Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Best Trip to Fed Ex Field

dlwredskins

Hail Everyone, Back from the game. Well I am not writing this because it’s my first trip from Los Angeles to Fed Ex Field, but probably the BEST.

Funniest Moment – When we scored our second touchdown and the band started “Hail To the Redskins” one of our fans tapped a Ravens Fan on the shoulder and pointed to the video board and said “hey the words are on the screen if you want to follow along”….I died laughing!

Best Call By A Fan – I went to the game by myself so I found a fellow fan to talk to. Just before the two-point play he said “hey I just got a crazy thought….QB sneak” I said “no, not with Cousins”, he says “they will never expected it”…I still said “NO”…Then wouldn’t you know it…Cousins on the sneak for the two-pointer! The guy was all like “I called it”, I called it”

Best Excitement Moment – Again talking the same Redskins Fan after the two-point play we were practically hugging and high 5ing everyone around…keep in mind I had just met that other fan and I knew nobody in that section but we were all hugging, high fiving like we were all best friends!

Best Crowd Moment – The False starts and Time outs we forces a couple of times when Flaco couldn’t hear!

Scariest Moment – Obviously RG3 getting hurt and the Niles Paul fumble.

My Best Dictator Moment – Just before the over-time kickoff I turn-around to everyone in my section and said “Hey if you are real Redskins fans there is NO way you should be sitting down right now” So we had everyone in Club Level section 306 on their feet for the 3 and out before we got the ball back! After the game to very nice looking blonde women came up to me and said “we were standing with you the whole time”…..To the Guys…I didn’t get phone numbers….I know…I know FAIL…but my girlfriend was at the hotel (she doesn’t like football) so that is my excuse J

So of the 12 times I have flown from LA out to DC to see the Redskins that game ranks as probably the best trip! Overall I’m 9-3 at Fed Ex! I just want to say great time, the stadium was rock’in and it was a blast. So let’s keep it up, hope for a speedy recovery for RG3 and Bring on the Browns!…..HAIL REDSKINS, HAIL VICTORY, BRAVES ON THE WARPATH FIGHT FOR OLD DC…

Glad you had a great trip. I don't know if this one can top the back to back 2005 games (Dallas and New York) or the finale in 2007 (Dallas) but it sure felt loud in there. I was in lower level east end zone and saw the 2-pt conversion from an angle and could not tell immediately if he made it ... (looking straight ahead, I see the visiting sideline)

Haha, I had that entire 2-point conversion conversation with myself in my head when they came out for that play. The QB sneak was the first thought I had when I saw how much they spread the Ravens' D. Then I remembered that Cousins was under center and thought, "No way."

Glad you had a great trip. I don't know if this one can top the back to back 2005 games (Dallas and New York) or the finale in 2007 (Dallas) but it sure felt loud in there. I was in lower level east end zone and saw the 2-pt conversion from an angle and could not tell immediately if he made it ... (looking straight ahead, I see the visiting sideline)

I was at the monday night game vs giants last week, I was also at the 2007 finale vs cowboys.

The monday night game wasn't just loud, 12th man made the place rumble during key downs on defense. Felt a little bit louder than 2007 finale.

The season opener against the Cowboys when we won on the last play when Romo sits to pee's TD pass was called back because they held Orakpo...that was awesome. Our D was on the field most of the 4th quarter and the crowd was trying to drown out the Cowboys the whole time. I was hoarse for 3 days afterwards.

I didn't holler as much Sunday, but this weekend was great too. I had never sat in the lower section of the lower bowl since Spurrier's first game (drubbing by McNabb/Philly). It was incredible. Nobody sat for the entire game except for a few minutes of halftime that ran over about 30 seconds into the third quarter. For every second of the rest of the game, we stood.

The season opener against the Cowboys when we won on the last play when Romo sits to pee's TD pass was called back because they held Orakpo...that was awesome. Our D was on the field most of the 4th quarter and the crowd was trying to drown out the Cowboys the whole time. I was hoarse for 3 days afterwards.

I didn't holler as much Sunday, but this weekend was great too. I had never sat in the lower section of the lower bowl since Spurrier's first game (drubbing by McNabb/Philly). It was incredible. Nobody sat for the entire game except for a few minutes of halftime that ran over about 30 seconds into the third quarter. For every second of the rest of the game, we stood.

I happened to be at that Cowboys game too...we were loud there as well and like you I was hoarse for a few days. I went to the Ravens game saying I planned on losing my voice but I didn't....however I was on my feet every third down, except like a third and short or the few plays in the 3rd quarter where I was not in my seat...I was in that long line trying to get ribs!

Great post! I have only been to 3 home games this year, but they were:

Vikings

Giants

Ravens

I must have done something right in another life! Easily my best experiences at FedEx field! Never heard it as loud as the Giants and Ravens game! Props to everyone that was screaming! HTTR!!

Envy is the worst form of human nature. But man am I envious right now.

Awesomely good read man, with no little humor. Thanks for sharing, and so happy for you had that as your first game experience.

I'm salivating at the thought of how all that is going to be multiplied a hundred fold and then some December 30 when we beat the 'Girls to win the division and finish in double digits for the first time in like forever. It'll be like a playoff atmosphere and then some.

Hail.

My dad and I were at that game and there were these three cowboy fans directly behind us and when Romo sits to pee threw that TD at the end of the game, all you could hear were the screams of cowboy fans and burst bubbles of the skins fans. These guys and me were going back and forth all night long and they thought they had had the last laugh until we saw that yellow flag on the field.........holding on the cowboys, redskins fans erupt and the stadium goes absolutely nuts!! I just turned and said, Oh snap sucks to be you!!

Great post! I have only been to 3 home games this year, but they were:

Vikings

Giants

Ravens

I must have done something right in another life! Easily my best experiences at FedEx field! Never heard it as loud as the Giants and Ravens game! Props to everyone that was screaming! HTTR!!

we should send you to the Browns, Eagles, and Cowboys game just to be safe :)

Awesome that Fed Ex field is starting to turn around. I use to HATE going there because of all of the opposing fans. it may change

My dad and I were at that game and there were these three cowboy fans directly behind us and when Romo sits to pee threw that TD at the end of the game, all you could hear were the screams of cowboy fans and burst bubbles of the skins fans. These guys and me were going back and forth all night long and they thought they had had the last laugh until we saw that yellow flag on the field.........holding on the cowboys, redskins fans erupt and the stadium goes absolutely nuts!! I just turned and said, Oh snap sucks to be you!!

I also 100% called the D.Hall TD at the end of the first half. Not the right thread, but I'm still patting myself on the back for that one.

Archived