Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Start Time of 8/29 Bucs Preseason game changed from 7:30 to 7:00

E33Green

Per email from Redskins:

Dear Redskins Fans,

Kickoff time for the preseason game between the Washington Redskins and Tampa Bay Buccaneers at FedExField on Wednesday, Aug. 29 has been changed. Kickoff is now scheduled for 7 p.m. EST. Parking lots will open up at 3 PM EST and Gates will open at 5 PM EST. Please adjust your travel plans accordingly.

If you have not purchased your tickets to the game a limited number of General Admission tickets, including Lower Level, are available for the Redskins vs. Buccaneers game on Wednesday, August 29th. Ticket prices start at $64 (plus tax). If you are interested in purchasing tickets for the Redskins vs. Buccaneers game at face value, please click here.

Due to the limited number of tickets, we expect they will be sold out quickly. For more information and to purchase Green B3 parking, contact the Redskins Ticket Office at 301-276-6050.

The Washington Redskins | 1600 FedEx Way | Landover, MD 20785

I have a feeling that game will be as worthless a preseason game as ever existed. The Wednesday kickoff is weird... Only gives them a few days rest between Colts and Bucs. Also gives them an opportunity to rest guys for almost a full two weeks before the Saints.

I think the Redskins will take Saturday as a dress rehearsal-- I see them playing hard and playing starters deep into the game. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them open the playbook a bit more. Then, I think they will totally punt the Bucs game-- maybe a courtesy series or two for some starters. But we will mostly see guys on Wednesday who won't be on the team by Friday

I have a feeling that game will be as worthless a preseason game as ever existed. The Wednesday kickoff is weird... Only gives them a few days rest between Colts and Bucs. Also gives them an opportunity to rest guys for almost a full two weeks before the Saints.

I think the Redskins will take Saturday as a dress rehearsal-- I see them playing hard and playing starters deep into the game. I also wouldn't be surprised to see them open the playbook a bit more. Then, I think they will totally punt the Bucs game-- maybe a courtesy series or two for some starters. But we will mostly see guys on Wednesday who won't be on the team by Friday

yeah, plus we play them in tampa in week 4. so we wont want to use plays that we will want to use in 4 weeks

Totally agree, but I always enjoy seeing the scrubs fight it out for those last few roster spots. Lets not forget, seemingly meaningless moments like this in the preseason have changed NFL History:

http://drewrosten.blogspot.com/2011/08/nfl-preseason-history-what-if-terrell.html

Edit: Here's the video of TD's hit:

this probably should have been the 4pm game... :ols:... otherwise, i'm not missing a Redskins game for anybody. I don't care how worthless it may appear. :)

---------- Post added August-22nd-2012 at 02:50 PM ----------

Totally agree, but I always enjoy seeing the scrubs fight it out for those last few roster spots. Lets not forget, seemingly meaningless moments like this in the preseason have changed NFL History:

http://drewrosten.blogspot.com/2011/08/nfl-preseason-history-what-if-terrell.html

Edit: Here's the video of TD's hit:

this is going to be the game for guys like Morris, Baker, Briscoe, Robinson...etc to shine. still worth watching for me. :)

It's been reported a couple of different times that the starters will play the first half plus one series in the third preseason game and none in the fourth preseason game. Apparently that's the way Coach Shanahan always does it, although I guess I never really paid close enough attention to notice that.

I'll be there. The starters not playing does not make this game meaningless to me. There's quite a bit of competition for roster spots.

The commute to the game will be a little more annoying now, but at least it'll end sooner, which will make it a little easier to get up for work the next day.

It's been reported a couple of different times that the starters will play the first half plus one series in the third preseason game and none in the fourth preseason game. Apparently that's the way Coach Shanahan always does it, although I guess I never really paid close enough attention to notice that.

I'll be there. The starters not playing does not make this game meaningless to me. There's quite a bit of competition for roster spots.

The commute to the game will be a little more annoying now, but at least it'll end sooner, which will make it a little easier to get up for work the next day.

Most teams do this now.. there's no reason to increase risk of injury to your starters.. plus it allows the staff to fully evaluate the bubble guys as they gear up for final cuts. I fully expect ALL the starters to walk around with baseball caps that day.

Most teams do this now.. there's no reason to increase risk of injury to your starters.. plus it allows the staff to fully evaluate the bubble guys as they gear up for final cuts. I fully expect ALL the starters to walk around with baseball caps that day.

I sincerely hope that Cedric Griffin is NOT walking about with a baseball cap.

They try hard to avoid repeat match ups from the preseason to regular season but it doesn't always work out. You never play a division opponent of course and they try to limit same conference match ups-- especially when they meet in the regular season. But sometimes they have to make exceptions-- our game with Tampa is one of those exceptions.

---------- Post added August-23rd-2012 at 11:41 AM ----------

The Eagles do it also (Browns this weekend and again during the year). I don't think it's as rare as you think it is.

That caused a little stir actualy considering those teams play each other week one. It has happened before, but very rarely.

Yep I agree, game four has been pretty clear. I hadn't noticed that apparently Shanahan has a very specific plan for the starters in the first three pre-season games that he has stayed with year after year. Twelve to twenty plays in the first game. The starters are done at the end of the series once 12 plays have been run. Second game, the starters play the first half. Third game, first half plus one series in the second half. I'll pay attention next year to see if they stick with it. The spotlight was on it this year because of Robert Griffin III.

Archived