Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

3 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

****ING **** NO.  The CBO did not PROJECT the enrollee totals, they are counted and announced by the government.

Serious question- Where does the 22 mill number come from?  If only 11 mill signed up under the exchanges (and Im assuming they are the first 11 mill that will lose coverage) who are the other 11 mill?

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

The GOP didnt want it then.  They dont want it now.  They are offering a terrible plan to do something else.

How would you have them cooperate given those existing parameters?

Nope.  Let it die on the vine.  Then have a real debate on how to address the healthcare crisis in the US.

Personally, I'd rather see, at a minimum, real bipartisan short term fixes including address items you've brought up such as the cost of health care. However, when one part is in charge of the government, it's a dishonest sell to let Obamacare fail then blame the Democrats. Not that dishonesty is a big deal to some these days. 

5 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

ABQ-bot is functioning optimally.  The "I believe/I feel" software upgrade is especially effective.

Thank you Beal!  It's always nice to be recognized for one's efforts and I especially appreciate when you take notice.

Your a good man!

:cheers:

1 minute ago, Kilmer17 said:

Serious question- Where does the 22 mill number come from?  If only 11 mill signed up under the exchanges (and Im assuming they are the first 11 mill that will lose coverage) who are the other 11 mill?

Short answer:  Medicaid recipients.

Just now, Hersh said:

Personally, I'd rather see, at a minimum, real bipartisan short term fixes including address items you've brought up such as the cost of health care. However, when one part is in charge of the government, it's a dishonest sell to let Obamacare fail then blame the Democrats. Not that dishonesty is a big deal to some these days. 

I agree it would be dishonest.  That's why I'm specific when I speak of it in terms of a POLITICAL move.

I also dont think short term fixes solve anything beyond the next few years.  By allowing it to die (regardless of where the blame falls) it creates an urgent and real need for real reform and actually address the issue.

Just now, Hersh said:

But the passing of Obamacare was one sided and dishonest as well.  I mean, I don't disagree with your statement, necessarily, but what you say is also true about the original passing of the ACA in the first place.

1 minute ago, ABQCOWBOY said:

Thank you Beal!  It's always nice to be recognized for one's efforts and I especially appreciate when you take notice.

Your a good man!

:cheers:

However, the bot's grammar check functionality does need a tweak.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Short answer:  Medicaid recipients.

The right said earlier that Medicaid recipients would not have major cuts.  Now, is this true?  I don't know but, that's what was said earlier.

1 minute ago, Dan T. said:

I think it's perfect!

2 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I also dont think short term fixes solve anything beyond the next few years.  By allowing it to die (regardless of where the blame falls) it creates an urgent and real need for real reform and actually address the issue.

So basically just like things were from say 1990 through 2010?

3 minutes ago, Dan T. said:

That the Hannity3000 realism program.  Actual human Repubs are notoriously bad at your/you're and there/their/they're grammatical protocols.

Again...functioning optimally.

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

That the Hannity3000 realism program.  Actual human Repubs are notoriously bad at your/you're and there/their/they're grammatical protocols.

Again...functioning optimally.

Are you saying the Insurance is a Human Right?

18 minutes ago, Hersh said:

Obamacare would not be failing on it's own if there was any co-operation from the GOP.  

Got to admire people that don't want to trust the CBO but will trust Donald "the biggest ****ing liar as POTUS ever" Trump. 

You give me too much credit.  I never said I trusted Donald Trump.  Those are your words.  For the record, this healthcare bill, whichever version you want to discuss, is not his.   Honestly, other then the tweets and the promise of repeal, this really has very little to do with Trump, at this point.

Now, if you are referring to some other point, I am happy to discuss. 

BTW, good to see you Hersh.

2 minutes ago, TryTheBeal! said:

No.  An actual debate cannot begin from where that debate began or where Obamacare began.  Neither of them begin by addressing the reasons we have a health care crisis.  They only try and figure out what the Govt can do to make insurance plans attempt work within the crisis.

4 minutes ago, ABQCOWBOY said:

Are you saying the Insurance is a Human Right?

You give me too much credit.  I never said I trusted Donald Trump.  Those are your words.  For the record, this healthcare bill, whichever version you want to discuss, is not his.   Honestly, other then the tweets and the promise of repeal, this really has very little to do with Trump, at this point.

Now, if you are referring to some other point, I am happy to discuss. 

BTW, good to see you Hersh.

Trump had a huge celebration with the House GOP. He is very much a part of selling it which makes it his. If he doesn't want to be more heavily involved, that's on him. 

Anyway, I don't have time for this entire discussion so I'm bowing out. Have a good rest of the day. 

1 minute ago, Hersh said:

Trump had a huge celebration with the House GOP. He is very much a part of selling it which makes it his. If he doesn't want to be more heavily involved, that's on him. 

Anyway, I don't have time for this entire discussion so I'm bowing out. Have a good rest of the day. 

Honestly Hersh, I am not convinced that he is.  I mean, I could have a party over the Healthcare Bill but that doesn't mean I did anything.  I truly believe that Trump probably doesn't have a lot of sway over House and Senate Republicans.  They are almost as much against him as the Dems are.  Seriously, I believe that. 

You too Hersh, see you next time.

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Is a link and a picture "walking you through this stuff?"  Do you know what those words mean?  

So you are not done then?

Very well, answer the question I asked you earlier.  If the new score that will be released in the next couple of weeks reflects more favorably on this new Healthcare Bill, will you defend it as strongly?

Watched the GOP presser on the treadmill about an hour ago. Came out....muttered something about not voting this week until they have 50. Not a word about why their plan isn't even average. Then found their voices to whine about the ACA. You have elected officials who will say confidently that this plan is better than the ACA. Then unable to provide any examples they are willing to admit out loud.

Just now, @SkinsGoldPants said:

Watched the GOP presser on the treadmill about an hour ago. Came out....muttered something about not voting this week until they have 50. Not a word about why their plan isn't even average. Then found their voices to whine about the ACA. You have elected officials who will say confidently that this plan is better than the ACA. Then unable to provide any examples they are willing to admit out loud.

I dont get it at all.

It doesnt help them politically.  And it makes things even worse then they are under Obamacare.

I understand some want to enact it just as an FU to Obama, but seriously.

Just now, Kilmer17 said:

I dont get it at all.

It doesnt help them politically.  And it makes things even worse then they are under Obamacare.

Fiscally, it helps a lot I think.  Now, is the actual service better or does the process work better, that I can't say is the case.  JMO

3 minutes ago, ABQCOWBOY said:

So you are not done then?

Very well, answer the question I asked you earlier.  If the new score that will be released in the next couple of weeks reflects more favorably on this new Healthcare Bill, will you defend it as strongly?

I did not say "I'm done with the thread."  I very clearly said "I'm done walking you through this."  I'm not leaving a somewhat interesting topic on account of your silliness.

And if the CBO comes out in a few weeks and says something different, I will just as strongly rely on that version of the report.  

Just now, ABQCOWBOY said:

Fiscally, it helps a lot I think.  Now, is the actual service better or does the process work better, that I can't say is the case.  JMO

Fiscally it is only better than what Obamacare WOULD be.  It's STILL a major expense for people and the Govt.

3 minutes ago, Kilmer17 said:

I dont get it at all.

At this point they have to do something. If nothing is done and the ACA does collapse. It'll be tagged as sabotage by them. So, they didn't repeal and they didn't replace. 

Like others have said here including myself. The drunk driver can try to blame the car for the wreck. But most folks will call bull**** on that. 

Edited by @SkinsGoldPants