Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

What's the problem?

I signed up, created an account and sent a request. Sure there were a couple of hiccups but I'd expect as much. Also, you don't have to sign up to see the rates.

Looks like I could save a whole lot of money compared to my job's insurance if I went with catastrophic coverage only. Seems like comparable plans are about $100 less per month than I'm paying now.

I don't get what the big deal about healthcare.gov is. Bunch of assholes looking for a reason to hate if you ask me.

Edited by SpringfieldSkins

What's the problem?

I signed up, created an account and sent a request. Sure there were a couple of hiccups but I'd expect as much. Also, you don't have to sign up to see the rates.

Looks like I could save a whole lot of money compared to my job's insurance if I went with catastrophic coverage only. Seems like comparable plans are about $100 less per month than I'm paying now.

I don't get what the big deal about healthcare.gov is. Bunch of assholes looking for a reason to hate if you ask me.

What state do you live in?  It makes a difference.

What's the problem?

Lol. If this were widely repeated (and true), this Obama be like

dd1.gif

• Like 1

(Been watchin that gif for waaaayyy too long, lol)...good post, Wrong Direction.  We need to hear the good, too...especially after Fox brought out their fakes on Hanniteabag's show. 

The shame is that even debunked, most of the "Obamacare is Evil" believers will never know that their "news" organization flat out lies, because they're stuck in the bubble. 

especially after Fox brought out their fakes on Hanniteabag's show. 

I haven't read anything about any "fakes". 

(Didn't think they needed any.  I'll point out that I had problems with their web site, and gave up, and I guarantee I'm not fake.) 

You got any support for that claim? 

I haven't read anything about any "fakes". 

(Didn't think they needed any.  I'll point out that I had problems with their web site, and gave up, and I guarantee I'm not fake.) 

You got any support for that claim? 

Oh, skinsmarydu is correct.  All three of those couples on Hannity turned out to be full of crap.

First I spoke with Paul Cox of Leicester, N.C.  He and his wife Michelle had lamented to Hannity that because of Obamacare, they can’t grow their construction business and they have kept their employees below a certain number of hours, so that they are part-timers.

Obamacare has no effect on businesses with 49 employees or less. But in our brief conversation on the phone, Paul revealed that he has only four employees. Why the cutback on his workforce? “Well,” he said, “I haven’t been forced to do so, it’s just that I’ve chosen to do so. I have to deal with increased costs.” What costs? And how, I asked him, is any of it due to Obamacare? There was a long pause, after which he said he’d call me back. He never did....

I asked Allison if she’d shopped on the exchange, to see what a plan might cost under the new law. She said she hadn’t done so because she’d heard the website was not working. Would she try it out when it’s up and running? Perhaps, she said. She told me she has long opposed Obamacare, and that the president should have focused on tort reform as a solution to bringing down the price of healthcare.

I tried an experiment and shopped on the exchange for Allison and Kurt. Assuming they don’t smoke and have a household income too high to be eligible for subsidies, I found that they would be able to get a plan for around $7,600, which would include coverage for their uninsured daughter. This would be about a 60 percent reduction from what they would have to pay on the pre-Obamacare market....

When I spoke to Robbie, he said he and Tina have been paying a little over $800 a month for their plan, about $10,000 a year. And the ACA-compliant policy that will cost 50-75 percent more? They said this information was related to them by their insurance agent.

Had they shopped on the exchange yet, I asked? No, Tina said, nor would they. They oppose Obamacare and want nothing to do with it. Fair enough, but they should know that I found a plan for them for, at most, $3,700 a year, 63 percent less than their current bill.  It might cover things that they don’t need, but so does every insurance policy.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/18/inside_the_fox_news_lie_machine_i_fact_checked_sean_hannity_on_obamacare/

Edited by Predicto

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/22/judge-rule-february-case-could-blow-hole-obamacare/

Judge to rule by February on case that could blow a hole in Obamacare Denies injunction to halt key subsidies under health plan for now

A federal judge said Tuesday he will move quickly to decide by mid-February whether Obamacare insurance portals set up by the federal government can legally dole out tax credits to Americans who enroll in coverage, or if that is a privilege reserved for state-run exchanges.

U.S. District Judge Paul L. Friedman said he would weigh in by Feb. 15, if not sooner, after rejecting an Obama administration appeal to throw out a lawsuit filed by a band of individuals and businesses who claim the extension of subsidies to federally run exchanges in their states will force them to acquire insurance they don’t want or trigger penalties for failing to insureicon1.png their full-time employees.

Edited by Gallen5862

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/oct/22/judge-rule-february-case-could-blow-hole-obamacare/

Judge to rule by February on case that could blow a hole in Obamacare Denies injunction to halt key subsidies under health plan for now

A federal judge said Tuesday he will move quickly to decide by mid-February whether Obamacare insurance portals set up by the federal government can legally dole out tax credits to Americans who enroll in coverage, or if that is a privilege reserved for state-run exchanges.

U.S. District Judge Paul L. Friedman said he would weigh in by Feb. 15, if not sooner, after rejecting an Obama administration appeal to throw out a lawsuit filed by a band of individuals and businesses who claim the extension of subsidies to federally run exchanges in their states will force them to acquire insurance they don’t want or trigger penalties for failing to insureicon1.png their full-time employees.

Careful. If this goes back, with the political climate as it is, a new law will be written up with more than likely a democratically controlled White House, Senate, and House and impending Supreme Court appointments for the next president. 

