Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

When I did the quote thing before starting enrolling it gave me a very different price as well

why would my premium be higher thru ACA for similar policy?

fwis it would be cheaper to buy mine outside it and pay the fine.....and lower out of pocket on the policy

Care First Healthy Blue PPO $ 1500 deductible plan, a DC health exchange, has a plan that covers elective abortions but not hearing aids.

https://www.dchealthlink.com/sites/default/files/download/health-plans/care-first/DC_HealthyBluePPO1500_CFBC.pdf

page 6

Sad....we won't help you have a kid (infertility treatments) but we will help you kill it! SMH........

fwis it would be cheaper to buy mine outside it and pay the fine.....and lower out of pocket on the policy

The ONLY reason I can see for using the exchange is if your current policy wont pay for a pre existing condition, and that condition costs you a bundle each year.

There have always been cheap insurance policies with poor coverage, they just blocked you on the prenup.

Remember when Obama apologized about lying for years that "you can keep your old plan" even though he knew you can't? It seems many more apologies are forthcoming, now that it is about to become clear that the Affordable Care Act had an epic, if very unfortunate, typo in the first word.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-20/here-come-even-higher-insurance-premiums

Guess it would be silly of me to ask if you can support that claim.

That he lied and knew?

The lie is easy....I can't prove what he knew w/o better access

,I can show he clearly should have known and that his people did know.

add

it is possible he did not lie if he is clueless or was simply reading the lies off his teleprompter....not outside the real of possibilities I suppose.

it is possible he does not even exist according to science  ;)

Edited by twa

Because I don't think it's a terrible law.

96% of American businesses have fewer than 50 employees—so they're not affected by ACA. 

90% of the companies of the remaining 4% of companies ALREADY offer health insurance. Sure they may face higher premiums, but rising premiums have been a mainstay for these companies already. 

So, you're left with 3% of American companies who are in that gray area where they are, possibly, negatively impacted. 

May face rising premiums? I work for one of the remaining 4%. Our insurance went up 12%, plus the $5.25/month "fee" we get to pay for every covered individual. I know it "isn't much" when broken down by paycheck, but when you are living on one salary in NOVA, an extra $775+/year is a significant amount. Rising premiums have been a mainstay, but never at double digit percentages. Usually it comes in under 5%/year.  With the funding fee, my insurance went up 15%.

That he lied and knew?

The lie is easy....I can't prove what he knew w/o better access

,I can show he clearly should have known and that his people did know.

add

it is possible he did not lie if he is clueless or was simply reading the lies off his teleprompter....not outside the real of possibilities I suppose.

it is possible he does not even exist according to science  ;)

Funny, I see three claims you made.

1) That Obama "lied for years".

2) That he "knew you can't" [keep your insurance].

3)  And that he has apologized, and admitted #1 and #2.

And, frankly, you can't back up any of them.

For example, I would love to see you show me where Obama promised that insurance companies wouldn't cancel insurance policies.  Really?  He promised that he was going to force insurance companies to keep offering you insurance, even if they didn't want to? 

For example, I would love to see you show me where Obama promised that insurance companies wouldn't cancel insurance policies.  Really?  He promised that he was going to force insurance companies to keep offering you insurance, even if they didn't want to? 

Funny 

#1 is true,unless you subscribe to him being clueless or a simulation ect,in which case his staff is fully to blame for spreading lies.....under the bus with them.

#2  I said he SHOULD have known.....anyone with half a brain knew the rules and requirements would force policies to be canceled(which includes members of his cabinet AND the Justice dept)

#3  that was a quote from the link, but certainly more factual than the oft repeated promise you could keep your plan. :lol:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/07/politics/obama-obamacare-apology/index.html

for such a reputed great communicator he really sucks at saying what he really meant  :rolleyes:

1) http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2013/11/11/fact-check-keeping-your-health-plan/3500187/

President Obama, Aug. 15, 2009: At the same time — I just want to be completely clear about this; I keep on saying this but somehow folks aren't listening — if you like your health care plan, you keep your health care plan. Nobody is going to force you to leave your health care plan. 

