Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Press Release: STATEMENT FROM JAMES R. ANDREWS, M.D., ANDREWS INSTITUTE REGARDING PROCEDURE PERFORMED ON ROBERT GRIFFIN III

TK

i'm not saying he did a bad job, but that's what some reports were saying

I think it comes down to the difference between the 12th guy on the bench for an average NBA team and MJ in his prime. Both are in the NBA, both are players, but MJ is a PLAYER, if you know what I mean. I don't have any reason to believe Adickes(former Redskin btw) is a bad surgeon, just that Dr. Andrews is the best in the world apparnetly by like a million miles.

i'm not saying he did a bad job, but that's what some reports were saying

Not so much that he did a "bad job", but that he did a quick-fix 'patch job' on RG3's knee.

IOW, to use a car analysis, the first one decided to just fix the leak in the tire. Andrews decided that replacing the tire would be better. :)

Guaranteed RG3 will never be put on the Madden cover! This place will go nuts! Although Megatron may have broken the curse!

He may have broken the curse of the single player stats, how'd this season work out for the lions though. I tell you all now, if they open voting up to the public on who should be on the cover of madden 14 we must all as loyal Redskins fans vote for either a cowboy or midget to be on the cover. Do not let that curse in our house!

He may have broken the curse of the single player stats, how'd this season work out for the lions though. I tell you all now, if they open voting up to the public on who should be on the cover of madden 14 we must all as loyal Redskins fans vote for either a cowboy or midget to be on the cover. Do not let that curse in our house!

Can we get Jerruh Jones on it?

WTF! Medial meniscus in addition to ACL and LCL. The hits keep coming :(

In a column for FOXSports.com, Dr. Mark Adickes, who performed RG3's first ACL surgery in 2009, writes: "The surgery that Dr. James Andrews performed was a repair of his LCL, a revision reconstruction of his ACL and a repair of his medial meniscus. All three surgeries are significant when done alone. When done together, they comprise a major surgery that leads to an extremely painful and arduous recovery."

link:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/21535060/dr-james-andrews-rg3-already-looking-to-start-rehab

At least RGIII is chomping @ the bit for rehab!

Yea, people think theses athletes are just in the gym as usual for these rehabs, maybe go a little harder in the offseason.

Rg3 is going to be in excruciating pain for awhile, and he's going to, basically, purposefully put himself in more pain by rehabbing as much as possible. No time off for him. No summertime fun, no time with fiancee, nothing. And that's to hopefully be back in time for the season. I wouldn't want that responsibility...

We better be thankful for this dude.

Yes you should! I'm a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals and I have been praying for RG3's recovery. His rehabilitation reminds me of what former Bengal quarterback Carson Palmer had to go through in 2006 although Carson's injury was due to a dirty Steeler defensive lineman trying to tear his leg off at the knee. You have a very special quarterback there in Washington and I do hope he recovers well. RG3 is a credit to the game, a tough competitor, and a true gentleman. All of the Cincinnati players were extremely impressed with him after the Bengals - Redskins game this season and it seemed he had something nice to say to everyone after the game. Congratulations on making the postseason and maybe in 2013 neither the Bengals nor the Redskins will be "one-and-done" in the playoffs. You have a great organization and a loyal fan base.

Y I'm a fan of the Cincinnati Bengals and I have been praying for RG3's recovery. ll. RG3 is a credit to the game, a tough competitor, and a true gentleman. All of the Cincinnati players were extremely impressed with him after the Bengals - Redskins game this season and it seemed he had something nice to say to everyone after the game. Congratulations on making the postseason and maybe in 2013 neither the Bengals nor the Redskins will be "one-and-done" in the playoffs. You have a great organization and a loyal fan base.

Appreciate the thoughts, and you guys are easily the best team in Ohio to root for. I never wanted to lose Lewis and I think he is a good coach, things are looking up there. Good Luck.

Archived