Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per NFL.com: Brandon Browner threatens 49ers coach Jim Harbaugh (He wants to strangle him)

HeluCopter29

I think it's time for Roger Goodell to step up and stamp out this nonsense and start fining these guys for remarks that are over the top.  Don't mind trash talking on the field (well actually I do because I think you should just shut up and play like Art Monk did and I know it won't go away) but when coaches get involved, it's over the top.  Carroll must have handed out Buddy Ryan's memoirs this offseason.

Zero accountability is why that team will never win a SB. Carroll's loosy goosy atmosphere can work when you have  all of the talent in college football (that zero accountability is why, along with their 2 straight national championship W's and 3 straight appearances in the National Championship Game, they squandered the chance to play for 2 more) but in a game played by grown men, where accountability, character, discipline and leadership is essential to winning a title, they seem to be lacking in that department.

Teams like that are generally the easiest to crack when they hit adversity.

Exactly. It's all about those traits you mentioned, Sinister.

As soon as Carrol tries to lay down the law (and sooner or later he will, it always happens), his team will turn on him. A coach (or officer in the military, or drill instructor, or any boss for that matter) who starts out loosy goosy and "just one of the boys" can't turn into a disciplinarian when the situation calls for it. His underlings won't take him seriously, or will turn on him.

It doesn't help that John 'the Seahag Homer' Clayton uses the media to support these clowns antics out here. 

It is June and I guess there is not much else to do. Like his theory of why Wilson is a better runner than RG III.

(per his radio show on KIRO; "RG III runs more which exposes him to a greater chance of injury therefore Wilson is a better runner.")

Clayton used to frequent a restaurant attached to the hyatt regency bellevue named 0/8 that my brother in law was a sous chef at. He's actually a pretty decent guy and obviously fun to talk football with.

Zero accountability is why that team will never win a SB. Carroll's loosy goosy atmosphere can work when you have  all of the talent in college football (that zero accountability is why, along with their 2 straight national championship W's and 3 straight appearances in the National Championship Game, they squandered the chance to play for 2 more) but in a game played by grown men, where accountability, character, discipline and leadership is essential to winning a title, they seem to be lacking in that department.

Teams like that are generally the easiest to crack when they hit adversity.

Exactly. It's all about those traits you mentioned, Sinister.

As soon as Carrol tries to lay down the law (and sooner or later he will, it always happens), his team will turn on him. A coach (or officer in the military, or drill instructor, or any boss for that matter) who starts out loosy goosy and "just one of the boys" can't turn into a disciplinarian when the situation calls for it. His underlings won't take him seriously, or will turn on him.

It showed in his reaction to being down 14-0 at FedEx. The look on his face was that of someone who thought his team was going to walk in there and kick the Redskins' one legged QB's ass (and his team took on that same mentality), and when it didn't happen the way he expected it to early on, he looked like he had no idea what to do.

Instead of remaining calm/reserved, which is a championship quality, his expression (just the expression... I have no idea what he was actually thinking) was that of someone who couldn't believe that he'd already lost.

2 times in the postseason, his team simply could not match the intensity of the other team in the beginning, and 2 times, they were let off the hook by a critical injury, and an absolute 2nd half meltdown, only the Falcons ( who may be one of the most fraudulent teams in recent memory) were able to recover in the end.

2 times in the postseason, his team simply could not match the intensity of the other team in the beginning, and 2 times, they were let off the hook by a critical injury, and an absolute 2nd half meltdown, only the Falcons ( who may be one of the most fraudulent teams in recent memory) were able to recover in the end.

Please explain how the Falcons are one the the "most fraudulent teams in recent memory"? They are one blown pass interference call from the Super Bowl, and probably winning it all. They would have most likely beaten the Ravens. They just need to learn to cover tight ends.

More roid-rage-

Golden Tate wants to give Jim Harbaugh the “Sean Lee treatment"

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/22/golden-tate-wants-to-give-jim-harbaugh-the-sean-lee-treatment/

“I would try to give him the Sean Lee treatment” Tate told 710 ESPN in Seattle. “I would do that.”

Read some of the comments to that blog post. Man, Seattle fans are just stupid. I mean really dumb. I was wondering why such an irrelevant team was so hated, and now I know.

I'm so sick of Seattle. I hope San Fran demolishes them this year.

I do also.  Plus, all of the sudden, I see an explosion of bandwagon fans wearing Seahawk T-shirts and hats.  Human beings are such idiots.  How in the hell can you honestly never wear anything Seahawks and then all of the sudden start wearing stuff?  How can anyone go out in public and not be afraid of being called a fraud?  I don't get it.

Players should get suspended AND fined for this type of crap.  Who says this stuff?  None of us could get away with saying that kind of crap on record at work.  

The NFL needs to seriously start cracking down on the thug-like behavior amongst its players, this is ridiculous.

I would be pleased if Seattle somehow missed the playoffs this season. I'd also like to see their loudmouth defense in the bottom half of the rankings, torched all season, and another couple of them suspended for PEDs. 

Their defense might not take a plunge this year, but I could definitely see them missing the playoffs.

- Their offense is explosive, but also injury prone. Harvin and Rice aren't exactly known for making it through entire seasons.

- The NFCW is becoming one of the more competitive divisions. Shehawks and 49ers are the juggernauts, but Arizona now has a pretty good QB (which was what they needed) to go along with a pretty stout defense, and the Rams finally gave Bradford some weapons on offense to throw to. With the Seahawks being notoriously bad away from home, I can see them going 3-3 or worse in the division.

- They play the AFCS, NFCS, and then the Giants and Vikings. New York, Houston, Indianapolis, Atlanta, New Orleans, hell, even to a lesser extent Carolina and Tampa all have a decent shot at winning (probably not Tampa as much, as they play them at home, but they play all the others away). Their home schedule is against the lesser teams in those divisions and Minnesota.

8-8 or 7-9 isn't too far fetched.

These dudes are way over the top. First Sherman, now Browner. I hope they finish 6-10 or worse this year. 

As soon as the Seahawks secondary named themselves the "Leigon of Boom" and their receivers the "Leigon of Zoom" I've never wanted a team to crash and burn more.

Archived