Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

AP - Jeb Bush: America will decline without immigrants

The Evil Genius

Nice title, right? Check out this doozy though. 

"Immigrants are more fertile, and they love families," he said.

That silly statement notwithstanding, it is refreshing to hear someone from the GOP establishment talk about immigration in a way in which it embraces minorities.

I'm just waiting for Marco Rubio to chime in and agree with Jeb..except for those immigrants that belong to THE GAYS.

:lol:

http://www.sfgate.com/news/politics/article/Jeb-Bush-America-will-decline-without-immigrants-4600521.php

Jeb Bush: America will decline without immigrants Associated Press, By STEVE PEOPLES

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush says the future of the American economy depends on immigrants.

Speaking Friday to religious conservatives, Bush said that immigrants are particularly important to help create more taxpayers to fund the safety net for the large, retiring baby boomer generation.

"Immigrants create far more businesses than native-born Americans over the last 20 years," he said, adding that immigrants also have more "intact families."

MORE AFTER LINK

What about the lazy, benefit-siphoning immigrants? Nice words, but let no one forget this is the same party that's been dissing immigrants for the past several decades.

Well of course Brother Jeb had to get his jabs in, just to remind us he's a Republican.

;)

Before being granted legal status, Bush said, they should pay a fine, learn English and be blocked from receiving welfare benefits.

That way - some people can be more equal than others.

I agree immigrants who want to come here to work should be allowed to do so, but should learn English, and not be beneficiaries of welfare or affirmative action.

Paying a "fine" is stupid.

Our country was built on people coming here for economic opportunity, and assimilating into American society. When I lived in other countries I had to learn the local language.

So, am I a bigot, or a bleeding heart liberal?

There is a (simple) English test as part of citizenship. We don't ask legal immigrants or temporary workers to pass an English test.

When I lived in other countries I had to learn the local language.

How did they enforce that?

I've never "had to" learn the local language in any country I lived in, aside from when I was in grade school.

What about the lazy, benefit-siphoning immigrants? Nice words, but let no one forget this is the same party that's been dissing immigrants for the past several decades.

Well of course Brother Jeb had to get his jabs in, just to remind us he's a Republican.

;)

Before being granted legal status, Bush said, they should pay a fine, learn English and be blocked from receiving welfare benefits.

That way - some people can be more equal than others.

Typical. So he wants the immigrants to drive down the cost of labor, but he doesn't want to treat the cheap labor like actual citizens...talk about having it both ways. Republicans these days...no shame and no holding back.

Jeb and the other RINOs as well as Liberals are thinking we supported infanticid err abortion on demand and now we realize the country is short 50 million taxpayers, welfare recipients and left leaning voters.

The majority of Illegal Aliens are not going to be taxpayers since most of them are low skilled and not highly educated. That segment also believe in government taking care of them.

No one has a problem with legal immigrants who followed the rules to get here especially if they come here with a skill but you get the impression that immigrants who are highly educated and potentially self sufficient are shunned by the left.

DC, Maryland and other Sanctuary areas give illegal aliens Drivers licenses.

Democrats are determined to have amnesty to import more poor people by the end of the year and there are enough idiots in the GOP who will sign a bill that will not secure the border first.

The House Republicans has to block the amnesty bill until they can gather enough  politicians on the otherside to do an immigration reform bill ( which also prevents Chain Immigration) that will not turn the USA into an effed up place like California.

I agree immigrants who want to come here to work should be allowed to do so, but should learn English, and not be beneficiaries of welfare or affirmative action.

Paying a "fine" is stupid.

Our country was built on people coming here for economic opportunity, and assimilating into American society. When I lived in other countries I had to learn the local language.

So, am I a bigot, or a bleeding heart liberal?

Is there really a difference? :):D I agree with what you posted to an extend. However comma immigrating to the USA is not a Right. It is a Privilege. That privilege should increase to 2 million annually 30% of them poor and stupid but all from countries that love the USA. IMHO

Anything Jeb say there that is incorrect?

Immigrants do have more children as evidenced by the replacement rate of white people and native born Americans now putting off marriage and having children barely at the replacement rate. 

In order for the ponzi scheme of SSI, medicare, medicaid and Affordable Health Care Act (also known as Obamacare) we need more younger tax payers, or else a graying population will further turn us into Europe.

Then again, I have been arguing for open borders for years. You can't have a welfare state and open borders though for the first generation immigrants or else you'll bankrupt the nation

The majority of Illegal Aliens are not going to be taxpayers since most of them are low skilled and not highly educated. That segment also believe in government taking care of them.

Probably more "American" than the millions of native-born who are low-skilled, not highly educated AND not willing to work. And these people I'm talking about already pay NO taxes AND receive gov't handouts. 

So at least the illegal aliens come here to work. 

There is a (simple) English test as part of citizenship. We don't ask legal immigrants or temporary workers to pass an English test.

I've never "had to" learn the local language in any country I lived in, aside from when I was in grade school.

Poor choice of words on my part, I suppose. I meant I took it upon myself to learn Italian, and later German.

Basically I believe in late 19th/early 20th century model where we took in a significantly higher proportion of immigrants than any of the numbers people overreact to these days. No safety net, and everyone was expected to learn English.

People love to blame immigration for everything, but without migrant workers people's grocery bills would more than double, the cost of a new home would probably go up another 20%, and on and on.

Immigrants do have more children as evidenced by the replacement rate of white people and native born Americans now putting off marriage and having children barely at the replacement rate. 

In order for the ponzi scheme of SSI, medicare, medicaid and Affordable Health Care Act (also known as Obamacare) we need more younger tax payers, or else a graying population will further turn us into Europe.

Then again, I have been arguing for open borders for years. You can't have a welfare state and open borders though for the first generation immigrants or else you'll bankrupt the nation

Seriously?  Let's start with the fact that "immigrants" implies people from all sorts of ethnicities, countries and backgrounds.  So, I don't know who you are considering to have more kids than white people, but A) white people can be immigrants, and B) you are casting a pretty wide net when you say "immigrants."

Let's also start from the fact that its insulting to say we need a labor force of new immigrants, which implies that immigrants' children are not going to rise above lower to working class status in this country.

Its absolutely ridiculous.  But if people start defending this, then the whole republican party is nuts.

Oh, thanks for actually reading it though compared to other people in the thread arguing about whether immigrants are going to get federal benefits or not.

Poor choice of words on my part, I suppose. I meant I took it upon myself to learn Italian, and later German.

Basically I believe in late 19th/early 20th century model where we took in a significantly higher proportion of immigrants than any of the numbers people overreact to these days. No safety net, and everyone was expected to learn English.

People love to blame immigration for everything, but without migrant workers people's grocery bills would more than double, the cost of a new home would probably go up another 20%, and on and on.

As the vast majority of immigrants are here for economic opportunity, don't you think they are driven to acquire the skills that will give them more opportunity? Is there evidence that adoption of English by immigrants lower than in the past?

Not being able to speak English is a huge constraint here. And providing assistance in languages other than language is not enabling lazy people who do not want to assimilate, it's providing access.

You know it's a good thread when you can draw the cavemen out.

;)

As for you SHF (who is decidedly not a caveman)...

Well, there is that part that he wants them to be barred from ever collecting welfare (even when they are legal citizens). Again, some citizens are more equal than others, I guess. 

His wordchoice is primary to the conversation though. Why didn't he just call them breeders and be done with it? Not to the mention what has already been pointed out - immigrants come in all shapes, sizes, and color. 

:evilg:

Archived