Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Everything Chris Christie Thread

@DCGoldPants

Nah.  The question "why did she wait to expose it" will kill the story.

I think it occured, just like quid pro quo occurs everywhere.  But I dont believe her version of it.

It will give Rachel something to talk about other than the Koch brothers for a while, but it wont hurt him longterm.

Nah.  The question "why did she wait to expose it" will kill the story.

I think it occured, just like quid pro quo occurs everywhere.  But I dont believe her version of it.

It will give Rachel something to talk about other than the Koch brothers for a while, but it wont hurt him longterm.

You might be right.  Hard to say.  I suspect it all depends on whether any of his high-up aides crack under pressure.  

Here is why I think you are wrong...  Who were the last two Presidential Candidates for the Republicans... McCain and Romney right.

Two moderates....   enourmously supported by moderates and independents prior to the election cycle.  hat killed them was that they both cowtowed to the right fringe of their party.

In both cases the Right had alternatives which  they liked better.   The party Including the right chose  guys exactly because they had cross appeal.  

If Christy stays true to himself,  doesn't appologize for his most popular political decisions and accomplishments, and runs on his own merits;   The GOP will choose who gives them the best chance to win...  period....    The danger is it's easier to placate the Right in the primaries,   and try to weazle back to the center in the general... But the people are all over that.

As long as there is a Democrat in the race the GOP always have a good chance to win.    The only reason the GOP lost twice to Obama was after their primaries the choice they offered to the American people wasn't a viable choice....

If by moderates you mean RINOs. Seriously, they were big government but wanted social conservatism.

If by moderates you mean RINOs. Seriously, they were big government but wanted social conservatism.

his post makes moderates and independents look kinda naive don't it?

enormously supported ,yet couldn't overlook insincere pandering ......they got what they deserved

The Bully's Skeletons are coming out. Better now, than later.

I doubt the timing matters all that much. Aside from personal differences, RMoney's team ruled Christie out due to skeletons in his closet. I suspect what we've seen so far is just the tip of the iceberg and there's even more/worse stuff that will come out later.

According to a letter released by David Wildstein, the Port Authority official who resigned in the wake of the George Washington Bridge traffic jam last fall, New Jersey Governor Chris Christie was aware of the incident as it unfolded. According to letter first released by the New York Times, Wildstein -- who was one of the fall guys for the scandal that has led to numerous subpoenas and investigations -- asserts that “evidence exists ... tying Mr. Christie to having knowledge of the lane closures, during the period when the lanes were closed, contrary to what the governor stated publicly in a two-hour press conference." The letter, written to the Port Authority general counsel, disputes the agency's decision not to pay Wildstein's legal fees during the state and federal investigations into the scandal.

More from the link.

Jeb!, Rand, or Paul Ryan, huh...

His own mom doesn't want another Bush; you think the nation or the Republican party will.    Rand is too nutty to win the nomination though he could finish second as a Libertarian candidate.   Paul Ryan will go no where.

The 2016 race is almost over before it even starts.      Fill in ______________   Democratic candidate- Hillary or someone else should win the PResidency.

The 2016 race is almost over before it even starts.      Fill in ______________   Democratic candidate- Hillary or someone else should win the PResidency.

At this time, a year ago, the Redskins were going to at least go deep in the playoffs.

I could see Jeb! looking REAL good, against those two.

And maybe standing a chance, in the general.

any hope for the Ohio dude or Walker?

they could always let loose the Romninator,and I hear Perry's new glasses upped his ....his, . , uh, you know 

I'm holding out for Condi or Stache

I don't think any of the current top names of the GOP are likely at the moment. Rubio...he's going to have his hands full with what this immigration thing his party is developing would turn in to. Rand is simply not somebody the swing voters will go for. Christie was possible but now there is blood in the water, a primary could be ugly. Who else? Cruz? Paul Ryan? Only guy I see as someone a majority could support now would be Pence, He looks like a classic middle American who seems nice enough and is not threatening. Good speaker. I don't know much else.

Back to the top at hand....we'll see what happens with this but Christie looks to have other stuff going on for the next chunk of time.

any hope for the Ohio dude or Walker?

they could always let loose the Romninator,and I hear Perry's new glasses upped his ....his, . , uh, you know 

I'm holding out for Condi or Stache

I'd vote for Kasich just because he was once my congressman and plus I like the guy and I don't think he's radical.   Kasich will never got the nomination though.

Walker is a dark  horse for the nomination.

Thing is, the Republican party as we know it could very well end this year.  The right wing/tea party wing is furious at the Establishment for pushing for immigration reform.   You could see the split that has no long been predicted to happen.  If it does, Dems will be dominating in a 3 way race.

His own mom doesn't want another Bush; you think the nation or the Republican party will.    Rand is too nutty to win the nomination though he could finish second as a Libertarian candidate.   Paul Ryan will go no where.

You are way, way ahead of yourself.  There are no guarantees, and there is tons of time for candidates to emerge.

I

Thing is, the Republican party as we know it could very well end this year.  The right wing/tea party wing is furious at the Establishment for pushing for immigration reform.   You could see the split that has no long been predicted to happen.  If it does, Dems will be dominating in a 3 way race.

You are dreaming now.   The GOP may be divided and angry, but they hate the pinko homo loving abortionis... err... Democrats a hundred timed more.   They will close ranks like they always do.

Archived