Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How is RGIII? (merged)

Crazed Bengal

we are lucky. 

Robert might be damaged goods in terms of knee health, but we got a guy with: 

1. exceptional arm strength
  2. exceptional speed at the position (did you know he's 2nd all time in NFL history with  5 games over 200 yards passing and 75 yards rushing, he's only behind Vick and Randall who had 6!)
  3. accuracy (not on display this year, but we know he has it)
  4. Smarts, don't bail on me here, the kid was smart all last year, he didn't get dumb for the 2013 season
  5. charisma
  6. tough, can't dispute that
  7. leadership

so, we got the full package, not saying he's perfect but holding on to the ball, not finding the open guy, not checking down, not pulling the trigger enough and running ... those are things that can be corrected with more practice and experience. 

we are lucky. 

Robert might be damaged goods in terms of knee health, but we got a guy with: 

1. exceptional arm strength
  2. exceptional speed at the position (did you know he's 2nd all time in NFL history with  5 games over 200 yards passing and 75 yards rushing, he's only behind Vick and Randall who had 6!)
  3. accuracy (not on display this year, but we know he has it)
  4. Smarts, don't bail on me here, the kid was smart all last year, he didn't get dumb for the 2013 season
  5. charisma
  6. tough, can't dispute that
  7. leadership

so, we got the full package, not saying he's perfect but holding on to the ball, not finding the open guy, not checking down, not pulling the trigger enough and running ... those are things that can be corrected with more practice and experience. 

1. Exceptional? No. Good, yes. But poor accuracy so who cares?

2. Not if he's damaged goods with his knee(s).

3. Yea, no accuracy. Not this year at least

4. Smart  . . . or lucky?

5. Sure

6. I guess. Stupid and tought are frequently the same.

7. Nope. Not if you run your mouth to the media all the time.

He isn't progressing like he should. He doesn't appear to know the playbook. He doesn't know how to read a defense. Doesn't read the route trees. Doesn't like the checkdown. He's an awful pocket passer with poor presence and awareness.

He got away with it last year because defenses didn't know how to handle that zone read. They've had a whole offseason to work on it. The Broncos rushed the passer with purpose. They kept their lanes and never gave Griffen a chance to run around. They simply dared him to sit in the pocket and beat them with his arm because . . . he's never done it.

Robert referred to it as a precaution.

If it was an effort to put up 20+ points in a handful of minutes, it was an extremely misguided one. Cousins was equally terrible. 2 out of 11 passes intercepted? Get out of here.

FWIW, I think Robert is physically sound. As far as his mental state goes, I can't attest, but I do believe that it is far more likely the root of the problem. His timing is off and his play suggests that he lacks confidence in his line and in his receivers. I don't blame him. The offensive woes are a constellation of issues and can't be attributed to one player, as convenient as that would be.

You're gonna blame him for the 2nd pick? Cousins looked pretty good besides the pick six.

1. Exceptional? No. Good, yes. But poor accuracy so who cares?

2. Not if he's damaged goods with his knee(s).

3. Yea, no accuracy. Not this year at least

4. Smart  . . . or lucky?

5. Sure

6. I guess. Stupid and tought are frequently the same.

7. Nope. Not if you run your mouth to the media all the time.

He isn't progressing like he should. He doesn't appear to know the playbook. He doesn't know how to read a defense. Doesn't read the route trees. Doesn't like the check down. He's an awful pocket passer with poor presence and awareness.

He got away with it last year because defenses didn't know how to handle that zone read. They've had a whole offseason to work on it. The Broncos rushed the passer with purpose. They kept their lanes and never gave Griffen a chance to run around. They simply dared him to sit in the pocket and beat them with his arm because . . . he's never done it.

Either you are just real salty about the loss or you flat out don't like our QB, because you are just coming off as bitter. 

I don't expect you to agree, but to say Robert does not have elite arm strength is ridiculous.  That laser to Hankerson was just one example of several. Damage goods? he just rushed for 70+ and 80+ yards two games ago  ... you blindly say damaged, I say just getting warmed up. He can run. 

The most damning thing you said is questioning his smarts/intellect.  No need to go on. You obviously don't like him and there's no point discussing our QB with someone that is not being objective. 

• 10 months later...

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24710943/no-fracture-positive-results-for-robert-griffin-iii-after-ankle-injury

It was hard not to fear the worst for Redskins quarterback Robert Griffin III after he suffered a dislocated ankle during the first quarter of Sunday's 41-10 win over the Jaguars.

But the results were "positive" for Griffin, and it appears he could only miss a few weeks with his ankle injury.

COACH FAVORED COUSINS?

Gruden preferred Cousins as QB starter all along?

Coach Jay Gruden said during his press conference on Monday that RG3 suffered a dislocated ankle, not a fractured ankle that the team had originally feared.

Currently, there's no timeline for Griffin's return, but it won't be anytime soon. "We'll know in a few more weeks how long he'll be out," Gruden said. "He's going to put it in a cast for a couple weeks... but we just don't know how long the recovery time is as of now."

There is a possibility that Griffin won't be back this season. The Redskins will now move forward with capable backup Kirk Cousins -- and perhaps a preferred quarterback? -- and Gruden says the game plan won't change much with Cousins.

I think its risky bringing him back this year, if he gets another quick injury it could be his last.

Someone needs to lock Robert in a cryogenic chamber and put the setting on broil, when the red thing pops out he is ready to play.  I think that will be sometime next off-season otherwise your being careless with his health.

Archived