Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

January 16, 2012 Republican Presidential Primary Debate (On Fox News Channel)

visionary

I'm thinking you're going to see some desperation. Lot of near-drowning people on that stage.

I think you're going to see a lot of people trying to be Brett Favre or Tim Tebow, throwing up a lot of picks and/or getting sacked.

IF the top two finishers are Romney and Paul, again, (big if), then how many candidates is it over for?

LOL I'm anxious to see more of Mitt's facial expressions when other people are talking.

I'm hoping if he did select one of them as vp someone put a clip together of them speaking and his expressions

LOL Gingrich is being questioned for making a big deal of not being negative and then going out and quoting Salon and NYT, etc, to go after Romney.

---------- Post added January-16th-2012 at 09:05 PM ----------

Romney looks like he's trying hard not to laugh.

(at Gingrich's response)

Solid response by Romney.

The crowd seems to like it. lol

Perry is tag-teaming Mitt now on releasing income taxes.

The crowd seemed to like that too.

Romney has so far answered every question very politely and almost complimentarily towards the other candidates.

But every question has been about his record so far, so we'll see how long he can keep from losing his cool.

---------- Post added January-16th-2012 at 09:15 PM ----------

Kelly Evans asks Paul about Hunstman's comments on abandoning attacks.

She said that he his adds have been "particularly scathing."

Paul is gleeful to get a chance to go after Santorum some more.

Santorum seems pretty miffed at Paul.

---------- Post added January-16th-2012 at 09:20 PM ----------

The crowd seems pretty excited by Santorum going after Romney about the pro-Romney pacs.

They seem pretty excited about everything.

I think a few of them may be drunk.

Pretty much, it's kind of amazing that despite the rage against Obama on the right they couldn't find a single candidate capable of beating him.

"They" do have a candidate that could give him a run for the money -- but he decided not to put his hat in the ring. He decided to wait for 2016 when he's a lock.

Santorum put Mitt back on his heels, but Mitt handled it pretty well, I thought

Yeah, it was a bit hard to say anything with Santorum talking over him.

I thought his response was good, although the way he tries to distance himself from the pacs is a bit weak.

On the other hand Santorum's people came out with some pretty nasty adds today too so I don't know if that issue will work for him (Santorum).

Guest Spearfeather
Pretty much, it's kind of amazing that despite the rage against Obama on the right they couldn't find a single candidate capable of beating him.

They can't make somebody run.

I realize why he didn't run, but it seems now is the prime chance to win. What happens if Obama wins and then has a successful second term and people aren't looking to move away from the Dems like some are now?

Beating an incumbent is really tough. He didn't want to waste his shot -- and he still has work to do in NJ. #UnionBuster

"They" do have a candidate that could give him a run for the money -- but he decided not to put his hat in the ring. He decided to wait for 2016 when he's a lock.

I'm not going to jinx it, but I hope we're thinking about the same guy.

*EDIT* Apparently not. :ols:

Archived