Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

I haven't seen any list from you. Who is better? Why are they better? What's your beef with Wall? How many Wizards games have you actually watched this year?

And yes, Kevin Love was probably the big one who stood out to me on Steve's list that I disagree with.

Busy now, but I will try and post a list later with some reasons.

I dont hate Wall, btw. Started him on a fantasy team this week. He's a solid player.

My lists:

1 - Durant

2 - LeBron

3 - CP3

4 - Dwight Howard

Absolutely not.  When the game is on the line are you putting the ball in his hands over Paul George?  Howard needs to improve his offensive game...still.  Somehow.  He is not like Hakeem where you could just throw it to him, watch a Dream Shake unfold and advance to the NBA Finals.

Edited by Sticksboi05

Absolutely not. When the game is on the line are you putting the ball in his hands over Paul George? Howard needs to improve his offensive game...still. Somehow. He is not like Hakeem where you could just throw it to him, watch a Dream Shake unfold and advance to the NBA Finals.

although I agree, I find your reasoning illogical. There are a lot of players I would take over Dwight to take the last shot, but it doesn't mean they are better players. Edited by Dr. Do Itch Big

I mean what's your issue with his list? I don't agree with his list entirely but I don't see where it's lol worthy.

Dragic better than Wade? Kevin Love? Also one that I see he can argue with is Durant over LeBron. LeBron is the best player in the world, most people would tend to agree, but cant really fault him for that one.

And the "lol" is not me laughing at the post, i just have a bad habit of putting that at the end of my posts.

And Bubble Screen is a troll, we all know this.

Edited by Ozymandias

Absolutely not.  When the game is on the line are you putting the ball in his hands over Paul George?  Howard needs to improve his offensive game...still.  Somehow.  He is not like Hakeem where you could just throw it to him, watch a Dream Shake unfold and advance to the NBA Finals.

Basketball isn't a one on one game though. ISO scoring ability can't be the final decider here. The first thing you consider has to be the player's holistic contributions to winning games.

Dwight Howard is the best defensive player and rebounder in the game and that's HUGE for determining wins and losses. The only guy who controls the paint like Howard is Hibbert, and Hibbert isn't nearly as good a rebounder or offensive player. Offensively, Dwight can get you 20 easy points a game just off inside finishing.

You can build a team of OK players around him like in Orlando with an OK coach like SVG and Dwight is going to have you as a two or three seed in the East, minimum, or a mid seed in the West minimum. Who below him on that list can you also say that about? Paul George is impactful, but not as impactful as Dwight IMO.

Dragic better than Wade? Kevin Love? Also one that I see he can argue with is Durant over LeBron. LeBron is the best player in the world, most people would tend to agree, but cant really fault him for that one.

And the "lol" is not me laughing at the post, i just have a bad habit of putting that at the end of my posts.

And Bubble Screen is a troll, we all know this.

This season, Dragic has been better than Wade. Wade is a shell of the player he once was. He's a glorified role player now, whose minutes are shrinking and who has already missed over 14 games this season. Dragic has been carrying the Suns (who don't have much talent) to a playoff spot ever since Eric Bledsoe went down. He's been doing it all for Phoenix, PG and SG, just been excellent where ever they've needed him.

What's wrong with the Kevin Love ranking? Too low or too high? I've got him third behind Griffin and Aldridge. Do you think he should be ahead of those two? I see a better case for those two than Love.

Also, this year Durant has been better than LeBron. I'd say this is something the basketball world agrees with.

• Like 1

Finally, I think the basketball world has gotten too reactionary about Dwight and swung to the point of underrating him. It's because people dislike him personally and Lakers fans feel betrayed by him and talk some **** about him rather than accept that their franchise became a train wreck the last couple years.

Houston is one of the best and scariest teams in the West right now. And I don't think people realize just how young they are, and that they have four years of Dwight and Harden on these contracts. And they could have max cap space as early as this summer by making a couple moves. Their roster is full of baby players. They've got the biggest window of championship contention in the NBA right now.

And you can turn a team around quick when you've got assets and the right foundation in place. And Houston has the foundation to be a great offensive and defensive team.

Just last season, I saw a GS vs. Houston game that was a chuck fest with zero D played. GS was a terrible defensive team. And now this season they add a couple defenders and get Bogut healthy and they're suddenly one of the best defensive teams in the NBA. And now they're scary.

Houston and OKC are the only two teams that I'm totally confident will win a championship within the next five years. I'm getting there with New Orleans, but not quite yet. And Dwight is easily the biggest reason for Houston.

although I agree, I find your reasoning illogical. There are a lot of players I would take over Dwight to take the last shot, but it doesn't mean they are better players.

Not necessarily the buzzer beater where obviously you want a pure shooter taking the shot, that's why I said "when the game is on the line".  Down the stretch in big games can you just throw it to Dwight and let him handle business like you could with Shaq or Hakeem etc. etc.  Not really, but he is only 29.  

Edited by Sticksboi05

Finally, I think the basketball world has gotten too reactionary about Dwight and swung to the point of underrating him. It's because people dislike him personally and Lakers fans feel betrayed by him and talk some **** about him rather than accept that their franchise became a train wreck the last couple years.

