Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Dallas game may of just got a little easier. Dez Bryant likely out for season.

mjames

I was playing pickup football about 13 years ago. I was 32. There was a bunch of young guys out there and they wanted to play tackle. My best friend and I wanted to play two hand touch. They chose tackle. Him and I pretty much tried to stay out of the mix of things. There was a kickoff (really a throwoff) and I went downfield. A couple of guys had ahold of the ball carrier and I grabbed his jersey. When I did, he jerked his torso around and I felt something pop. I thought I had jammed my left middle finger. I was trying to pull it back out, but nothing would help. It didn't really hurt at first and I bowed out of the game.

Went back home and it swelled up SO bad. I went to the doctor in the morning. I didn't have health insurance at this time either. The doctor told me I had "jersey finger," but he said it usually happens to the ring finger. Basically what it is is, the tendon that goes from the bottom of you hand to the first crease in your finger is torn. Mine tore along with a piece of bone attached to it. On the X-Ray, he said, "see that little spot there? That's a piece of your bone and it should be up there (at the tip of my finger)" I had to have outpatient surgery. Had to pay out of pocket (they gave me a 33% discount for paying half up front) and I was lucky I had saved up some money. With the surgery, doctor bills and rehab, it cost me about $6,000.

They put a screw in it and reattached it where it's supposed to be. When I put all my fingers straight up on my left hand, the tip of my middle finger goes to the right and it's kind of offset. So when I put my middle finger up at you, I really mean "screw you." And no, it does not set off metal detectors at the airport.

Cool story Hansel. So any insight on Dez's injury or what?

This i agree with.

The Bears are banged up and ageing, not a good combination.

I don't see the Giants winning out. They will definitely drop the games in Atlanta and Baltimore. Believe that. I think we can even win the division with a 9-7 record. With that said, I hope that the Redskins win out. 10-6 BABY!

I don't see the Giants winning out. They will definitely drop the games in Atlanta and Baltimore. Believe that. I think we can even win the division with a 9-7 record. With that said, I hope that the Redskins win out. 10-6 BABY!

ATL is overrated and will probably lose Baltimore has something to play for so hopefully they can win that one.

but..but..Dallas game may of just got a little easier. Dez Bryant likely out for season. Didn't you read the thread title?

Its oddly similar to threads posted on other fan forums about how RG was done for the year... then done for a while... then will miss at least one week.. then to RG is practicing and now to "Skins are idiots if they start RG... he will get killed" etc. etc..

but..but..Dallas game may of just got a little easier. Dez Bryant likely out for season. Didn't you read the thread title?

Hey Rocky!

I actually just found an article relating to Dez's finger. This isn't pretty but it involves the teams personal decision that Jerry Jones asked a DR on Wednesday...

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_should_you_do_if_your_hamster_has_a_broken_finger

Archived