Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

4 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

The reason I'm going with KD as the best right now is due to his performance in the Finals last year. I know that he has that capability in him. He was strapping Lebron and Kyrie one-on-one on multiple occasions. Blocking, contesting, harassing, all of that. On the offensive end, he was hilariously efficient. Yes, Lebron did put up those monster stats, but he put a lot of effort into it. KD made things that should be difficult, look effortless.

I don't care who he has around him now, he was doing similar things in OKC.

Pretty much. 

Last year's finals shoulda been the measure. LeBron is still amazing but he doesn't defend much anymore except late in games and he has a team that is built for him.

Durant was so much better than LeBron in last year's finals. That should have told you that the regular box score numbers do not tell the entire story.

Just now, stevemcqueen1 said:

Now that that's settled, let's start the real debate:

MJ vs Kobe.

Please no... I got enough with the MJ vs Lebron debate on this sports page I frequent on Facebook.

Speaking of Kobe, somebody said that Shaq was irrelevant during the first three finals. As if Shaq didn't average 38ppg in one of those FInals. And that's just off the top of my head.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Speaking of Kobe, somebody said that Shaq was irrelevant during the first three finals. As if Shaq didn't average 38ppg in one of those FInals. And that's just off the top of my head.

People do that with Kobe, as if he didnt destroy the Western conference during those postseasons.

Not trying to start anything though.

Bird vs Magic, GO!

23 minutes ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Alright fine.  Then how about MJ vs Muhammad Ali: who was greater in their sport?

See, now you're just stirring the pot in here, lol.  

Got to say I enjoy coming and listening to ya'll talk shop, plenty of good points and counter points.  I really don't watch much basketball unless the Wizards are involved, but I did watch the finals and KD was the best player on the floor and there was nothing LeBron could do about it.  KD certainly made his case for best player where it mattered most on a one on one basis, but LeBron seems to be better at elevating his team then KD does.  Warriors won a championship without KD, Cleveland has been a wasteland without LeBron.

For those saying KD is better, are you also saying you'd rather have KD then LeBron on your team right now?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Renegade7 said:

For those saying KD is better, are you also saying you'd rather have KD then LeBron on your team right now?  

Without hesitation. You probably saw me ask "How would Lebron fit on the Wizards" in the Wizards thread yesterday.

I don't need to ask that question with KD. He would fit perfectly.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Without hesitation. You probably saw me ask "How would Lebron fit on the Wizards" in the Wizards thread yesterday.

I don't need to ask that question with KD. He would fit perfectly.

Yes, I did, and I still look at LeBron being here being like a square peg in a round hole compared to KD being plug and play.

10 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

Naw, he's Frieza right now. Seems like from what I see on Social Media, the world hates him. He's the best villain right now. 

Does the world hate Durant tho?

I think they used to, but the title and Westbrook's play has people backflipping.

I only chose Picollo because he looks like him and he partnered with a sworn enemy lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PeterMP said:

Doubtful.

But I was talking about Klay anyway.

The point is it is hard to determine the value of an individual on defense in the context of a team, especially when the player is playing with other exceptional defenders.  Durant looks really good on defense partly because if he does make a mistake it gets covered by the other really high quality defenders on the GSW.

And people that were clearly exceptional defenders before Durant got there.

Klay is not the best defender on the Warriors and neither is Durant.   Draymond is by far the best defender, because he covers for everyone else's mistakes and mismatches, and he does it better than anyone else.   

There is no statistical way to measure how Draymond constantly disrupts opposing offenses by relentlessly moving into lanes, switching, helping and then sluffing off into the most likely passing lane forcing the offensive player to dump it back out, but there are plenty of video clips on the web breaking it down.  Draymond sees defense at an entirely different level than other players seem to be able to, and he is constantly anticipating and reducing opportunies, rather than just reacting to what the offensive player is doing. 

2 hours ago, BenningRoadSkin said:

He has been a better defender than Draymond this season. You can windmill all you want but I watch their games and I just showed you the stats to back it up.

No he hasn't.  Durant has been great but Draymond has far more responsibility.   Stats will not show that.  And I watch every single Warriors game. 

1 hour ago, stevemcqueen1 said:

Now that that's settled, let's start the real debate:

MJ vs Kobe.

LOL.  More like Dwayne Wade vs Kobe.  Kobe isn't even top 10.  

Edited by Predicto