and Memphis is not that at all.

But unless he wins a title, I would fire Brooks and get someone in there who is known for offense.

Jackson is better than the whole Wizards Bench

Butler will have a spot over Webster

Perkins offensive is very limited but defensive hes much better than Booker on anyone else

Thunder doesn't run a offensive its one on one for 75% of the game, My 2 favorite Thunder plays is Westbrook runs up and shoot the quick three LOL, and Westbrook walks up the court and pass to Durant who is posting up at the 3 point line for his iso.

Have you watched Kendrick Perkins play basketball in the last three years? He can still kind of defend one on one in the post if the guy in the post doesn't face him - which means he really doesn't even defend the post well anymore except against Dwight Howard. I honestly don't think he should be in the league any longer.

I'm not going to get into a Wizards' bench versus Thunder bench argument, because I don't see what value it brings. OKC is a championship contender. They shouldn't be involved in a player to player argument with the East's five-seed.

Perkins is doing a great job on Z BO, I wouldnt have him starting but hes a great guy you want on the bench, he is also an enforcer you need those on your team. Offensively he is terrible and for that contract he has theres no way I would want him but hes still solid.

Griffin has been dominant. 

Bogut.   :(

Lemme just put this out there...

Jeff teague is a top 3 PG right now.  And,

I like Teague, but c'mon now son.   Chris Paul, Tony Parker, Steph Curry, Rajon Rondo, Damien Lillard, John Wall, Mike Conley....  

Jeff Teague a top 3 PG? In a league with CP3, Curry, Wall, Westbrook, Parker, Lillard, Conley Dragic, Bledsoe, D-Will, Irving, and Lowry? And these are only those who I could think of at the top of my head.

Edited by Ozymandias

The best thing that ever happened to Blake was David Stern killing that Lakers trade and basically gift-wrapping Chris Paul to the Clippers.

The second best thing that ever happened to Blake was Chris Paul missing a bunch of games this year and being forced to use all these other gifts that I'm not sure he even knew he had.

Blake is just ridiculously good right now. A lot of people are still hung up on the "He's just a dunker" thing, because no one really likes Blake. But he has basically turned into Karl Malone with a better handle.

Anyone making any judgments from this Pacers-Hawks series is an idiot. Right now, we are watching something like the 23rd and 24th best teams in the league playing a frist round series for some unknown reason.  I think the league should send both teams home and let the Suns and Timberwolves have their spots. The Pacers are probably going to win in an ugly 7th game, because...come on.....But both these teams are awful.

I'm not sure if a team has ever fallen as far as fast as the Hawks in the history of professional sports? The 1996 Redskins had a ridiculous season, but that team stunk the year before. This is not a normal collapse where a shaky team gets hot and then remembers that it is not actually good. This is a team that nearly went to the Finals last year, came in with high expectations, exceeded those expectations for months, and then became one of the worst teams in the league because it traded its 8th best player.

How do I figure?  He's a star player, that's why.  Is it fair?  Not always.  But it's the narrative that's surely to follow if the Rockets come up short. 

It's the same reason why there will be questions about KD's makeup if OKC loses in the first round.  Yes, guys like Brooks/McHale will shoulder a lot of the blame...but so will the players. 

Jeff Teague a top 3 PG? In a league with CP3, Curry, Wall, Westbrook, Parker, Lillard, Conley Dragic, Bledsoe, D-Will, Irving,is  and Lowry? And these are only those who I could think of at the top of my head.

Man, who said this?  LMAOOOOO!  That statement is only applicable if you snacked on some paint chips before hitting the post button. 

I'm not sure if a team has ever fallen as far as fast as the Hawks in the history of professional sports? The 1996 Redskins had a ridiculous season, but that team stunk the year before. This is not a normal collapse where a shaky team gets hot and then remembers that it is not actually good. This is a team that nearly went to the Finals last year, came in with high expectations, exceeded those expectations for months, and then became one of the worst teams in the league because it traded its 8th best player.

The demise of the Pacers is like the stock market crash of 1929.  Went from looking like legit contenders to scrubs in a matter of weeks,

Obviously you meant Pacers, not Hawks.  Otherwise I agree.

Ummm because Lebron's not a champion?   :wacko:

It showed a sign of weakness on Paul's part. He pretty much admitted to the world that he's not on LeBron's level. I bet you he lost some respect in that locker room.