Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

WP DCSB - Lorenzo Alexander doesn’t want Peyton Manning

SWFLSkins

Gotta love Lorenzo Alexander, this is how I feel about the PM situation. The team needs a fresh start not another gamble on a huge name. I wish PM luck but not here. And I gotta say I am happy Lo speaks his mind and really loves the Redskins. I don't think he says this without caring about the future. This is the kind of football player that the Skins need, this is a throw back player willing to say what most are thinking.

--PM, Not private messages either.

Lorenzo Alexander: The respected special teams star talked to CSN Washington’s Jennifer X. Williams a few weeks ago, and was surprisingly blunt about Peyton.

“You know, I respect Peyton Manning and his body of work and everything he’s done,” Alexander said. “But any time you’re dealing with a neck and back injury — even if the doctors clear you — it just really worries me. Even if he takes one hit or falls funny, we’re talking about his life now, his livelihood, being able to play with his kids, and that goes way beyond football. So I wouldn’t like to see him come here, just because I’m unsure about a neck.

“And also the Redskins haven’t had a good history of bringing in other peoples’ stars and having them do well here. So with those two things working together, I’d rather see our front office go young.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/dc-sports-bog/post/lorenzo-alexander-doesnt-want-peyton-manning-in-washington/2012/02/22/gIQAnzMsTR_blog.html?wprss=dc-sports-bog

Originally posted in BBN section.

I agree with this. I don't know that I want to sell the farm for a rookie either, but I think that Peyton is too high a risk for too little gain.

I figure any QB that comes in will need about a year to acclimate and given that he's 36 already and coming off a huge injury... that's just too many strikes.

Although Lorenzo was pretty respectful still toward Peyton there, it would best serve players who may have to work with FA's to keep their views to themselves.

But meh, it's all moot as the Colts are paying Peyton, we're getting Luck, and everyone in Indiana and Redskin Nation will as deliriously happy as a deliriously happy thing. (Gets back on hands and knees and prays.).

Hail.

OMG is dead on. Thanks for sharing SWFL.
I agree with this.

I just think that last quote sums up ten years of watching the Redskins for me. He has played his heart out at all kinds of spots and watched guys come and go with much bigger contracts, yet here he is still playing and still caring about the team. If we only had 53 of him.

I just think that last quote sums up ten years of watching the Redskins for me. He has played his heart out at all kinds of spots and watched guys come and go with much bigger contracts, yet here he is still playing and still caring about the team. If we only had 53 of him.

True story. I'll take 27 Londons & 26 Zos for 500, Alex. Please and thanks.

But meh, it's all moot as the Colts are paying Peyton, we're getting Luck, and everyone in Indiana and Redskin Nation will as deliriously happy as a deliriously happy thing. (Gets back on hands and knees and prays.).

Hail.

Lol...GHH I do believe this is a pipe dream for the 3 of you, but it'lll be one hell of a celebration around here if true.

Hail.

True story. I'll take 27 Londons & 26 Zos for 500, Alex. Please and thanks.

So here's the thing about some of these comments. London Fletcher was a FA, an older one at that, and he's been the biggest leader for our team. Peyton would do the same thing for the offense and I'm sure everyone is agreement that he's a Fletch caliber leader.

The other thing is that Lorenzo seems to be misinformed like a lot of other people. The neck is not the issue, it's the nerve that affects the strength in his triceps. I've seen it reported that his neck is actually stronger than the average person's because the fusion process involves him having a plate along his spine.

If people say they're worried about his arm strength, then fine. But when people talk about his neck being fragile or about none of our FAs being good for our team, those are completely false.

I was a counselor with my son at Brian Mitchell's football camp and during an autograph session I told Lo that he was Hazlett's boy (this was Shan year 1) in front of BMitch and DHall, DHall looked up and Lo was backing off the talk with BMitch cracking up. Lo was humble there too with the possibility of starting at OLB in the new 3-4 in everyone's mind.

Is there anything Lorenzo isn't good at?
So here's the thing about some of these comments. London Fletcher was a FA, an older one at that, and he's been the biggest leader for our team. Peyton would do the same thing for the offense and I'm sure everyone is agreement that he's a Fletch caliber leader.

The other thing is that Lorenzo seems to be misinformed like a lot of other people. The neck is not the issue, it's the nerve that affects the strength in his triceps. I've seen it reported that his neck is actually stronger than the average person's because the fusion process involves him having a plate along his spine.

If people say they're worried about his arm strength, then fine. But when people talk about his neck being fragile or about none of our FAs being good for our team, those are completely false.

Apparently he is not a good brain surgeon nor a Orthopedist, Neurologist or Neurosurgeon, he did however stay at a Holiday Inn last night.

I agree with this. I don't know that I want to sell the farm for a rookie either, but I think that Peyton is too high a risk for too little gain.

I figure any QB that comes in will need about a year to acclimate and given that he's 36 already and coming off a huge injury... that's just too many strikes.

Just for fun and out of curiosity.....if you HAD to choose which would you rather...A) Trade the farm for RGIII (I'm talking like nearly our whole draft) or B) Way overpay for an older and recently injured Peyton Manning...its tough.

Although Lorenzo was pretty respectful still toward Peyton there, it would best serve players who may have to work with FA's to keep their views to themselves.

Hail.

Totally agree, players need to keep these sort of opinions to themselves. No reason to put this kind of stuff out there to the public.

Just for fun and out of curiosity.....if you HAD to choose which would you rather...A) Trade the farm for RGIII (I'm talking like nearly our whole draft) or B) Way overpay for an older and recently injured Peyton Manning...its tough.

Probably sell the farm, but not really a fan of either.

Totally agree, players need to keep these sort of opinions to themselves. No reason to put this kind of stuff out there to the public.

I disagree in this case, Lo is speaking for the fans here and said nothing about actual team plans, just what he thought was best considering past ventures into vet F/A's. This guys has paid the dues in the right to voice his opinion club, again, IMO>

Trade the whole thing and twice on Sundays. I have already stated I would be happy field last years team, healthy of course, and just replace Grossman with Griffin.

I am glad Lorenzo spoke about the team needs to be young and grow.

Name anyone else in the NFL that is a special teams player that could sub in for (without a major dropoff) OL, DL, TE or LBer........cue the music Alex...Time_is_Passing.gif

Spencer Larson of Denver Bronco's did it all the time. But that does not effect the fact he is NOT GOOD enough to start. There is a reason the Skins drafted a lb with their first pick last year. He is a liablity that needed to be upgraded on your starting defense sorry facts are facts.

Archived