Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

nbc-2.com: Man runs over, smashes teen's small car

SWFLSkins

Every RedNeck accident starts with "hey look at this".....:ols:

Man runs over, smashes teen's small car

17020130_BG3.jpg

CHARLOTTE COUNTY -

A Fort Myers man was arrested at the Redneck Yacht Club for driving over a small car several times early Saturday morning.

The Charlotte County Sheriff's Office reported to Redneck Yacht Club around 5:00 a.m. A 16-year-old girl, accompanied by her 37-year-old stepfather, told deputies that she had left her 1994 Toyota Corolla in a field while she went "mudding" with friends.

While she was away, she heard that a car had been run over. When she returned to her car, she realized it had been crushed.

A security guard informed deputies that around 3:00 a.m., he witnessed a large group of spectators near the car urging two large trucks to run it over, shouting that, "the owner doesn't care."

The trucks attempted to run over the car but couldn't and left. A large white van with five-foot wheels then approached the car and the crowd again urged it to run over the car.

The van smashed both sides of the hood before driving over the entire car. The driver then drove over the car several more times.

A witness led deputies to the driver of the van and he was identified as Norman Nowling, 40, of Fort Myers.

He was taken to the Charlotte County Jail for criminal mischief.

A spokesperson for the Redneck Yacht Club said everyone signs a liability waiver upon entering the park and that the incident was an unfortunate event that occurred on their property.

LMAO.....the Redneck Yacht Club says it all....

It totally does, never been there, never intend to either. I know some people who go up there and 4 wheel and party all night in the mud, sounds like fun until you realize it is lawless and a bunch of morons 4 wheeling and shooting, let alone port-a-potties. Redneck yacht club, hahaha I am surprised it took this long for something to happen like this there.

I've never heard of anyone defending Florida before.

Florida has it moments for sure high and low. You know that most Floridians are northern transplants right?

---------- Post added February-26th-2012 at 10:47 PM ----------

Really ? Explain please.

I can if really needed. Seriously.

I think I just did.

Florida has it moments for sure high and low. You know that most Floridians are northern transplants right?

---------- Post added February-26th-2012 at 10:47 PM ----------

I think I just did.

Willing to bet most likely us northern transplants had nothing do do with this ridiculousness. Not to mention if that is your base point arent most of those you are talking about in their 60's ?

A little too defensive about a stereotype joke that is no worst than a WV joke, or a redneck joke. Wow.

Perhaps there is some truth to the Florida stereotypes after all.

I had never heard this before.

Citation, please.

(Genuinely interested in whether or not this is true. Have to imagine it is not, but always willing to be wrong.)

Willing to bet most likely us northern transplants had nothing do do with this ridiculousness. Not to mention if that is your base point arent most of those you are talking about in their 60's ?

A little too defensive about a stereotype joke that is no worst than a WV joke, or a redneck joke. Wow.

Perhaps there is some truth to the Florida stereotypes after all.

First I am laughing real hard at you right now. I am a Redskins fan from Md. who moved here years ago and I was not 60. My point was most "Floridians" moved here from somewhere else. And your right those idiots at the Redneck Yacht Club probably were locals, but you are saying Virginia and Maryland don't have Rednecks? That's rich.

In fact that you think stereotypes are possibly accurate further validates my original point.

---------- Post added February-27th-2012 at 08:41 AM ----------

I had never heard this before.

Citation, please.

(Genuinely interested in whether or not this is true. Have to imagine it is not, but always willing to be wrong.)

Look at the population changes to Florida over the past 100 years and while nobody originally wanted to live here now most who visit end up wanting to move here, including me. I visited on a February week and went back to O.C. and said hey this 80 degree winter stuff is sweet I'm there. One of the problems with Florida like California, is the number of people who move here from somewhere else. When I first moved to the West Coast it was great, small yet had plenty of jobs, now crowded and overpriced it is not nearly as inviting.

---------- Post added February-27th-2012 at 08:43 AM ----------

Which Redneck free Queen City btw? Just curious looking to move.

