Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Sights set on Brazil: which event are you more excited for? (poll)

Sticksboi05

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Did you visit Rio

Rio is very nice, and I think they'll do fine as a host city. I read an article a few months ago about the cleanup leading to the games. Rio has had a previous reputation as a city laden with crime (when you go to the banks there, they all have security guards at the front, and a glass lobby before you can get inside), and they really are cleaning up the city to prepare for the games.

It's funny that they wait to do that when a huge international event is being planned. My wife is from Peru and we were there in 2007 and they were having a summit of some sorts the following year, so at the time that we were there, they were painting buildings, getting rid of graffiti, paving roads, etc.,etc. It's like, why don't you do this all the time?

Olympic Golf!

Olympic Rugby!

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 06:40 PM ----------

I think i am going to one of them but not sure which one just yet lol

Women's Olympic Beach volleyball on the beaches of Rio. When you are done with that, take a walk on the beach.

161.jpg

---------- Post added August-13th-2012 at 09:22 PM ----------

And now the video every US fan remains pissed about. To this day I still say if I was one of the players I would have punched the ref right in the face. They knew what happened and didn't call it.

Notice Germany has been cursed ever since this game. They will be until the debt is repaid. You can't screw the team of destiny. Just like we couldn't beat the tsunami driven Japanese team. They screwed the 9/11 driven team. Now their cursed.

Both are going to be crazy. That being said it has to be the World Cup. Brazil has not won in since 02, which is considered a drought to them. There will be a lot of hype with the Brazil team and especially Neymar. Also the Spain team, which has won the past three major competitions, 08 Euros, 10 World Cup, 12 Euros. People are going to want to see if this Spain team can solidify themselves as the best team ever by going into Brazil, the county with the most world cup championships, and win it.

Archived