Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

11 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Another thing about this wacky schedule; had no clue there was a game tonight. Just missed the whole 1st quarter...

Only the NBA would make sure there is no game this weekend. 

It's remarkable how many calls these officials don't really see but call something based on the result. 

34 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Only the NBA would make sure there is no game this weekend. 

It's remarkable how many calls these officials don't really see but call something based on the result. 

speed of the game account for some of it.  You see it all the time with swiped at balls, they just blow the whistle even when it clean.

That **** is jus not fair...

Dominant centers that can actually hit threes when left alone are like a next level evolution...I'm on board with Joker being best player in NBA right now...it's nearly impossible to outphysical him, doubling he consistently finds open players, and he can score from it seems like anywhere.

Edited by Renegade7

25 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

That **** is jus not fair...

Dominant centers that can actually hit threes when left alone are like a next level evolution...I'm on board with Joker being best player in NBA right now...it's nearly impossible to outphysical him, doubling he consistently finds open players, and he can score from it seems like anywhere.

And if you close out he drives and turns into a play maker.  Centers aren’t supposed to be able to do that.

the truly stunning thing about Jokic isn’t on any single play though, it’s how few bad offensive possessions he gives the nuggets. Compare it to when Embiid starts to play hero ball and puts up hot garbage. Most stars do that. So called “tough shot makers” often just take awful shots, and when they miss but keep trying it kills you.

Jokic is not what Lebron was in his prime, but he’s that type of elite decision maker. Nuggets almost always get a good shot when Jokic has the ball.  

• Thumb up 1

2 minutes ago, Ball Security said:

We going to talk about that Bam flop to give Jokic his fifth?

Heat getting every call. Bam flopped in a ridiculous manner but after the jokic call, AG was called for nothing and Murray was called for contact that wasn’t a foul of any kind.  It’s ridiculous.

6 minutes ago, Destino said:

KCP hit the dagger, but Brown was the one that took over offensively.

did MPJ play in the 2nd half?  Looks like he got benched.  

He did. But he was noticeably absent in the 4th.

I really thought Jokic should have come back earlier. But Malone hand it under control with Brown and Green.

I like what J Crawford said on NBA TV. The issue with defending Jokic is that he’s the biggest and best player on the court but scoring is his last priority. It’s not easy to guard a guy that’s playing a different game than everyone else.

he’s got a point because the issue with defending him these entire playoffs has really been what to do schematically. You can’t slow their offense if you can’t stop Jokic from running it. We’ve watched every team try a variety of stuff and we’ve watched Jokic eventually break down their game plan. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Destino said:

And that’s with their third best scorer turning into a pumpkin during these finals.

KCP became a princess during that laker series. He was ballin

nuggies role players have been excellent this post season. Wish I the dubs had that. Poole became a black hole and Dante couldn’t make a wide open shot. 

1 hour ago, Destino said:

I like what J Crawford said on NBA TV. The issue with defending Jokic is that he’s the biggest and best player on the court but scoring is his last priority. It’s not easy to guard a guy that’s playing a different game than everyone else.

he’s got a point because the issue with defending him these entire playoffs has really been what to do schematically. You can’t slow their offense if you can’t stop Jokic from running it. We’ve watched every team try a variety of stuff and we’ve watched Jokic eventually break down their game plan. 

he a monster, the lakers and AD were the only team I think he struggled to score against, and struggle is relative, he still averaged 27 ppg on 50% shooting.  

Yes, they got the sweep but Joker shot less than 50% in 3 of the 4 games. Such a well constructed rounded team surrounding him to maximize his talents too. Nuggies deserve all the success this year

that being said I like my teams chances next year.