Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What I would LOVE to see for week 17

Rhodus333

I'd love for RG3 and company to come out this week stronger than ever and clinch a playoff spot, then totally disrespect the Cowboys the next week by sitting our starters for a rest and beating them with Cousins and the B squad again. Am I the only one? As much as I consider John Mara enemy number 1, I think this would be an amazing backhanded snub to our old school rivals and a great way to boost morale going into the playoffs, a time when a team's bench begins to step up and become more involved...

:psyche:

Don't think starters would be sat with division on the line.

Might regret saying this, but would rather play Seattle or New York at home than going to Lambeau.

Nothing to regret, those are by far the better options for us. The known enemy we can beat in NY or a rookie QB for a team that doesnt play as well on the road in Seattle. Definitely better alternatives than the reigning MVP in Lambeau. The goal should always be the division, that is just another reason why.

---------- Post added December-19th-2012 at 12:08 AM ----------

I want Seattle in our house opening weekend.

I do too. I want payback for the Gibbs 2 years and also to let RG3 show up fellow rookie Wilson.

5. President Obama at a playoff game.

Well, if Chicago would get their **** together maybe it would happen, a Chicago@Washington game would be tough to pass up, but they've collapsed like a bunch of analogies I could make but I won't because they'd be really insensitive.

What I would love to see is what I've been dreaming of since I first saw the schedule. Winner is in the playoffs, loser stays home, play the game in a driving blizzard. That would be everything I could possibly want in a game to close the season. It's looking like the only thing in question will be the snow. :)

For the record the scenario I was envisioning was one where we win this weekend but Dallas and some other teams lose, making us getting to the playoffs a guarantee. I'd just love for our guys to have a chance to catch their breaths and recover so they arent completely worn out in week 1. They've basically been in a do or die mindset for the last half of the season, I'd hate to see it catch up to them right out of the gate

As much as I'm looking forward to the week 17 matchup, my worry is that if we treat it like the Superbowl and leave everything out on the field, we won't have anything left for the real thing. I honestly don't think we can afford any more injuries if we want to stay competitive, especially not on our depleted defense

That scares me. It's VERY difficult to beat the same team 3 times in a season, especially when the teams are pretty much on the same level.

Me too. I'm having flashbacks to the 1986 season when the Giants beat us three times. I've been seeing alot of this in here this week about wanting to face the Cowboys or Giants in the playoffs. Screw that. I want both of them eliminated. I don't want them to even sniff the playoffs. I want Eli, Romo sits to pee, Cruz and Dez at home on their couches on January 6th and 7th watching quality football. Win the division and let the chips fall as to who we'll face. But we got to actually win the games first.

Archived