Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jarvin Jenkins starting to get strenth in leg back?

NoCalMike

Am I the only one noticing that over the past few games he seems to have one or two plays a game that he is totally blowing up the O-line and making a big stop in the backfield? This is exactly what he was doing prior to the injury that got us so excited at the thought of him playing on the D-Line.

It's probably too soon to say he is fully back to that form, but it seems like he is starting to get better every week, and regardless of his production for the remainder of this season, I am hoping that going into next season he can end up being the anchor on the line he was drafted to be, and looked to be headed towards before the injury.

You're not. He is getting better by leaps and bounds. Makes a play or two every week now. Remember, not only overcoming injury, but also playing in the NFL for the first time. He missed all last year and was just learning. He can be something, I think.

I commented about him after the game last week. He had 3 tackles for losses in the 2nd half last week. He's absolutely getting his legs back after a year off.

Also saw Baker blow-up the beagles OL a couple of times today. There seems to be some options on the DL for Haz to use. Good stuff and good drafting by Shanny & Allen...

Am I the only one noticing that over the past few games he seems to have one or two plays a game that he is totally blowing up the O-line and making a big stop in the backfield? This is exactly what he was doing prior to the injury that got us so excited at the thought of him playing on the D-Line.

It's probably too soon to say he is fully back to that form, but it seems like he is starting to get better every week, and regardless of his production for the remainder of this season, I am hoping that going into next season he can end up being the anchor on the line he was drafted to be, and looked to be headed towards before the injury.

I was thinking the same thing myself about Jenkins.He could become a very important cog.Cofield really had a game today on the inside as well as Kerrigan on the outside,despite him being mugged at times.

Yeah I've noticed that as well against the Browns and today against the Eagles. Jenkins is recovering from a tough injury especially when the lower body is a crucial aspect to his position. I think he's starting to come around like the OP has stated and I'm sure next year he's going to be difference maker for the line.

I was thinking the same thing myself about Jenkins.He could become a very important cog.Cofield really had a game today on the inside as well as Kerrigan on the outside,despite him being mugged at times.

Dude..."mugged at times" is being way too kind. Me & my bro-in-law were just discussing this: How can holding not be called xx times against Kerrigan, but they call some crappy holding on the KO return by the Skins? I mean, a hold is a hold. Call it and be freaking consistent...smh...pisses me off every week (or really every NFL game).

Dude..."mugged at times" is being way too kind. Me & my bro-in-law were just discussing this: How can holding not be called xx times against Kerrigan, but they call some crappy holding on the KO return by the Skins? I mean, a hold is a hold. Call it and be freaking consistent...smh...pisses me off every week (or really every NFL game).

I've noticed this in every game. Seems the QB protection in the pocket is at an all time high. If he leaves the pocket, they seem to toss the flag. But if he stays in the pocket, taking your lunch money is fair game. I agree a hold is a hold. Any of those non calls could result in a game changing play. It pisses me off.

well, for this game the reason is Ed Hoculi

I've noticed this in every game. Seems the QB protection in the pocket is at an all time high. If he leaves the pocket, they seem to toss the flag. But if he stays in the pocket, taking your lunch money is fair game. I agree a hold is a hold. Any of those non calls could result in a game changing play. It pisses me off.

I know. I really don't understand it. In the vaGiants game, the OL had his arm under the D Lineman's arm, up his back where you could see his arm up to the DL's neck from behind. RB ran right past him for a TD (I think it was Wilson for the vaGiants running the ball). The DL was immobile and couldn't move left or right because of the hold.

Early in the 1st half today, Cofield had a bee-line to Foles. The OT had him so wrapped up when Cofield went to get away he tried to spin around in a circle but couldn't because he was being held so tight by the OT. No flag of course.

I'm so sick of seeing this every single NFL game. WTF are the rules?

Well I might as well talk about this in here...

I would like to show some love to Evan Royster. It looks like he is starting to bounce back from his injuries as well. He had a run today and actually made the pile go forward. I was impressed.

He is making the most of his few touches, that is not easy to do and props to him.

What I don't get is when the offensive lineman puts his arms up around the neck area of the defensive player, and puts his hand on the back, so it's like the offensive player is turned sideways and holding on for dear life. How is that not a hold? Happened all the time with Orakpo and it's not infrequent with Kerrigan.

Archived