Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

2013 Pro Bowl Voting -- Do it NOW and Do it OFTEN

SonnyandSam

http://www.nfl.com/m/probowl/ballot

OK, the 2013 Pro Bowl voting has been going on for a couple weeks now and none of our Redskins are top vote getters. You're slacking off Redskins Nation!! Get out and vote and vote often. Time to stuff the ballot box like we did a few years ago.

At a minimum, the following Redskins deserve a Pro Bowl berth:

• QB Robert Griffin III
  • RB Alfred Morris
  • OT Trent Williams
  • FB Darrel Young
  • ST Lorenzo Alexander
  • C Will Montgomery

Each of these guys are deserving of being in the Pro Bowl.

Bookmark the voting page and vote often each day. And keep this thread alive so it stays at the top of the Extremeskins page for a reminder to all.

Online voting ends the night of Monday, Dec 17. Fan voting counts for 1/3 of the final vote total.

Hail to the Redskins!

I'm gona' go out on a limb and say there's been far better center play this year than Montgomery's across the NFC. He's been good, but all-star worthy?

Hail.

Pro Football Focus (which rates every play of every player in every game) ranks Monty as the #3 center in the league; #4 in pass blocking and #8 in run blocking. This is not Monty from last year. He has played very well all year and has been a key reason why the offensive line is now one of the better offensive lines in the league. Put aside past year biases and observe the NEW Monty. Clearly, he is better suited for zone blocking than a power attack.

I wasn't going off last year SandS, as I acknowledged his play this year with the 'good.'

Surprised they rank him so high in pass blocking, as I'd have that flipped with his RB. But then different sources rate linemen totally differently. Football Outsiders for instance has them all ranked much lower.

FWIW, as well as the group has played this year (mainly in RB. Their collective pass pro leaves a lot to desired); I put that mainly down to the unique ability of 10 and some great scheming making them all, outside of Trent and possibly Kory; look a whole lot better than they actually are. I still feel to really take this forward we need at least three new O-line, from the center on out the right side.

Hail.

After last year the probowl is dead to me. I would rather our players not lower themselves to the product displayed recently.

I think of it more as recognition of being a top player at their position in the league, and not how the actual game is played. I agree that the Pro Bowl game is a joke to watch and I haven't watched one in a very long time.

---------- Post added December-1st-2012 at 04:11 PM ----------

I wasn't going off last year SandS, as I acknowledged his play this year with the 'good.'

Surprised they rank him so high in pass blocking, as I'd have that flipped with his RB. But then different sources rate linemen totally differently. Football Outsiders for instance has them all ranked much lower.

FWIW, as well as the group has played this year (mainly in RB. Their collective pass pro leaves a lot to desired); I put that mainly down to the unique ability of 10 and some great scheming making them all, outside of Trent and possibly Kory; look a whole lot better than they actually are. I still feel to really take this forward we need at least three new O-line, from the center on out the right side.

Hail.

Remember it is a ranking against other linemen in the league. We may complain about how bad our line looks at times...but it sure has looked much better than any other team in our own division by a long shot. The pigeons and cowgirls are a complete mess and the midgets line is pretty awful, too.

And the QB makes a huge difference in how good an offensive line pass protects. Grossman held onto the ball way too long which actually made the offensive line pass blocking look much worse than it really was; plus all the injuries did not help. And Griffin probably makes them look better because he gets rid of the ball so quickly and his scrambling ability reduces the number of sacks; although the number of hurries would not be affected. Not saying our line does not need to be improved. I just don't think Monty is one of them. Both guards and Polumbus should be improved first; although Chester has looked better this year. But then he was just awful last year. PFF ranks Chester as the #22 guard this year and Steiger as #56.

I think of it more as recognition of being a top player at their position in the league, and not how the actual game is played. I agree that the Pro Bowl game is a joke to watch and I haven't watched one in a very long time.

I hear you on that one. But even the recognition aspect seems a little corny or cheesy if you will. Its a popularity contest and the on-field performances dont always translate to votes the way you would think they should. However I do think it would be nice if RG3, and Morris would get recognized. If they would do us a favor and not be able to attend due to more important matters that would be alright too!

Let's keep voting for our guys to get them some recognition for their great play this season! See the OP for a link to the Pro Bowl voting page.

I'm hearing a lot of talking media heads saying Andrew Luck and Russell Wilson are more deserving as Rookie of the Year than Robert Griffin III. Time to show some love for our guys!

Not interested in the pro bowl anymore. Great that you guys want to vote. I appreciate the work to get our guys in, but the biggest problem I have is the exclusion of the SB players and that so many players bow out to where you have the 4th, 5th or 6th alternate in the game. I, like others would rather see a more in depth skills competition the week after the SB. Make it a weekend long (Friday, Sat, Sun) skills competition aired live. I'd watch it. I used to love the QB competitions, the relays, the kicking competitions, etc.

Honestly, our big 3 should go: RG3, Morris, and Williams. All 3 are arguably top 3 in their position for the NFC.

Also, Garcon, if healthy the whole season would have made it hands down.

Also, if you check NFL.com voting, RG3 is the #2 QB in the NFC in terms of voting right now behind only Aaron Rodgers. and #8 overall on voting. The only QBs ahead of him in voting right now are Manning, Brady, and Rodgers.

To be fair, Luck is 3rd in voting in the QB race for the AFC, behind only Manning and Brady, but Ben Roethlisberger is nipping at his toes and only down by like 15k votes. RG3s closest competitor to his 2nd place finish is Drew Brees. And RG3 is up by 57k votes right now on him. Hats off to our dude.

Link:

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap1000000109982/article/robert-griffin-iii-andrew-luck-among-pro-bowl-vote-leaders

Honestly, our big 3 should go: RG3, Morris, and Williams. All 3 are arguably top 3 in their position for the NFC.

Also, Garcon, if healthy the whole season would have made it hands down.

Also, if you check NFL.com voting, RG3 is the #2 QB in the NFC in terms of voting right now behind only Aaron Rodgers. and #8 overall on voting. The only QBs ahead of him in voting right now are Manning, Brady, and Rodgers.

To be fair, Luck is 3rd in voting in the QB race for the AFC, behind only Manning and Brady, but Ben Roethlisberger is nipping at his toes and only down by like 15k votes. RG3s closest competitor to his 2nd place finish is Drew Brees. And RG3 is up by 57k votes right now on him. Hats off to our dude.

Link:

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/story/0ap1000000109982/article/robert-griffin-iii-andrew-luck-among-pro-bowl-vote-leaders

Luck getting in with those trash numbers he has is a bigger travesty than Vince Young's rookie season pro bowl debut.

Well, maybe not that bad...

Pulling for Morris and Trent also. If Garcon wasn't injured for over half the season he might have got in, but that is all conjecture and what if scenarios at this point. Garcon gets no love on this board, he's a beast. Morris getting in will be tough, Peterson and Lynch are probably locks over him and Doug Martin had those huge games to put him over the top, along with any other RB I probably snubbed by not mentioning. I think Trent should get in, London Fletcher might make it but I'm not sure he deserves it this year although he has been pretty alright for us this year.

Archived