Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Any inventors out there? Tips? Where to begin?

Rdskn4Lyf21

I also have an idea that deals w/guns & safety...BUT I think it wouldn't be cost efficient and probably too cumbersome to implement..of course I would have no idea how to do it..but I know the technology exist...I'm sure it would make prices go up...but it would be a great safety aspect of a gun..aside from the safety already on the gun now...I don't know how gun people would feel about something like this tho...I have been thinking of this for quite some time...the logistics and such would overwhelm me..lol

Another thing...

Start to do research on costs of materials, production, etc.

You need a business plan for any of this type of stuff. Getting that patent and such won't kill you pocket. But the other upstart costs can be astronomical.

You need to throw your heart and soul into this type of stuff usually... unless you get lucky.

Again take into account your marketing, packaging, and all that other stuff that I said before also.

Eh, no. You can't patent something that has already been invented. A 'novelty search' will be conducted by a patent agent or attorney to determine that they are not wasting their time..

That's what I said...right ?

If the invention is not patented...if you patent it...it's yours. Right ?

I could be wrong for sure. But that is the way I understand it.

That's what I said...right ?

If the invention is not patented...if you patent it...it's yours. Right ?

I could be wrong for sure. But that is the way I understand it.

No. If it has been invented (and is known of), you can't patent it.

The wheel and the hammer existed before society was assigning patents. You can't go back and patent them now.

EDIT: although apparently the Australian Patent Office did do this by mistake. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/asia-pacific/1418165.stm :ols:

---------- Post added January-28th-2013 at 12:14 PM ----------

My hunch, and it's only a hunch, is that you would want to create prototypes until you had refined the concept to perfection. And then take the idea to appropriate manufacturers.

Archived