Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

HTTR24-7.com; Free Agency 7 Round Washington Redskins Mock Draft

KCClybun

Click here to read more.

This offseason has probably been one of the most boring on record for any Redskins fans…and it seems like a majority of fans don’t to mind very much. We understand the cap situation, understand our needs, and are still waiting for the market to settle. That being said, without being very active in free agency, it puts a premium on every draft choice we make. This draft has some familiar faces from the previous two mock drafts I’ve done and some new ones, but I think this is a slightly more balanced approached than the other two have been.

2nd Round.) Jamar Taylor, Cornerback, Boise State.

Click here to read more.

Have the Skins ever spread their draft picks so evenly over different positions like you have here?

Watch them draft a TE first lol...then two O-Linemen...then nothing but CBs and Safeties the rest of the way after trading down :ols: (oh, and as you said, definitely an RB in there somewhere, that's a given).

Lol. Probably not, but if there's one year for them to do it, it's this year.

Lol. Probably not, but if there's one year for them to do it, it's this year.

I actually thought the same thing after I posted...with the Skins still having good depth, injured players returning and the debilitating cap penalty, this could be the year where they can get away with spreading their draft picks more evenly over positions of need.

Great write up, btw...I love when others do the legwork for me lol :thumbsup:

I actually thought the same thing after I posted...with the Skins still having good depth, injured players returning and the debilitating cap penalty, this could be the year where they can get away with spreading their draft picks more evenly over positions of need.

Great write up, btw...I love when others do the legwork for me lol :thumbsup:

Glad I could assist in your laziness, sir, :-)

Jamar Taylor isn't my favorite player who'd be there at that spot, but I'd definitely be okay with it. Other guys to look at are Poyer, Wreh-Wilson, or Alford.

Every other pick is golden, IMO. Even the UDFAs. Nice work, man.

I kept going back and forth between Poyer and Taylor. Both are some of my favorite corners in the draft, but ultimately Taylor's athleticism won out of over Poyer's more solid technique and instincts.

Always fun to read what you have to say on the draft, KC.

Good write-up and I like the draft a lot. I wouldn't be upset at all with this draft if it worked out that way.

Two things real quick:

1) Give a little love to Ray Ray. You just never know.

2) After watching that Jamar Taylor video I am convinced Boise State's offense sucked.

Good write-up and I like the draft a lot. I wouldn't be upset at all with this draft if it worked out that way.

Two things real quick:

2) After watching that Jamar Taylor video I am convinced Boise State's offense sucked.

I think Ray Ray is kind of overrated, on top of his off the field red flags.

NLC...we disagree on various things, football-wise, from time to time, but not too often. Nice work, and someday down the road I wouldn't be surprised to see you (or LL) employed by the NFL (or a network) unless you already have, or land, even better work. :ols:

Great mock NLC. I would be thrilled with that draft. I'm high on Rambo, and I think we'll have some good options at FS...we just need to hit on that pick. It would be huge for us.

Also, haven't seen a lot of talk about Vernon here...but that kid is a baller. He's always open. Nothing flashy, but a heck of a player. I also like Klein, but would happy if we gave Kevin Reddick a look at ILB as well. He really fits the "criteria" of guys that our FO seems to key on, and he's a really solid player as well.

I can see myself rooting for a DB named Taylor. :) That game tape looks pretty damn solid, I might add...granted it's BYU.

Edit: I also have hard time seeing Rambo fall to us in the 3rd because if you can see the aspects of his game you mentioned in the article, so can the scouts.

Absolutely love the Jamar Taylor pick. I really doubt he'd be there at 51, but if he is, he'd be a monster for us. Andre Ellington in the 4th would be amazing as well, but I also doubt he falls that far. If he's not there in the 4th, what do you think of a Kenny Stills there instead of Conner Vernon in the 5th?

Absolutely love the Jamar Taylor pick. I really doubt he'd be there at 51, but if he is, he'd be a monster for us. Andre Ellington in the 4th would be amazing as well, but I also doubt he falls that far. If he's not there in the 4th, what do you think of a Kenny Stills there instead of Conner Vernon in the 5th?

I tried to make the picks as even as possible. Some places had Taylor in the second, some had him in the third, WalterFootball had him in the 3-5 range. Same with Ellington, and Rambo for that matter Same after digging around I felt comfortable putting them around those ranges, though they could certainly go higher.

I haven't watched a ton of tape on Stills, but he did stand out to me at the Combine. I might have to go and watch more of him.

BTW, thanks Rob Jackson for making my mock draft completely out of date mere hours after posting it. Time to go back to the lab and look at pass rushers... *sigh*.

I tried to make the picks as even as possible. Some places had Taylor in the second, some had him in the third, WalterFootball had him in the 3-5 range. Same with Ellington, and Rambo for that matter Same after digging around I felt comfortable putting them around those ranges, though they could certainly go higher.

I haven't watched a ton of tape on Stills, but he did stand out to me at the Combine. I might have to go and watch more of him.

BTW, thanks Rob Jackson for making my mock draft completely out of date mere hours after posting it. Time to go back to the lab and look at pass rushers... *sigh*.

In my opinion, if those guys were available at those picks. Then Rob Jackson missing 4 games doesn't matter. We'd be getting some serious talent at those picks. Too much talent to leave on the table for a backup pass rusher.

If in rd 2, there's an OT who could step in and start at RT in game 1 (that means he wins the camp comp), do you take him? If in rd 2 there a WR who could start as the #2 WR in game 1, do you take him? Granted I know our secondary is atrocious, but it's hard to pass up giving RGIII an offensive or defense (in the sense of protective) weapon who will immediately start, not come off the bench here and there. With RGIII, it's a force multiplier.

Two things real quick:

I was at that game and when you addr that game with their lackluster performance at Michigan St two games earlier, we fans were in panic mode. BYU had a decent defense last year though and we had an offensive TD denied on a bogus call. Anyway I'd love to see "Lord" Jamar in B & G!

If in rd 2, there's an OT who could step in and start at RT in game 1 (that means he wins the camp comp), do you take him? If in rd 2 there a WR who could start as the #2 WR in game 1, do you take him? Granted I know our secondary is atrocious, but it's hard to pass up giving RGIII an offensive or defense (in the sense of protective) weapon who will immediately start, not come off the bench here and there. With RGIII, it's a force multiplier.

We tend to go best player available, so if that was the case then we'd have to consider it. I'm mostly going off the assumption that both our offensive lines and receiver core are fairly deep so it'll be less of a priority, but if there's a guy there that's an absolute steal then we'll probably take the chance.

Archived