Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Expert predictions: Ditka and Greenberg pick the Skins

HTTR78

Playbook went 3-1, Billick, McNabb, and Sharpe all picked Skins. Baldinger, the guy who almost ALWAYS picks us, picked Seattle.

I know of a few big money handicappers that all have huge money on the Skins today. Most guys I've talked to think Seattle is overrated and the wrong team is favored in this game (seattle is favored by 3)

In my best Jim Carey voice "So you're sayin theres a chance"... :)

This is going to be a good close game and Id bet the one most football fans have been looking most forward to. Im looking forward to the Colts/Ravens game too but even if I wasn't a Redskins fan, our game would be the headliner of the weekend for me.

Oh and my 6 year old daughter picked the Skins to win last night and she has been right 7 games in a row! ;)

It doesn't surprise me that some of the best analyst are picking the Redskins to win this, their the ones who do their homework. The Redskins are a better team and they have the better offensive weapons period. Their on a longer winning streak and against much better teams than Seattle played. It's not going to take long before the Seahawks realize they aren't playing in their pansy division or in their home stadium today. They will get a rude welcome to the NFC East today, that's for damn sure!

Sharpe also said his ROY is Alfred Morris.:)

It's hard to argue with Sharpe. I mean even when I voted for ROY, I seen RG3 and The Butler. Part of me really wanted to vote for the Butler but I know that this will only propel RG3 to play even better. The Butler don't care about accolades, he is good regardless. But if we could choose 2 ROY, we sweep.

It doesn't surprise me that some of the best analyst are picking the Redskins to win this, their the ones who do their homework. The Redskins are a better team and they have the better offensive weapons period. Their on a longer winning streak and against much better teams than Seattle played. It's not going to take long before the Seahawks realize they aren't playing in their pansy division or in their home stadium today. They will get a rude welcome to the NFC East today, that's for damn sure!

I think we have a good chance tonight, but let's not completely downplay the Seahawks' success at the end of the season. It's not like they were squeezing out 3-point wins against losing teams. To beat anyone in the NFL 58-0 or 50-17 is pretty impressive, and they beat the 49ers 42-13.

I do think it will be interesting to see how Wilson and Griffin III will look on the same field at the same time, although Griffin III is likely still wearing the brace from what I understand.

Playbook went 3-1, Billick, McNabb, and Sharpe all picked Skins. Baldinger, the guy who almost ALWAYS picks us, picked Seattle.

I know of a few big money handicappers that all have huge money on the Skins today. Most guys I've talked to think Seattle is overrated and the wrong team is favored in this game (seattle is favored by 3)

True - I have to say, I really liked Shannon Sharpe's assessment about how the Redskins attack the strengths of the opponent's defenses.

Conversely, I think Baldinger's assessment about how the Seahawks played the "pistol" against SF, and did well so they will be able to stop the Redskins' use of it, is seriously flawed. For starters Kaepernick is no RGIII: yeah, they may use the pistol offense a bit, but Kap is not as smart as RGIII and he's not as well-versed in the nuances of the offenses - they've only been running it for 5 or 6 weeks. Secondly, Frank Gore is no Alfred Morris - scary right? The ability of Mo to see the cutback lanes when LBs overplay the hand off is going to be difference in this game, IMO.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/0ap2000000122229/Playbook-Seahawks-vs-Redskins-preview

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 11:26 AM ----------

I think we have a good chance tonight, but let's not completely downplay the Seahawks' success at the end of the season. It's not like they were squeezing out 3-point wins against losing teams. To beat anyone in the NFL 58-0 or 50-17 is pretty impressive, and they beat the 49ers 42-13.

I do think it will be interesting to see how Wilson and Griffin III will look on the same field at the same time, although Griffin III is likely still wearing the brace from what I understand.

I'll be interested to see if he's not wearing a more flexible brace this game. Word out of practice this week was that he was trying several different braces to give him greater mobility.

True - I have to say, I really liked Shannon Sharpe's assessment about how the Redskins attack the strengths of the opponent's defenses.

Conversely, I think Baldinger's assessment about how the Seahawks played the "pistol" against SF, and did well so they will be able to stop the Redskins' use of it, is seriously flawed. For starters Kaepernick is no RGIII: yeah, they may use the pistol offense a bit, but Kap is not as smart as RGIII and he's not as well-versed in the nuances of the offenses - they've only been running it for 5 or 6 weeks. Secondly, Frank Gore is no Alfred Morris - scary right? The ability of Mo to see the cutback lanes when LBs overplay the hand off is going to be difference in this game, IMO.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/0ap2000000122229/Playbook-Seahawks-vs-Redskins-preview

---------- Post added January-6th-2013 at 11:26 AM ----------

And on the play Baldinger picked, the Offensive Line completely collapsed at the left guard position from what I remember. Yes, they do well in not over pursuing, stacking the line evenly and maintaining their discipline but it wasn't a great example for me.

Although the Seahawks have been exposed to pistol option plays at some points during the season, I don't think you can ever fully prepare for the variety of plays and our execution on them. Ware looked like an idiot last week and was frozen to the spot on numerous occasions.

Although the Seahawks have been exposed to pistol option plays at some points during the season, I don't think you can ever fully prepare for the variety of plays and our execution on them. Ware looked like an idiot last week and was frozen to the spot on numerous occasions.

Yep, to me it is some scheme but mostly execution. On all plays, the defense has to take something away and open themselves up to something else. If we execute on each play, since Griffin is making decisions on the fly, then we should be able to move the ball and put up some points.

Many teams blew out the Cardinals and Bills this season.I know Seattle is a good team (at home) and deserves to be here, but I also know they try to run the score up. The Redskins could have easily put 45 on Dallas Thanksgiving Day and on Cleveland in both their back yards, both their defenses are way better than the Bills and Cards, but they knew they already won and chose to take a knee.

Seattle has not been battle tested period! Not like they are going to be today for sure. Only one game played away from their cradle against a playoff team and they only scored 6 points in that game, that is not battle tested! If Kyle attacks the Seahawks defense and gets out in front by a few scores, they will never catch back up to the Redskins.

It seems as if the majority of the analysts are spending so much time convincing everyone why the Seahawks will win this game without a shout of a doubt. I know deep down inside that these predictions don't have an actual effect on what happens on the field but it's kind of nice to hear someone justify a reason to pick the Redskins to win. I think as fans, we want to hear that this team can win this game but ultimately we don't need someone to tell us that we have a chance. We were 3-6 and looked dead and then were able to rise above everything to win the Division Title.

I will forever believe in this team and even when everything seems in doubt, my faith refuses to relinquish its foundation.

The Skins are the most dynamic offense in the NFL. I have a hard time believing that Seattle is going to find a way to stop it. The only thing that can stop the Skins, is the Skins. Dropped passes and poor execution (see: Steelers game) is the only thing stopping us.

Archived