Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The 2012 Pittsburgh Pirates Thread

Teller

Buckos looked damn good against my Gigantes. Congrats on a good team and a great player in McCutchen.

In fact, my Gigantes look like they need the All Star break more than anyone. They are wilting in the heat, and there is something SERIOUSLY wrong with stoner boy Lincecum.

My O's are wilting also. We needed the break (and to not play the Angels anymore).

Good series, man. :cheers: (Well, at least it was until yesterday. ;)) Preciate the kind words about the club, and Cutch.

And I wouldn't read TOO much into the slide into the break. The Nats and Bucs aren't the Nats and Bucs anymore. That's a tough six games for anyone at this point. But yeah, I have no idea what's up with Lincecum. "Disappointment" doesn't begin to cover his season.

Enjoy the break, and good luck/health the rest of the way to your boys.

Thanks. And yeah, the Nats and Bucs ain't what they used to be. Good for them.

The Giants played their last 4 series against teams in first place in their respective divisions. Glad to be done with that, anyway.

I hope the break is good to my Bucs. We DON'T need the break. Hell, it's probably in the WORST spot it could've come for us. We're playing the best ball we have all year at this point.

I'll be holding my breath the first few games back, what with Cincy only a game behind. But if we come out still running on all cylinders, I'm really going to get tough to be around. :ols:

• 2 weeks later...

I'm out of adjectives. Andrew McCutchen brought an MLB leading .372 average into tonight. He's 2-for-3 through 5, with a 442-blast for HR #22.

Unreal. It's been a LONG time since a Buc even approached this type of season. Easily...EASILY the best player in the NL this year.

McCutcheon's home run was awe-inspiring. That thing landed 450 feet away from home plate' date=' but it must have traveled 1200 feet. It took forever to come down.[/quote']

I ran out in my yard here in MD with my glove on, hoping to catch it. :ols:

Someone needs to test McCutchen for robot parts.

He became the best player in baseball so quickly it's ridiculous.

I knew the Pirates had some hope to be decent this year, but to do what they are doing, they needed a) outstanding pitching and B) McCutcheon to be Babe Ruth. If both were even just good, this team was going nowhere yet again.

I don't even know how to describe what Cutch is doing right now.

• 2 weeks later...

nice pick up in Travis Snider, he might turn out to be a homerun or strike out type hitter, or he could turn into a solid power hitting outfielder. I was looking forward to a Blue Jays outfield of Snider, Colby Rasmus and Anthony Gose (I would move Jose Bautista to 3B, Lawrie to 2B), but we had to send Snider out to get some badly needed bullpen help. I hope he does well, a fan favourite here in Toronto.

I wonder how Bucs nation feels about the loss of Brad Lincoln? Is this kid content in being in the pen or does he want to start? the pen looks like a good fit for him, for now anyways.

• 5 months later...
  • 8 months later...

The city was crazy today. I'm an Os fan, through and through, but have happily adopted the Pirates as my NL team since I got to Pittsburgh a year ago. Easy to cheer for, beautiful stadium, and great fans.

Looking forward to the Cardinals series. 

The city was crazy today. I'm an Os fan, through and through, but have happily adopted the Pirates as my NL team since I got to Pittsburgh a year ago. Easy to cheer for, beautiful stadium, and great fans.

Looking forward to the Cardinals series. 

I went to the O's/Pirates game at PNC a couple of years ago with a buddy who's a Pirates fan. Beautiful stadium. It was the only game in the series the O's won, so I was glad I picked the day I did.

The Pirates are in the playoffs, and the Steelers are 0-4 looking like they'll miss the playoffs 2 years in a row. People up here don't know what the hell to think. :lol:

Archived