North America

See also: List of city nicknames in Canada

See also: List of city nicknames in the United States

Allentown, Pennsylvania

Bangor, Maine

Beach Haven, New Jersey

Buffalo, New York

Burlington, Vermont

Charlotte, North Carolina, from being named after Charlotte of Mecklenburg-Strelitz, Queen consort of the United Kingdom

Cincinnati, Ohio (once nicknamed "Queen City of the West")

Clarksville, Tennessee

Cumberland, Maryland (The "Queen City of the Alleghenies")

Del Rio, Texas, "Queen City of the Rio Grand"

Denver, Colorado (The "Queen City of the Plains")

Dickinson, North Dakota

Helena, Montana

Manchester, New Hampshire

Marquette, Michigan

Meridian, Mississippi

Moore, Oklahoma

Nelson, British Columbia

Plainfield, New Jersey

Poughkeepsie, New York

Regina, Saskatchewan, named after Queen Victoria

Seattle, Washington, used Queen City as its official nickname from 1869 until 1982

Sioux Falls, South Dakota

Springfield, Missouri

Staunton, Virginia

Titusville, Pennsylvania (so named as the birthplace of the modern oil industry)

Toronto, Ontario, see Name of Toronto#Nicknames

Tuscaloosa, Alabama

Virginia, Minnesota

I lived in FL from 98-05. I actually hated the year round 85+ degree weather. It didn't seem right wearing shorts and a wife beater on christmas day. I like the change of seasons and we live right outside of Charlotte, so we get winter, but not WINTER.

Every state has their "rednecks". I could go back to MD and show you a ton of them. I could go to PA where my dad's relatives are and show you PA mountain rednecks. The thing with FL is, there is such a melting pot of people, you just don't know what you'll get.

And I agree with SWFLSkins, when I was in FL, it was a pretty good deal. The reason we moved was because of the expense and the overcrowding. We were in West Palm and the traffic was just horendous.

SWFL ? WTH are you talking about.

Have you never met, or known, or even been friends with a redneck ?

You perhaps are a bit sheltered. Live a little get out and learn to love all types of people. Well not love them, but accept them for who they are it makes life easier.

I realize that 90% of people that are from Florida are idiots, and if they live there too long their brain starts turning to mush, perhaps that is what is happening to you at this point. Sad way to see a Redskins fan go out. Stay strong my friend.

---------- Post added February-27th-2012 at 11:14 AM ----------

Every state has their "rednecks". I could go back to MD and show you a ton of them. I could go to PA where my dad's relatives are and show you PA mountain rednecks. The thing with FL is, there is such a melting pot of people, you just don't know what you'll get.

We were in West Palm and the traffic was just horendous.

Rednecks are worldwide. In other countries they just have different names for it. Doesn't make that person a bigot or ignorant. Just a redneck. Big deal. One of my best friends as a kid (in college park) was a redneck his parents even moreso. We couldn't have been more different but got along as brothers.

If traffic was bad in West Palm...you need to head back to DC for a rush hour or two.

If traffic was bad in West Palm...you need to head back to DC for a rush hour or two.

Haha, part of the reason I left the DMV. I go up there for a few games and to visit relatives a few times a year. I used to do the Waldorf to Annandale trip during rush hour for about 4 years. I was much younger then. Charlotte is just heavy enough, but just light enough for me. Anytime I hear people complain here, I tell them to go to DC and drive and then come back and tell me how easy this is.

SWFL ? WTH are you talking about.

Have you never met, or known, or even been friends with a redneck ?

You perhaps are a bit sheltered. Live a little get out and learn to love all types of people. Well not love them, but accept them for who they are it makes life easier.

I realize that 90% of people that are from Florida are idiots, and if they live there too long their brain starts turning to mush, perhaps that is what is happening to you at this point. Sad way to see a Redskins fan go out. Stay strong my friend.

Dude you got no point, but as long as your in the Queen City say hi to the princess.

http://www.nbc-2.com/story/17036295/2012/02/28/man-who-drove-over-girls-car-pays-up

Nowling met with the Kent's stepfather Tuesday, and gave her a $6,500 check to cover the cost of getting her a new vehicle. She says she'll start shopping for a new car this afternoon.

"I need to go to sleep every night with a clear conscience," Nowling said.

But Nowling says he still takes issue with the way the incident was handled.

He admits to driving over the car, but says he wasn't the first to do it - and he feels security at the venue unfairly singled him out.

In Nowling's arrest report, a security guard at the Redneck Yacht Club reported seeing two trucks attempting to drive over the girl's car first, but they couldn't make it over the hood and drove off.

That's when Nowling reportedly rolled up in his camouflage van, sporting five-foot tires, and the crowd urged him to run over the car - which he did.

Dude you got no point, but as long as your in the Queen City say hi to the princess.

Sure he does. Just so happens it's probably on top of the head. :)

Let's be nice in here. :) (Kosher especially).

Archived