Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fred Davis - Out for the Season - Torn Achilles

soljaofjesus

I hope that at least we can see what Paulsen brings to the table. IF Cooley would be OK to sign as a backup at vet min, then Hooray! and welcome back. But I've liked every thing Paulsen has done so far. He blocks well, catches the ball well and is a tall target. What's not to like??

This sucks!!! We are injury bitten. What in the world!!! Can we have a season with no serious injuries ??

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/10/21/skins-lose-fred-davis-for-the-season/

According to The Washington Post, TE Chris Cooley will be re-signed on Monday!

http://m.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/wp/2012/10/21/chris-cooley-agrees-to-rejoin-redskins-in-wake-of-fred-davis-injury/

;9221967']It looked awful just from his reaction. Very sorry about Davis!!

Not directed at you Tom' date=' but that POS field is to blame.

I saw a video of how they change it from the Jets to Giants and the middle of the field is stationary while the endzones have fieldturf on blocks. They take out the Jets and put in the Giants and vice versa. Alot of seams in the turf in the endzones. It's like putting together a basketball floor. I think EVERY team that has an outdoor stadium should have grass. I know 2 teams play on that field, so it's easier to maintain, but when 2 teams put double the money into a field, they should be able to maintain it for 16 games.

---------- Post added October-22nd-2012 at 12:17 PM ----------

Sign Cooley and Cut Niles Paul...The guy is a bum......What has he done?

Stupid reaction. He's our best player on special teams. Yes he hasn't done much at TE catch wise, but he's an invaluable blocker and gunner on the kicks.

We seem to have the worst luck. First Garcon gets injured in game one, then Orakpo goes down for the year, now we lose Davis too. Why us?

Im asking this very same question! Year after Year we lose Key players to injury? WTH? I mean FD should still be healthy ,but the refs cheated us out of our TD pass on some phantom motion call...Um why was that flag thrown after the TD if it was infact a motion call?

Im asking this very same question! Year after Year we lose Key players to injury? WTH? I mean FD should still be healthy ,but the refs cheated us out of our TD pass on some phantom motion call...Um why was that flag thrown after the TD if it was infact a motion call?

Every team has injuries. The Giants had nothing but backups in the secondary last year. The Packers had like 10 guys on IR when they won it all.

Every team has injuries. The Giants had nothing but backups in the secondary last year. The Packers had like 10 guys on IR when they won it all.

None season ending...None to there star players ? Now if you say Driver,Jennings,Clay Matt, ect. All got injured for the year then I would see your point,but for now I just don't get what you're trying say!

None season ending...None to there star players ? Now if you say Driver,Jennings,Clay Matt, ect. All got injured for the year then I would see your point,but for now I just don't get what you're trying say!

I agree, Big misnomer about the Packers and Giants injuries the last 2 SB seasons. Most of the injuries to the Packers were no star or depth players. Most of the Giants injuries were to 1 LBer and their secondary. I'd like to see Matthews, Raji, Finley, Jennings and their RT out for the year and see how far they get. Or the Giants lose Osi, Tuck, Hicks, Bennett and Kiwi for a the season and see how far they go. I mean, I never want to use injuries as an excuse, but the number of "key" players we've lost is unreal.

Snyder needs the Jewish version of an exorcism. There wasn't even a violent collision there.

This made me laugh. We have a serious case of bad mojo going. Fred Davis is only the latest in a string of devastating losses. He had become one of the key cogs in the offense with Garcon hurt. We need to find a way to break this hex!

Let's see, you make this post with absolutely no football talk or no basis for why you want him cut other than he's a "bum," in your opionion...

Sign Cooley and Cut Niles Paul...The guy is a bum......What has he done?

Then I come back and say your "post" was stupid (not attacking the poster, attacking the post) and actually interjected some football talk into it, all the while explaining why I think he's not a bum and what he brings to the team....

Stupid reaction. He's our best player on special teams. Yes he hasn't done much at TE catch wise, but he's an invaluable blocker and gunner on the kicks.

Then you blame me for a personal attack. I see where other people share your view about Niles Paul, but unlike your post, they actually took the time to explain why they want him cut. Nice try, but no dice.

Stupid because you don't agree.... Try talking football and not attacking...Others do agree

The big question I have is what will this do for him next offseason. He's a FA who needed to use this year to prove he was worthy of a long term deal.

I think he'll be back. The team is on the upswing with a QB he has a good relationship with on and off the field. I would imagine a short term team to prove he can play

Archived