Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

***2021-2022 NBA Season Thread***

RonArtest15

8 hours ago, Kosher Ham said:

I have a hard time considering a guy as MVP that plays minimal defense. 

Sure he has shown that he can score...but can he defend at all ? 

Houston's defense isn't bad this year, partially because Harden has improved as well. He won't be featured on any all-defensive teams, but he's not the sieve he's been in the past.

1 hour ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

LeBron on Barkley is like Ice Cube's No Vaseline at NWA.  Wow.  

Dude!  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pre-game show on TNT Thursday night is gonna be interesting. 

Barkley kept it within that 94 feet.  Lebron kinda crossed that line and got a wee bit personal. 

• Like 1

Barkley has been getting his ass kicked lately. I was kind of on his side against Shaq. I thought Shaq went low with the "just me and Kenny know about repeating" line.

But I like that LeBron went off on his ass. Barkley is a hater.

52 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

LeBron responded exactly like the sensitive little ninny he is. 

Contact level rabbit ears

For a guy that has been the face of the league for a decade he sure spends a lot of time as the victim.  He could have simply dismissed Chuck's opinion as unimportant.  Barkley is speaking, in his special way, as a member of the basketball media about a professional basketball players behavior concerning basketball.  Here's what Charles said (and Kenny):

None of that even raises an eyebrow.  All he said was that professional basketball player Lebron is whining about not having enough talent on his professional basketball team.  All true.  Also said he is a great player and a great guy.

Lebron responded by pointing out all of Chuck's personal failings and implying that he can't afford to retire. 

Just saying. 

Edited by Destino
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Destino said:

For a guy that has been the face of the league for a decade he sure spends a lot of time as the victim and worrying about his "legacy."  He clearly lost his cool here.   

I don't disagree with this but when you have people asking you about your "legacy" all the way back to the first years of your career, it's got to be hard to ignore.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Destino said:

For a guy that has been the face of the league for a decade he sure spends a lot of time as the victim.  He could have simply dismissed Chuck's opinion as unimportant, Barkley is just talking as a member of the basketball media about a professional basketball players behavior concerning basketball.  Here's what Charles said (and Kenny):

This stuff is routine and all he said was that professional basketball player Lebron is whining about not having enough talent on his professional basketball team.  All true.  Also said he is a great player and a great guy.

Lebron responded by pointing out all of Chuck's personal failings and implying that he can't afford to retire. 

Just saying. 

It should pissed off everyone. This guy is the basketball version of a black hole. He has  to bend everything around him to his will. Other stars are eventually reduced to lesser roles, and at the very end, it's always just him standing there with his baby bottle, crying about his good everyone else is, and his awful his teams are, getting, or trying to get coaches and execs fired.

He's held an entire organization hostage unlike anything that has ever been seen before in sports history, and it STILL isn't enough.

At some point, you have to accept that this is what you have, and work with it as best you can. But he wants his new toys and he wants them now.

He should've just taken his whiny ass mercenary act to the next town after he won the title because the writing was on the wall once Durant signed with GS.

They are simply better than LeBron is, and there is nothing he can do about it. I'm sure that's part of why he lashed out at Barkley the way he did. He needed somebody to throw all that pent  up frustration at

• Like 1