2) http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2013/10/28/affordable-care-act-cancellations/3293001/

NBC alleges the administration knew that up to 67% of customers on the individual market could have their policies canceled, but instead, President Obama said as recently as in 2012, "If (you) already have health insurance, you will keep your health insurance."

3) http://www.cnn.com/2013/11/07/politics/obama-obamacare-apology/index.html

"I am sorry that they are finding themselves in this situation based on assurances they got from me," he told NBC News in an exclusive interview. "We've got to work hard to make sure that they know we hear them and we are going to do everything we can to deal with folks who find themselves in a tough position as a consequence of this," he added.

Edited by Popeman38

Funny 

#1 is true,unless you subscribe to him being clueless or a simulation ect,in which case his staff is fully to blame for spreading lies.....under the bus with them.

No, it isn't.

Obama never promised that insurance companies would not cancel insurance policies.

And there is nothing in ACA forcing them to do so. In fact, the law stating that any policy which was in effect when ACA went into effect, is immune from the ACA's requirements, is still in effect.

Has the government adopted, through bureaucratic procedure, an excessively narrow definition of what constitutes a "pre-existing insurance", so to speak? I've seen claims of it. And I assume they're true.

But, to get to "Obama lied", you have to maintain that:

1) That Obama promised that "if you like the insurance that you bought, years after I give this speech, then that insurance will be exempt from this law, too".

2) AND that he promised that "And when these regulations go into effect, I personally guarantee that your insurance company won;t cancel your insurance, rather than comply with them".

Obama isn't canceling people's insurance policies, insurance companies are.

The ACA gave those companies three choices:

1) Give people the same insurance they had, before ACA was passed.

2) Or comply with the new minimum standards.

3) Or cancel.

The insurance companies are choosing option 3. Obama isn't.

#2  I said he SHOULD have known.....anyone with half a brain knew the rules and requirements would force policies to be canceled(which includes members of his cabinet AND the Justice dept)

Funny, I don;t see the word "SHOULD" in here:

Remember when Obama apologized about lying for years that "you can keep your old plan" even though he knew you can't?

#3  that was a quote from the link, but certainly more factual than the oft repeated promise you could keep your plan.

Your post contains no link, no quotation marks, and the things you claimed aren't in the link you're providing now.

Strike three, I believe.

President Obama, Aug. 15, 2009: At the same time — I just want to be completely clear about this; I keep on saying this but somehow folks aren't listening — if you like your health care plan, you keep your health care plan. Nobody is going to force you to leave your health care plan. 

completely clear there?

The post you originally responded to has the link,you just choose to ignore it like so many other things...like the next post where I clearly stated I cannot prove what he KNEW....though any idiot could clearly see it was going to result in policies being dropped.

Our gov is awful. Not expanding Medicaid was exceedingly stupid and contrary to what should be conservative ideals, in the name of poking a finger in obamas eye.

But I'm not convinced that Jason is qualified to be gov, or capable of winning

I kinda don't understand how you come to this conclusion.   I mean, in order to expand Medicaid, it had to be funded.  We can't pay for the Medicaid program that exists today.   As a Federal Program, Medicaid is not very efficient.   However, the GOP was and is in favor of making Medicaid a State Run Program.   It's not the GOP who is blocking this. 

The President Promised that Citizens could keep their Dr., their health plan and your hospitals and never made public knowledge of the fact that many would be forced out of all of those things.   In fact, the entire Democratic Party made that promise, which is why you are starting to see a lot of Dems jump ship right now.

You can argue that he never said insurance companies would not cxl plans but the truth of the matter is that the law was written so that insurance companies would have to cxl plans.  

It's foolish to continue on with this narative on how the President didn't promise plans would not be cxld.   This is going to get much worse before it gets better and people are going to get down right ugly over all of this.   You may not have been on the right side of this discussion to begin with but I think it's wise to get on the right side of it now.  This thing is going to mushroom cloud and it's not going to be pretty.

You can argue that he never said insurance companies would not cxl plans but the truth of the matter is that the law was written so that insurance companies would have to cxl plans.

Could you quote me that clause? The one that mandates that insurance companies cancel people's insurance?