Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

SportsGrid: A Raccoon Attacked Alfred Morris And Stole His Sandal When He Attended FAU

brandymac27

http://www.sportsgrid.com/nfl/alfred-morris-raccoon-attack/

Alfred Morris, starting running back for the Washington Redskins, was the team’s sixth round draft pick out of Florida Atlantic this past April. He has rushed for 1,322 and 9 TDs on 4.7 yards per carry so far this season, helping Washington to the league’s No. 1 rushing attack.

In other news, Florida Atlantic has a problem with raccoons, apparently, a problem with which Alfred Morris is all too familiar. Because there was a time when McDonald’s, and then raccoons, and then FEAR.

Via DC Sports Bog:

“‘We just came back from McDonald’s or something,’ he continued. ‘During the summer it’s hard times and they had 49-cent cheeseburgers on Sundays. Anyway, we pulled up and saw a raccoon, and it was daylight so I was like, that thing is rabid.’

Morris got out of the car as the raccoon started moving in his direction.

‘All of a sudden I looked down and it was charging at me,’ Morris said, running in place as he told the story. ‘So I jumped, and when I jumped one of my sandals fell off. He went running past me, stopped and grabbed my sandal. I yelled, ‘He got my sandal!’ and went chasing after him.’

The raccoon tried to run under the car with it, but the sandal got caught on the car’s bumper and fell out of the animal’s mouth. Morris grabbed his footwear, thinking the ordeal was over.

‘We started walking off and he came running after us again,’ Morris laughed. ‘So we started running, but my friend chased [the raccoon] to the end of the parking lot. But when he turned around to come back, the raccoon started chasing him again. That raccoon was having too much fun.’”

Raccoons can be dangerous, sometimes. Luckily there’s a totally weird essay over at Yahoo! on killing raccoons, if you care to check that out. Otherwise, follow Alfred Morris’ lead and run like hell. Shoes on, of course.

OMG :ols:

I'd jump and run too. And I'd have lost that sandal.

Totally irrelevant/selfish question: why don't we seem to run any RB screens this season? I can't recall running many recently. We did run a middle RB screen on the goalline against the Browns this past weekend, but haven't seen much of the traditional screen game. I'd like to see Morris catching some balls and seeing what his running style could do to some corners on the outside.

Ahem... I also have RGIII and Morris in my fantasy final and I could use some double-dip action.

I'd jump and run too. And I'd have lost that sandal.

Totally irrelevant/selfish question: why don't we seem to run any RB screens this season? I can't recall running many recently. We did run a middle RB screen on the goalline against the Browns this past weekend, but haven't seen much of the traditional screen game. I'd like to see Morris catching some balls and seeing what his running style could do to some corners on the outside.

Ahem... I also have RGIII and Morris in my fantasy final and I could use some double-dip action.

Not sure ... we tried a middle screen last week on the goaline of all places.

Why are we not running more QB draws? I don't think we have run more than one or two.

He prob could have smacked the raccoon with one of those bricks McDonalds calls 'cheeseburgers' and gotten his sandal back.

Each day that passes, I start to wonder if we will see Morris on 'Hoarders' in 20 years, being he is so damned frugal/tight/penny pinching, buried in 1991 Mazda parts and cheeseburger wrappings, and hopefully a few Lombardi trophies! ;)

None of our RBs have what I would consider "great" hands. Helu is out best pass catcher and I can imagine that he'll be the 3rd down back next year and add another dimension to our offense.

Not sure ... we tried a middle screen last week on the goaline of all places.

Why are we not running more QB draws? I don't think we have run more than one or two.

Cousins had a QB draw for the 2 point conversion against the Ravens, but he's not the type of QB you want running it all the time. I think they cut back with Griffin because of the pounding he was taking.

Cousins had a QB draw for the 2 point conversion against the Ravens, but he's not the type of QB you want running it all the time. I think they cut back with Griffin because of the pounding he was taking.

I think the poster you quoted meant the delayed hand off, which I personally don't like.

The story was funny, we have some large raccoon in the 757 that roam at night.

Archived