Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Obamacare...(new title): GOP DEATH PLAN: Don-Ryan's Express

JMS

Holy crap that's a lot of money.

That's one good thing about being in the military. I may get extremely crappy medical care but I don't pay out the *** for it.

You will be surprised at how decent your medical care was when you get out. Military healthcare isn't nearly as bad as many people think. Not so long as you insist on getting care.

You will be surprised at how decent your medical care was when you get out. Military healthcare isn't nearly as bad as many people think. Not so long as you insist on getting care.

I once had a kidney stone.  At one point through the 4 days of "diagnosis" they told me it was possible I had Lou Gehrig's disease.

I'm not saying they can't save a life but it's not like the best and brightest doctors join the military.

I once had a kidney stone.  At one point through the 4 days of "diagnosis" they told me it was possible I had Lou Gehrig's disease.

I'm not saying they can't save a life but it's not like the best and brightest doctors join the military.

I had a friend who had all of the symptoms of a heart attack. Clammy sweat. Intense crushing pain below the sternum. Radiating to the left shoulder and arm, after a half hour.

I must have spent an hour begging him to go to the hospital. ("I can't pay" "you're having a heart attack. They have to treat you".)

He spent three days in the Cardiac Care Unit.

Kidney stone.

Wow, Larry! Sorry about your friend, and may I be the first to wish doom on your prediction;),and pray we retain our care.

You don't have Obamacare.

Unfortunately Obamacare is here to stay.  Enjoy your future of ever increasing deductibles.

Edited by chipwhich

Anyone smart enough to buy humana, cigma, etc. Stock before Obamacare might wanna sell now, ruling extended 2 days

But here I thought Obamacare was the reason the economy still stinks. And that it was driving insurance companies out of business. And that it's caused health insurance prices to triple.

I bet, when it's repealed, health insurance premiums get cut in half, the Dow will clear 25,000, and employers will hire a million new workers, a month, for the next six months.

• Like 1

Anyone smart enough to buy humana, cigma, etc. Stock before Obamacare might wanna sell now, ruling extended 2 days

Ruling wasn't extended 2 days, they just didn't release it today, which wasn't really surprising. It will be either Thursday or next Monday. My guess is Thursday with gay marriage on Monday. 

Edited by Duckus

But here I thought Obamacare was the reason the economy still stinks. And that it was driving insurance companies out of business. And that it's caused health insurance prices to triple.

Nobody has been preaching  that but you keep pulling BS out of your philly and throwing it around lately.

Nobody has been preaching  that but you keep pulling BS out of your philly and throwing it around lately.

Really? You feel like placing a bet, how many "health insurance premiums (for a particular group) go up by umpty-ump-percent" posts I can find, in this thread?

In fact, I'm pretty confident that there have been several, by you.

Edited by Larry

umm, I don't know who said that. Now in 2016, when all the employer mandates go into effect, yea we'll see a hit. 

As far as stock price for insurance companies? It was a pretty safe bet to invest in companies that the federal government is fining people if they don't buy the services. That's why their stock prices more than doubled. 

Ruling wasn't extended 2 days, they just didn't release it today, which wasn't really surprising. It will be either Thursday or next Monday. My guess is Thursday with gay marriage on Monday. 

thanks for that 

Really? You feel like placing a bet, how many "health insurance premiums (for a particular group) go up by umpty-ump-percent" posts I can find, in this thread?

In fact, I'm pretty confident that there have been several, by you.

No I want you to find all the quotes where anyone said this:

But here I thought Obamacare was the reason the economy still stinks.

or this

And that it was driving insurance companies out of business.

or this

And that it's caused health insurance prices to triple.

You can't find any by me, another lie you like to perpetrate.

But keep on with your rhetoric cuz you got no real substance.

Edited by chipwhich
  • Like 1

No one has Obamacare. It's not an insurance plan.

Thank you for clarifying that for some folks.  :P

What we do have, however, is the ability to get good healthcare despite pre-existing conditions, with no lifetime limits on coverage...I call that a "plus".

• Like 2

No I want you to find all the quotes where anyone said this:

or this

or this

You can't find any by me, another lie you like to perpetrate.

But keep on with your rhetoric cuz you got no real substance.

Silly me. I assumed it was clear I was posting intentionally exaggerated paraphrasing a of claime that all of us have become used to seeing, for years.

However in order for such satire to be effective, it does have to be recognizably close to the truth, too.

Frankly, I think I can find things that are reasonably close to those claims. (That's why I made them).

But, frankly, the ability to pull things up, from years ago, on this board, really sucks. I note, for example, that the board seems to think that this thread started in, I think, 2013. Whereas I'm pretty sure we've been discussing Obamacare for longer than that. And a Google search of "extremeskins insurance rates" turns up like one relevant post. (And I'm pretty certain that I've seen dozens, maybe even 100).

In short, finding actual posts that are close to those might take a day's work. (And might just not be possible).

So, before I put in that kind of work, I need to find out:

If I can, say, find posts from '11, '12, '13, and '14, announcing "insurance rates increase by 40%!" And if I then point out that if something has increased by 40% a year, for 5 years in a row, then said price has gone up by 440%, then are you going to admit that yeah, that claim actually HAS been made?

Or are you going to insist that that's not good enough for you?

Maybe demand a post where somebody said they tripled in a single year?

(Or maybe even point out that I was right, five years ago, when I pointed out that those claimed were made with cherry picked populations, and that they were blaming Obamacare for things that weren't really due to Obamacare? And that the people posting those claims (intentionally) never SAID "Obamacare did this", (they just tried real hard to IMPLY it)?)

If I put in the work to back up what I clearly remember going on, for the last 5 years, is that going to be good enough for you?

Or are you just trolling?

Or are you going to insist that that's not good enough for you?

Maybe demand a post where somebody said they tripled.....

Or maybe don't attribute stuff to me that I didn't say.

For the one poster on this board that totally misunderstands paraphrasing, your post is a hoot.  Posters end up with pages of tail chasing because of you and what started out as paraphrasing.

Thank you for admitting you made this stuff up and it was all satire.

Edited by chipwhich

That is NOT in any way shape or form what the link you provided says.

I didn't post a link, so whatever link you read probably wouldn't. If you'd like to research obamacare expectations vs actual enrollments (you'll want to look out for numbers that include Medicare enrollees), you might find it interesting - you might not. Who really knows with you.

Thank you for admitting you made this stuff up and it was all satire.

Admitting it? I thought it was pretty clear.

Guess next time, I'll have to exaggerate more.  Obviously, I was too close to the truth. 

Guess next time, I'll have to exaggerate more.  Obviously, I was too close to the truth. 

How about you back up your claims instead of hiding behind your exaggerations.  You know, like you demand every poster ad nausea to semantically back up every noun and verb in every post.

CBO going out on a limb....

For many reasons, the budgetary and economic effects of repealing the ACA could differ substantially in either direction from the central estimates presented in this report. The uncertainty is sufficiently great that repealing the ACA could reduce deficits over the 2016–2025 period—or could increase deficits by a substantially larger margin than the agencies have estimated. However, CBO and JCT’s best estimate is that repealing the ACA would increase federal budget deficits by $137 billion over that 10-year period

https://www.cbo.gov/sites/default/files/114th-congress-2015-2016/reports/50252-Effects_of_ACA_Repeal.pdf