Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Yahoo News (AP): Congressman calls evolution lie from 'pit of hell'

Jumbo

I thought we were talking about denying evolution, something that is like claiming that the moon is made of cheese.

I'm gonna start quoting Tony Robbins next.:pfft:

So that should be in the litmus test?....or are you still asking how to change a inflexible mind?

I'm gonna start quoting Tony Robbins next.:pfft:

So that should be in the litmus test?....or are you still asking how to change a inflexible mind?

Im afraid i do not know what you are talking about. A person's position on evolution does provide some information about that person... and all minds are flexible to a degree

---------- Post added October-7th-2012 at 04:10 PM ----------

Actually not, we've walked on one, the other is an agreed upon theory based on several areas of established science, but is far from entirely settled.

We walked on the surface of the moon. The moon cheese could begin a few yards under the surface. So yes you are right lack of cheese on the moon is not settled.

---------- Post added October-7th-2012 at 04:08 PM ----------

Actually not, we've walked on one, the other is an agreed upon theory based on several areas of established science, but is far from entirely settled.

We walked on the surface of the moon. The moon cheese could begin a few yards under the surface. So yes you are right lack of cheese on the moon is not settled.

Really? I just watched the game on a tropical island, they really don't care. Moss TD really got my hopes up. I was excited for the KC1 controversy.

I'm in Eastern Ketucky so I get to see Begals, Pitt, or Cleveland. :doh:

---------- Post added October-7th-2012 at 04:15 PM ----------

Mhmm k.

Oh I'm not quitting and if Cousins is being hailed as savior then surely we're doomed!

No RG3 was being hailed as the savior.

And how can you make the argument that Eastern Kentucky is a more out of the element zone than the one I'm in. :ols: If I look out my back door, the closest land I'd see if possible is Venezuela. :ols: I'm over a 1,000 miles from Florida/North America. :ols:

You're a state away or so.

Let's be clear, it isn't JUST evolution. Its embrology too (which is EVEN more settled). And his reasons for rejecting them aren't really related to science, but just because he chooses to.

Now, I have and will defend the right of people to say I don't believe X science because I choose to not do so.

HOWEVER, when you reject large swaths of the biology (and who knows what areas of physics, astronomy, and other science), I COMPLETELY support this guy shouldn't be making decisions with respect to science in the government.

This guy does NOT hold minority scientific views. This guy holds views that are completely independent from science (i.e. science does not influence his decision on them at all), and then BECAUSE of those views has decided the science is wrong AND EVIL (i.e. from hell).

. A person's position on evolution does provide some information about that person... and all minds are flexible to a degree

Certainly a persons positions do, though in his case I would not be certain of flexibility to any measurable degree.(which to me is a bigger red flag than a position on evolution)

Let's be clear, it isn't JUST evolution. Its embrology too (which is EVEN more settled). And his reasons for rejecting them aren't really related to science, but just because he chooses to.

Now, I have and will defend the right of people to say I don't believe X science because I choose to not do so.

HOWEVER, when you reject large swaths of the biology (and who knows what areas of physics, astronomy, and other science), I COMPLETELY support this guy shouldn't be making decisions with respect to science in the government.

This guy does NOT hold minority scientific views. This guy holds views that are completely independent from science (i.e. science does not influence his decision on them at all), and then BECAUSE of those views has decided the science is wrong AND EVIL (i.e. from hell).

This guy is ignorant and because of the job and position he holds, dangerous as well.

No RG3 was being hailed as the savior.

oh well that I can accept. :D

And how can you make the argument that Eastern Kentucky is a more out of the element zone than the one I'm in. :ols: If I look out my back door, the closest land I'd see if possible is Venezuela. :ols: I'm over a 1,000 miles from Florida/North America. :ols:

You're a state away or so.

Maybe they don't count the ocean. :whoknows:

This guy is ignorant and because of the job and position he holds, dangerous as well.

I agree politicians are dangerous:evilg: ,especially ones without the capacity to entertain different views...ignorant doesn't really fit since he certainly should have enough education to make a informed decision.

Peter described his problem well

From the intro to his Wikipedia entry ...

Paul Collins Broun, Jr. (born May 14, 1946)[2] is the U.S. Representative for Georgia's 10th congressional district, serving since 2007. He is a member of the Republican Party and the Tea Party Caucus, and a confirmed idiot.

I agree politicians are dangerous:evilg: ,especially ones without the capacity to entertain different views...ignorant doesn't really fit since he certainly should have enough education to make a informed decision.

Peter described his problem well

Ignorant because he knows that the earth is older than 9,000 years and that evolution is real, yet chooses to ignore it to back up his faith.

Clearly, religion has had a terrible effect on a mind that once was capable of earning a medical degree and practicing medicine.

Do you think his friends and family wished he'd turned to crack or meth instead?

So, he held these views before he was appointed to the science, space and technology committee? Who did that?

If he's a man of science, why haven't his fellow republicans stoned him to death or decapitated him Taliban-style?

Kamifloged, he is probably a mole....he ain't even burned a Koran yet

Probably a under cover agent of the ACLU

---------- Post added October-7th-2012 at 05:31 PM ----------

Clearly, religion has had a terrible effect on a mind that once was capable of earning a medical degree and practicing medicine.

Do you think his friends and family wished he'd turned to crack or meth instead?

Maybe he multi tasks with his BS in Chemistry?

Archived