Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

42 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

When was the last time you saw a superstar apologize to the refs the next day?

Well done, KD.

It's almost like he thinks the referees deserve to be treated like human beings.  Union isn't going to be happy about this!

6 hours ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

He's got enough seniority that I feel like they shouldn't pick him last.

TBH, if I were trying to win, I'd rather pick Lowry than DeRozan.  But if seniority isn't a consideration, then Kevin Love is the guy I'd pick last.  Not sure his game translates well to the format.

Giannis would be my first pick.  Him or Davis.

How is Lowry better than DeRozan? 

2 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

so is DeRozan

Idk, from what I've seen, he doesn't mentally collapse the same way or nearly as often as Lowry does.  It's an exhibition game, so not really applicable I guess, but I'd never want Lowry on my team in a game that actually mattered.

13 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

Idk, from what I've seen, he doesn't mentally collapse the same way or nearly as often as Lowry does.  It's an exhibition game, so not really applicable I guess, but I'd never want Lowry on my team in a game that actually mattered.

DeRozan's numbers go down a lot in the playoffs.

And he is a terrible defender.

4 minutes ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

DeRozan's numbers go down a lot in the playoffs.

And he is a terrible defender.

He still averages over 20ppg every year he's been in the playoffs, something Lowry has only done once.  He's worse from a defensive rating standpoint in the playoffs, but not by much.  Honestly, that series where the Wizards swept them and how Lowry played against the Cavs last year in the playoffs are stuck in my mind.  

These are the ASG rule changes I would like to see:

1 - Dunks are worth three points

2 - Reverse dunks and 360s are worth four points.

3 - Alley oops off the backboard are worth four points.

4 - Made buckets from the center circle are worth five points.

5 - No-look passes add one point to any subsequent bucket scored on the assist.

6 - Full court outlet passes add one point to any subsequent bucket scored on the assist.

7 - Magic Johnson-style crosscourt bounce passes add one point to any subsequent bucket scored on the assist.

8- A Bob Cousy-esque fastbreak where the dribbler spins the ball around his back before shooting or passing adds one point to the subsequent bucket

9 - Getting your ankles broken means you have to get the ball on the next possession and do the same thing to the other guy or else sub out

10 - If a spontaneous three point duel occurs, then it must be allowed to play out until one of the guys misses.

Edited by stevemcqueen1

1 hour ago, Destino said:

LMAO

Windhorst is arguably the worst of the NBA insiders.

1 hour ago, Renegade7 said:

He still averages over 20ppg every year he's been in the playoffs, something Lowry has only done once.  He's worse from a defensive rating standpoint in the playoffs, but not by much.  Honestly, that series where the Wizards swept them and how Lowry played against the Cavs last year in the playoffs are stuck in my mind.  

thats fair, but Lowry is more important for them than the Derozan. And he better.

I feel bad for Windhorst. He is now in tye unenviable position of having to vociferously defend his manhood professionally  against Draymond, in what would be a losing argument all the way around.

He also is faced with potentially having to defend the remark about him being fat, or not defend it, and have others in the media come to his defense, for being fat, which seems like it would be infinitely worse.

Seems like the best option would be to say nothing, only to look weak, and cower to the star player, or clap back, and hope you don't say something that sounds racist, or said by someone else and rehearsed by him.

36 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I feel bad for Windhorst. He is now in tye unenviable position of having to vociferously defend his manhood professionally  against Draymond, in what would be a losing argument all the way around.

He also is faced with potentially having to defend the remark about him being fat, or not defend it, and have others in the media come to his defense, for being fat, which seems like it would be infinitely worse.

Seems like the best option would be to say nothing, only to look weak, and cower to the star player, or clap back, and hope you don't say something that sounds racist, or said by someone else and rehearsed by him.

He's media, all he needs to do is direct his information seeking skills towards Green and wait for something embarrassing to turn up.  Then just pick a particularly painful moment to reveal it himself, or leak it to tmz.  

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

thats fair, but Lowry is more important for them than the Derozan. And he better.

I understand where you're coming from, I disagree on who'd I rather have on my team, though (which really isn't the question or how we got to this point in the convo).   Cheers anyhow

• Like 1