Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Garcon & Meriweather set to return

Hitman21ST

It's for a whole other thread and a whole other topic, but it could well be argued Kyle has held Robert back this year. As great as Robert's been.

Just a personal opinion, but he's a ways away from what I'd want in a HC.

Hail.

I would be willing to bet money if Mike leaves, Kyle takes the job.

Hopefully Garcon won't be doing more harm than good by playing. His presence on the field is huge, though.

Also would love to see if Meriweather somehow makes a difference in the secondary. Was extremely active in the preseason.

This ^^^

Garcon will make a difference even if he's a decoy. I'm also afraid it's too soon and wonder if he should have opted for surgery. I'm going to take it as a sign that the Skins mean business on Sunday.

With the Rooney Rule and the way the NFL loves to punish the Skins these days I don't think the Skins can risk a direct line of succession these days.

Yeah, and we'll be "lucky if we don't lose draft picks" and get our cap space plundered. The Redskins "violated the spirit of the hiring process."

If and when Mike does decide to hang it up as a coach, which I hope is not too soon as I'm hoping he is extended and stays on for a while, I think he should stay on as the GM or in a similar capacity. Bruce is outstanding at the financial/contract side of things, as well as representing the team to the fans. He should continue on in that capacity. But Shanahan has made all the final decisions on which personnel to bring in and players to draft and I've been elated with his decisions overall in that department. I would be very happy to see him stay on and continue to be in charge of our drafts/free agency signings.

Archived