Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Offical Who's the new head coach of Penn St. Thread (UPDATE NEW SHORT LIST SEE POST 15)

skinsforlife101

How would a politician's announcement that he would raise the retirement age for SS/Medicare, affect  

43 members have voted

1. 1. How would a politician's announcement that he would raise the retirement age for SS/Medicare, affect

• I'd be more likely to vote for him.
    • It wouldn't affect my vote much
    • I'd be less likely to vote for him.
    • I think he would gain more votes than he loses
    • I don't think it would affect the election much
    • I think it would cost him more votes than he gains

OK guys thought it would be fun to add this thread since there has been somany name thrown out there for this head coach job. Just today Fox 29 in Phillysaid that former browns Coach Eric Mangini has been interviewed for the job. Iwill add a poll who do you think the new head coach will be??

I personal think Tom Bradley will get the job.

OK guys thought it would be fun to add this thread since there has been somany name thrown out there for this head coach job. Just today Fox 29 in Phillysaid that former browns Coach Eric Mangini has been interviewed for the job. Iwill add a poll who do you think the new head coach will be??

I personal think Tom Bradley will get the job.

No way Bradley gets the job. Although I'm not happy about it, I think it's gonna be Dan Mullen from Mississippi State -- they're waiting until after MSU's bowl game to make the announcement. My 2nd guess right now is Greg Schiano from Rutgers (also playing today). #3 guess is Pat Fitzgerald from Northwestern.

I think for PR's sake I don't think the University will hire anyone with a link to Paterno. Which excludes guys like Schiano, Golden (not that he would come), or Brian Norwood.

It would be someone who, from a perception standpoint, would be in the opposite vein as Paterno. Guys like Peterson or Chip Kelly (not specifically these guys) but the style of football these guys play.

It's kind of a can't lose situation for a coach who wants it. A) He or she (ok, just kidding) will be paid a king's ransom. B) If they fail, it's not on them—hey there was too much other going on at PSU to succeed. They put in their 3 years and move on with carte blanche.

I don't think an NFL guy is what you want. Running a pro and college team are two totally different things, you need insight into how these things work to make a good run of things in a short period of time. You want some long time coordinator in a similar size school and similar profile. Nebraska, Oklahoma, Texas... some guy like Brett Bielema who was a GA, position coach, a DC at decent sized universities before taking on his own program.

I think the best candidate is Tom Bradley. He'll go somewhere with Larry Johnson Sr and wreck shop. Those two can flat out recruit, coach defense, and develop D-linemen and linebackers. They probably end up in Florida or Texas or something. If it's someone in the BigTen, Fitzgerald from Northwestern is smart, up and coming coach.

TEG, I think it's a question of "availability." I'm sure he is contacted annually but if his feelers aren't up no one bothers. When a guy like Muschamp or back in the day Stoops is ready they leak it. Starts media hype and can generate a bidding war for his services.

Where's the outrage right now? Sure when the trial hits, it'll be back in force or maybe even tomorrow during the bowl game. But from here on out, the main perpetrators are gone. Will recruits hold it against a new coach, new staff, new teammates what happened 2,5,10 years ago? We'll see. I doubt it, but I'm biased.

Where's the outrage right now? Sure when the trial hits, it'll be back in force or maybe even tomorrow during the bowl game. But from here on out, the main perpetrators are gone. Will recruits hold it against a new coach, new staff, new teammates what happened 2,5,10 years ago? We'll see. I doubt it, but I'm biased.

It seems as though they won't ... they just got a commitment from a pretty big recruit -- I think he's in ESPN 150,

In all seriousness, how is Bud Foster (yeah, that's me showing some respect to VT today) not a major candidate for a HC job every year?

I've read before that Foster is pretty terrible in interviews. Not sure about the specifics behind that, but it's come up several times in recent years as he's interviewed for different jobs.

Sort of like Gus Malzahn. Why did he end up going to Arkansas State of all places? Apparently, he has a tendency to come across like a know-it-all douche who doesn't work well with others, plus his wife is a lunatic and brings her own baggage along with her.

Getting a HC gig, especially at a BCS conference school, is almost like running for a political office. You need to be able to work with the people who supported you for the job, you need to be able to relate to just about everyone associated with the school, and everything in your personal life better be in order, or at least very well cleaned up and brushed under the carpet, so that everything appears to be in order.

The state college news wire is reporting that there is now a short list of head coach candidates which include Mark Richt, Georgia, Dabo Swinney, Clemson, Tom Clements Green Bay.

Link to the entire article: http://www.statecollege.com/news/columns/penn-state-football-coach-search-more-munch-the-packer-is-back-and-a-guess-that-may-be-richt-972161/

Archived