I think Dwight is a top 10 player, I don't want to dismiss his talents and his defensive prowess, I just have a hard time putting him top 5 though injuries to Derrick Rose takes one guy out of the equation.

I think Dwight is a top 10 player, I don't want to dismiss his talents and his defensive prowess, I just have a hard time putting him top 5 though injuries to Derrick Rose takes one guy out of the equation.

Who do you put over him though? The top 3 are clear, but the order after them isn't. Who would GMs take next? And I'm not certain that every GM would take CP3 over Dwight too.

This season, Dragic has been better than Wade. Wade is a shell of the player he once was. He's a glorified role player now, whose minutes are shrinking and who has already missed over 14 games this season. Dragic has been carrying the Suns (who don't have much talent) to a playoff spot ever since Eric Bledsoe went down. He's been doing it all for Phoenix, PG and SG, just been excellent where ever they've needed him.

What's wrong with the Kevin Love ranking? Too low or too high? I've got him third behind Griffin and Aldridge. Do you think he should be ahead of those two? I see a better case for those two than Love.

Also, this year Durant has been better than LeBron. I'd say this is something the basketball world agrees with.

I understand your reasoning. But I dont rank players based on their play on one season. I like to rank based more on "If I had to draft between person A or person B, who would I draft?" In that case there is no way i pick dragic over wade, or durant over lebron. As far as PF go, I would say we arent far off, but i would have it LA, Love, and then Griffin. Griffin has been tearing it up this season, but LA and Love have always been tearing it up. Plus Griffin has a much better team that takes the pressure off of him and gives him better opportunity and looks.

I understand your reasoning. But I dont rank players based on their play on one season. I like to rank based more on "If I had to draft between person A or person B, who would I draft?" In that case there is no way i pick dragic over wade, or durant over lebron. As far as PF go, I would say we arent far off, but i would have it LA, Love, and then Griffin. Griffin has been tearing it up this season, but LA and Love have always been tearing it up. Plus Griffin has a much better team that takes the pressure off of him and gives him better opportunity and looks.

Yeah, but you're not getting prime Wade if you draft him today. You're getting 32 year old Wade with a ton of minutes on his legs and he's probably only giving you 60 games a year at the most. Dragic may be a bit of a system player since he didn't really break out until Hornacek came along. But he's just 27. He's super fast and versatile enough to play both PG and SG full time and he's got a terrific motor. As good as Wade used to be just two or three seasons ago, I doubt he could carry Phoenix to 29-20 like Dragic.

Griffin has been good since his rookie season and he's added a whole bunch to his game since then. He's a good defensive player now. Much better than Aldridge and Love are there. He's always been a good ball handler and now he's a terrific passer too. He's a terrific rebounder, and he's added the 18 footer to his repertoire. And he's improved his FT shooting. Plus he's refined his finishing touch around the basket to where he can finish on more than just dunks. And he's a dynamic athlete that's easily the most athletic PF in the game.

I think he has fewer holes in his game now than any other PF and he's got extra stuff in his game that you usually don't see with bigs. Stuff like being able to bring the ball up court and drive from the perimeter like a guard, it's really nice and adds to the versatility of what you can do as a team. THe other PFs do have holes in their games. Love is a grounded player and he's not a good defender. Aldridge isn't a very good defender either and he's not as efficient an interior scorer. Kind of a bad shot maker and can get a little streaky.

But I don't think Blake's team is propping him up compared to the other guys. You've seen him carry that team since CP3 went down and they haven't missed a beat. If anything it looks like his team was depressing his individual numbers. Since CP3 got injured, he's taken over the role of the facilitator on offense and he's gone bonkers, scoring a ton of points and racking up assists. He's averaging almost 28 PPG on .554 shooting with almost 11 FTAs per game and 4.3 assists since CP3's injury a little over a month ago. He's been a force of nature.

Kevin Love has put up great numbers for the past three seasons when healthy. But his lack of team success has to factor. Has there ever been a true big man that put up similar numbers to Love that's won as few games as him? There's some empty stat padding going on with him.

@WojYahooNBA 11:57 AM

The Detroit Pistons have fired coach Mo Cheeks, league sources tell Yahoo Sports.

---------

Given my casual following toward the NBA it perplexes me why he would be given such a short leash.

It's Joe Dumars trying to cover his ass. He got them a 'ship as the GM but that was a decade ago. It' s been one disastrous FA signing after another. Probably should've been fired last year, before they had cap space, before he could use it on the likes of Josh Smith. So the coach getting fired is Dumars trying to deflect blame and trying to buy himself some time. Make sense?

Anthony_Davis_great_defensive_play_again

Nobody else in the NBA can do that.

And look at how he kept the ball in play and took off on the break immediately.  Sometimes this kid is like a young Bill Russell.

So smart.  He just gets it.  And boy is he gifted.  When he gets some strength on him and totally masters team defense, he's going to be the most impactful player in the NBA by far.  He's going to single-handedly win at least a championship or two for New Orleans.

Prime KG is this kid's floor.  I like Beal and all, but man I wish the Wizards had won the lottery that year.