Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Martin O'Malley: "Yes We Can Blame the GOP for Unemployment" More jobs were created in the private sector alone then in all 8 years under George W. Bush

HeluCopter29

You can say there are more jobs now than ever all day... good luck with that.

this last year has gotten anemic and housing is going down again. From the Washington Post:

(Unemployment chart)

If you read the article in the OP it explains how we've been struggling mostly because of a lack of growth in the public sector. Something the GOP opposes to let grow.

How can you expect the President to get any work done when the Republicans attemp to block everything he does, simply for the sake of?

I'd like to see Obama with a Dem run House so he can actually get some stuff done this term. That part is on the American people to get out there and vote the GOP out of power.

Yes, it's the GOP fault as all they have done is get in the way of progress. No real ideas or solutions, just get in the way and stop the president's agenda.

I'd like to see Obama with a Dem run House so he can actually get some stuff done this term.

Just pointing out the pesky fact that Obama had that, for his first two years in office.

Yes, the Republicans obstructed things. Successfully, and at unprecedented levels. Not saying that they don't deserve full credit for what they did.

Just pointing out that a Dem Congress isn't exactly a guarantee for prosperity, either.

Just pointing out the pesky fact that Obama had that, for his first two years in office.

Yes, the Republicans obstructed things. Successfully, and at unprecedented levels. Not saying that they don't deserve full credit for what they did.

Just pointing out that a Dem Congress isn't exactly a guarantee for prosperity, either.

certainly not a guarantee, but then we (I) could point full blame at the president for failed policies, and not point the finger at the human speed bump that is the GOP these past two years.

So, your point is that having the same number of jobs as we had on '05 is a good economy?

Heck, you should love this economy, then.

Let me know when we get 05 private employment level and the same participation rate.

Let me know when we get 05 private employment level and the same participation rate.

Ah, moving the goal posts, again.

I'm shocked.

Your previous post, the one I responded to, seemed to be trying to claim that if the total number of government jobs were the same as they were in 05, then, well, government employment can't possibly be dragging the economy down.

(I say seemed to be trying to claim since, as usual when you're trying to make a claim that you know isn't true, you don't even say what your point is, but instead simply throw out something off topic that doesn't make any sense.)

But what do you know. Point out that, using the same standard that you want to use for government employment, then the entire economy is just peechy keen, right now?

Suddenly the same yardstick you wanted to use, a few minutes ago, isn't good enough for this other one.

Not that you're cherry picking which measurement you use, to fit your agenda, or anything.

---------- Post added September-3rd-2012 at 07:16 PM ----------

So were saying the private sector is fine because were better now than the worst depression in 100 years?

You got a mouse in your pocket?

Cause so far, the only "we" I see making that idiotic claim, is "you".

I think you just said the economy was good.....

good for public employees....the ones you complain about

the little issue of deficit spending to retain them should give you a clue as to the state of the economy.

---------- Post added September-3rd-2012 at 07:53 PM ----------

[/color]

[/color]

You got a mouse in your pocket?

Cause so far, the only "we" I see making that idiotic claim, is "you".

The Headline says "Re: Martin O'Malley: "Yes We Can Blame the GOP for Unemployment" More jobs were created in the private sector alone then in all 8 years under George W. Bush"

And the chart used excludes the first year (and the end of the worst recession in 100 years) that ended in June 2009.

so i guess your right i assumed the "we" thats in the Topic's headline included me.

The Headline says "Re: Martin O'Malley: "Yes We Can Blame the GOP for Unemployment" More jobs were created in the private sector alone then in all 8 years under George W. Bush"

And the chart used excludes the first year (and the end of the worst recession in 100 years) that ended in June 2009.

so i guess your right i assumed the "we" thats in the Topic's headline included me.

Ah. So "we" means that you figured that the OP was saying " the private sector is fine because were better now than the worst depression in 100 years"?

Could you quote me the part where he said that?

more jobs were created in the private sector alone then in all 8 years under George Bush.

But the Bush years all went up also until 2007, 2008, they skip 2009 and start up in 2010...(thats comparing to the worst recession in 100 yearss) right?

we keep gaining people, but losing participants: back to 1985 levels...

Employment-Population-Ratio-2.png

Conservatives should love that fact, shouldn't they?

Real conservatives wanted to downsize then, surely you remember the days when Dems moaned about the high unemployment,deficits and the daily body counts?

and Yes Larry, political agendas do factor into positions when discussing politics

figured that out did you?

more jobs were created in the private sector alone then in all 8 years under George Bush.

But the Bush years all went up also until 2007, 2008, they skip 2009 and start up in 2010...(thats comparing to the worst recession in 100 yearss) right?

we keep gaining people, but losing participants: back to 1985 levels...

http://theeconomiccollapseblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/Employment-Population-Ratio-2.png

W lost private sector jobs, over the span of his 8-year term of office.

Let me repeat that: There were 1.3M fewer private sector jobs, when W left office, than there were when he came in.

And, from the time W left office, till now, 1.1M private sector jobs have been gained.

Repeating: "private sector jobs created in all 8 years under W" is a negative number.

Archived