Careful. If this goes back, with the political climate as it is, a new law will be written up with more than likely a democratically controlled White House, Senate, and House and impending Supreme Court appointments for the next president. 

hope they do better at it than the website designers they picked  :)

there are a number of suits ongoing so ya might get your shot if ya don't screw it up....again

The 2010 law says the tax credits go to help Americans enrolled in exchanges “established by the state.” But about three dozen states declined to create their own exchanges, leaving it to the federal government to step in — and opening up the question of whether residents in those states can still get the subsidies

Edited by Gallen5862

hope they do better at it than the website designers they picked  :)

there are a number of suits ongoing so ya might get your shot if ya don't screw it up....again

Yeah, I can't imagine any new website/system implementation that has issues at go-live. That would be a first. Stupid system. Let's deflect the issue to the tool instead of the actual information that is being implemented.

Goodness, next thing you know there will be complaints about the colors they chose to use on the site. Not red? By gawd, let's sue! Oh, wait. I was for tort reform. Or was I against it? I've forgotten wtf the issue is here....

Yeah, I can't imagine any new website/system implementation that has issues at go-live. That would be a first. Stupid system. Let's deflect the issue to the tool instead of the actual information that is being implemented.

Goodness, next thing you know there will be complaints about the colors they chose to use on the site. Not red? By gawd, let's sue! Oh, wait. I was for tort reform. Or was I against it? I've forgotten wtf the issue is here....

It does seem reasonable, to me, for people to be disappointed with the rollout.

I mean, the law was passed, what, five years ago? It's been delayed, what, twice?

Yeah, no doubt the mission objectives got moved just a bit during that time. But, still. At least some complaining is justified, here.

Potus calls show press conferences and calls in help for minor issues after grossly overspending.

Tort reform against laws?.....U serious?

I asked Mary to support her claim concerning fake people. And it was backed up. Don't suppose you've got anything to back up your claim?

It does seem reasonable, to me, for people to be disappointed with the rollout.

I mean, the law was passed, what, five years ago? It's been delayed, what, twice?

Yeah, no doubt the mission objectives got moved just a bit during that time. But, still. At least some complaining is justified, here.

Yeah, I get the disappointment with the rollout. And I get the complaining.

I've been rolling out systems since the early '80s. If there's things that are consistent in these roll-outs it's: Cost overruns when go-lives dates are immovable, issues at go-live (I've never rolled-out a system to 250-300million people but I'm gonna go out on a limb and guess it's ****ing brutal), and you can't please everyone.

Ever been part of a rollout that shuts down rail transportation on the east coast for many days? I have. It's not fun, but **** happens.

People that want to ****, moan and complain about the poor website need to get the **** over it. There's a reason this **** happens when the lowest bid is accepted to do the work. Let's stick with the issues about ACA.

I asked Mary to support her claim concerning fake people. And it was backed up. Don't suppose you've got anything to back up your claim?

Which one?

called in help

http://www.healthcareitnews.com/news/obama-calls-it-support-ailing-site

website cost?

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/10/15/obamacare-is-a-bit-like-the-astronaut-on-top-of-the-rocket/

no-bid of course

$634 Million and climbing?

http://city-countyobserver.com/2013/10/10/obamacare-website-cost-was-634-million-original-estimate-was-93-7-million/

Why the troubles?....cause they don't want you to see the cost

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog/wp/2013/10/15/obamacare-is-a-bit-like-the-astronaut-on-top-of-the-rocket/

One thing the Obama administration has been really paranoid about is rate shock. When someone like me says there’ll be rate shock they say you have to net out the subsidies. That is a fair point. But I think what happened was when they designed their system they were so paranoid about that that they wanted to make sure people browsing got the lowest price. That required signing in so you could see subsidies. And my theory is that’s why they went to the architecture they did even though the IT systems people wanted to go another way.

Wow. When you cite BLOGS as your source of impervious "facts" then who are we to argue. I'm sure HEALTH IT NEWS is subject to the same journalistic rigors as  the Washington Post. Oh you do use WaPo source, sure it's Ezra Klein's OPinionEditorial column. Then the much heralded City-County Observer ("An Online Community Newspaper Dedicated to the Progress of THIS Region (Evansville, IN)") 

In other hard hitting news, Fairfax, VA welcomes fall: http://www.fairfaxconnection.com/news/2013/oct/17/city-fairfax-welcomes-fall/

Grasping at straws. Got your butts kicked in, um, democratic terms.

Wow. When you cite BLOGS as your source of impervious "facts" then who are we to argue. I'm sure HEALTH IT NEWS is subject to the same journalistic rigors as  the Washington Post. Oh you do use WaPo source, sure it's Ezra Klein's OPinionEditorial column. Then the much heralded City-County Observer ("An Online Community Newspaper Dedicated to the Progress of THIS Region (Evansville, IN)") 

In other hard hitting news, Fairfax, VA welcomes fall: http://www.fairfaxconnection.com/news/2013/oct/17/city-fairfax-welcomes-fall/

You didn't watch the CBS video at the podunk website?....or didn't like that source either? lol

How about the federal govt website? lol

ya'll are so predictable

CNN?

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/22/politics/obamacare-sebelius-interview/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

MSNBC?

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/53347473/#53347473

Huntington Post adds a little positive spin LOL

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jared-bernstein/obamacare-implementation_b_4144946.html

I like this quote:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/22/politics/obamacare-website-problems/index.html

"The President's healthcare sign-up web page was supposed to handle tens of thousands of people at once. But in a trial run days before its launch, just a few hundred users flatlined the site."

But nobody gave Obama a heads up.  :angry:

Edited by chipwhich