Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

UFC: Undisputed 3 (360/PS3)

The Mayor of Fed Ex Field

http://www.ufcundisputed.com/

It was released yesterday, so I bought it.

Didn't buy any of the previous games, and I am not really a big UFC fan, but i just cracked it open and am starting tutorial mode. I can already tell this game is going to be awesome.

It was rated a 9 out of 10 by IGN, and been acclaimed by most reviews so far.

Anyone else get it? Any tips or tricks you may have found so far?

I got it for 360, but its on PS3 also.

I have it on the 360....we should fight sometime and we could even make our own camp

---------- Post added February-20th-2012 at 01:30 PM ----------

BTW I have been playing UFC games since Dreamcast....so I would like to get together and I can help you get better at the game as much as I can

Im down. I have been using Jon Jones, I think thats his name, and fighting Pride matches because thats all I can win.

Is online working now? Read that it was down.

Yup. Jon Jones, the pride of Rochester, New York.

His brother is Arthur Jones, who plays for the Ravens.

Yup. Jon Jones, the pride of Rochester, New York.

His brother is Arthur Jones, who plays for the Ravens.

Whoa whoa whoa, let's hold on with that pride of Rochester, he went to Union Endicott High School, as did his brothers(the third of which is a RB at Cuse). I think he was a freshman when I was a senior. What ties does he have to Rochester?

Jon Jones is ranked higher than GSP and Silva? I guess it would be hard to differentiate when none of them have lost for as long as i can remember, but I would have those 2 higher than JJ.

Can you make your own 6'6 280 lb dude that is also lightening quick and a jiu jitsu black belt? I would do that and name him Jim Zorn.

Jon Jones is ranked higher than GSP and Silva? I guess it would be hard to differentiate when none of them have lost for as long as i can remember, but I would have those 2 higher than JJ.

I can see where you're coming from, but when you take the legend-status out of the equation, you can definitely argue that Jones is the most well-equipped fighter in the UFC.

I can see where you're coming from, but when you take the legend-status out of the equation, you can definitely argue that Jones is the most well-equipped fighter in the UFC.

You could argue that, i think, both ways, especially with Anderson. I guess my argument would be that both Silva and GSP have been fighting better competition for longer than Bones. Both of the former are on long win streaks against #1 contenders, Jones has 2 title fights total.

It's a video game, so not a big deal, im just a bit surprised by that. I still want to check the game out. I will probably use Koscheck. I hear his finishing move is an overhand right, followed by being a huge dick. :ols:

You could argue that, i think, both ways, especially with Anderson. I guess my argument would be that both Silva and GSP have been fighting better competition for longer than Bones. Both of the former are on long win streaks against #1 contenders, Jones has 2 title fights total.

It's a video game, so not a big deal, im just a bit surprised by that. I still want to check the game out. I will probably use Koscheck. I hear his finishing move is an overhand right, followed by being a huge dick. :ols:

I hear ya, there's also a marketing factor where they want to build Jones up. Making him the best fighter in the game helps that cause.

That said, he's been absolutely dominant lately. His striking and ground and pound definitely surpasses GSP's, and his wrestling is much better than Anderson's. At this point Anderson still has the best striking in the UFC, but Jones is looking amazing in that regard, and he's a lot more aggressive than Anderson is. If you look beyond the win streaks, Anderson has had some very lackluster fights in the UFC because he's primarily a counterstriker. People don't engage him and he's just stood there practically all fight long, waiting for them to throw the first strike. Also, he lost 4 rounds to Sonnen recently, even getting dropped in that fight.

A win is a win, but we're talking about rating attributes. Jones has been looking like a revolutionary fighter.

Everyone thought Lesnar was a revolutionary fighter too, until he wasnt anymore. GSP's best attribute is that he out game plans people and has no holes in his game, which doesnt translate into video games, at least not when i play. Anderson losing 4 rounds is kind of unfair considering his opponent was on multiple performance enhancing drugs. Bones' freakishly long arms probably translates really well into video games. :ols: Rating attributes for UFC fighters would be a funny thread. I remember doing something like that back in the day (fake video game attributes) for Madden.

Who knows, maybe Jones gets beat soon, maybe he doesnt. I think your point about the marketing aspect is probably dead on. Who is on the cover of the game?

---------- Post added February-21st-2012 at 01:23 PM ----------

Edit, it wasnt "give football players strange madden ratings" it was "Give ES Posters Madden Ratings"

I don't think people thought Lesnar was revolutionary, per say. Moreso a guy with an ace up his sleeve. Nobody had the size/athleticism combination that he did, and no heavyweight in UFC history possessed the wrestling credentials he had. While little-ass Fedor had an all around game, people thought Lesnar would just take him down and pound him through Earth. Doesn't mean you should rate Lesnar's chin, jits or striking 95 out of 100.

GSP is extremely well-rounded, and fights incredibly smart, but it's in exchange for lethality. He's not going out there bludgeoning the crap out of people like Jones is. They're both seamless fighters with awesome technique, but Jones is a lot more deadly in all regards.

I hate to sound like I'm taking away from Anderson, he is amazing. I just think that right now Jones has more tools at his disposal.

Edit: It would be something to look back on this thread if Rashad or Henderson were to pull off the upset. :ols: I'll eat my bowl of crow if that happens.

I have been playing UFC games since the PS1 and have all fo the Undisputed games on the 360....so far this one is the best of them all, with the improved submission system, more realistic striking, and the better career mode this game is great.

The controls have also improved. So far I have no complaints witht he game. Take this from someone who played EA MMA for a day then took it back cause it was horrible and I had said after the last Undisputed game that I was not going to buy this one as it first 2 were almost identical. However y wife got me this one and so far I love it....may be the best MMA game of all time.

Archived