Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything Chris Christie Thread

@DCGoldPants

We have open primaries. I'm voting for the craziest TPers to go up against the pink, homo-loving, abortioni...err, Dems.

(If you wanna win, you gotta have a plan.) :lol:

Perfect! I've been doing this for the last few election cycles. One of these days one of 'em is going to win. Then we'll have the fun of watching heads explode when the only choice they have is to vote for a whack job, a Dem or stay home and let the Dem win.

I'm really not a fan of the increasingly reflexive technique of, when somebody says something bad about one, attacking the person who said it.

But, in Christie's defense, when the allegation is as vague as "evidence exists", there's not much else he can do.

"Evidence exists"? How about showing it?

I think the Attorneys General are going to have to give him immunity, and I doubt he'd be so fervent in asking for it if there weren't something behind the scenes pointing to illegal actions/results.

There was more to that article when I read it last night, they've done some editing. There are other articles about Christie being booed at a couple SB events, but from what I read originally in this one, he was at one event with Arizona Governor Jan Brewer...he was trying to "maneuver himself" to the back of the stage to avoid the boos, and Brewer coaxed him back to the front with her, something like that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Christie lawyers’ report: Bridge traffic jam politically motivated, governor had no role

Political motivations were at the heart of a plan by aides to New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie to close lanes on George Washington Bridge and spark a massive traffic jam in the town of Fort Lee, according to a new internal report conducted by lawyers on behalf of Christie.

The 360-page internal review, released Thursday, cleared the governor himself of any wrongdoing, however, finding he had no advance knowledge of the lane closures and no role in planning or directing them. It found instead that the plan was hatched by David Wildstein, a top Christie ally working for the Port Authority.

The conclusion that the governor had no role came despite Wildstein’s statement that he alerted Christie to the closure of the lanes and its impact on traffic at a public event while the jam was still underway. According to the report, Christie has no memory of the conversation.

“What we found was that Gov. Christie had no involvement in the decision to close these lanes and no prior knowledge. Not a shred of evidence of it,” the attorney leading the review, Randy Mastro, told reporters Thursday.

The report says that the only member of Christie’s staff who also knew of the plan was Christie’s deputy chief of staff, Bridget Anne Kelly, who in August 2012 wrote an e-mail indicating it was “time for some traffic problems” in Fort Lee.

The report found that Wildstein and Kelly arranged for the closure “at least in part, for some ulterior motive to target” Fort Lee Mayor Mark Sokolich, indicating that e-mails show the two had grown angry with mayor around the time they first discussed closing the lanes, in August 2012.

The report generally clears the Republican governor of any knowledge of the traffic jam, portraying Christie as being as in the dark about Kelly and Wildstein’s actions and anxious to learn more about them when questions arose about the issue in the months after the closure.

Christie has struggled to move past the controversy since it was revealed that his top aides were involved with engineering the closures, potentially to get back at a political foe. The governor will likely cite the report as proof that he has been candid with the public about the issue.

But Democrats have dismissed the internal review as incomplete and insufficient. It was commissioned by Christie and conducted by lawyers who are being paid by New Jersey taxpayers but assigned to represent Christie and his office. Several key aides, including Kelly and Wildstein, refused to take part.

More from the link.

I know it's Rachel, but it's true. The New York Times is the reference. There are some things that don't go away, even if you give them away for an endorsement. No one's even made a big deal about it, but should he pop up in a primary, it'll be bigger than Bridgegate.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/03/12/rachel-maddow-christie-cronies-911-political-goodie-bag-makes-bridge-scandal-even-weirder/

Nothing to see here, folks...the law firm that is paid to represent the Governor's office says, without interviewing any of the major players, that the Governor had no knowledge of the incident.

And then portrays one of the major players, who was not interviewed, as a love-sick vengeance-seeking woman...somebody please explain how this made her make "traffic problems in Fort Lee". I fail to see the connection. Seems like a very weak attempt to discredit a very trusted member of his staff.

Give her immunity. Let her sing.

Mary, I think you're mischaracterizing the point, here.

A team of investigators, who have been hired to represent the Governor, after spending months going over every piece of evidence they can find, have concluded that there is no evidence proving that the Governor was directly, personally, explicitly, involved.

Any more.

Goodbye everybody if Jeb runs

Goodbye noone.

Jeb Bush will not get the nomination.  He may run but he the current GOP isn't going to give it to another Bush.

Frankly, next years Republican field will probably be bigger than 2012.

Rick Santorum will give it another go, just so his right wing religious views are aired.  The Republicans still cater to the religious right and that won't change.

Rand Paul is running.

Ted Cruz is running.

Marco Rubio might be running.

Chris Christie will probably run.

Bobby Jindal will probably run.

Rick Perry will probably give it a second shot.

Scott Walker may run.

Paul Ryan may run.

Mike Huckabee is thinking about another run.

You know there's already 4 declared candidates.

http://2016.republican-candidates.org/

The 2016 Republican field will be large and unlike last time will actually have some decent candidates.

I still don't think it will mean much, as the female factor alone could be just enough to give Hillary the win in 2016.

Jeb runs away with it over everybody if he runs.

I suspect you're right, but it will be like Romney.

The voters won't like him, but the big money will. (Because, frankly, the big money is a lot smarter than the voters).

Archived