Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

When preparing our Mocks,consider this? Mike Shanahan has not drafted 1 underclassman, since he's been our Head Coach.

Missouri_Skins_Fan

My 1st Thread

I did some digging of my own,to see what Underclassman Shanahan drafted since being our Head Coach in 2010-:logo:

To my surprise...not one!

Now this could be a flat out Anomaly if you wish to believe that, or this could be a Priority Trend the Shanahan's target in the draft.

Yes,that's right. All 18 players drafted from 2010 & 2011 were all Seniors.

-----------------------

Ryan Kerrigan

Jarvis Jenkins

Leonard Hankerson

Roy Helu

Dejon Gomes

Niles Paul

Evan Royster

Aldrick Robinson

Brandyn Thompson

Maurice Hurt

Markus White

Chris Neild

-----------------------

Trent Williams

Perry Riley

Dennis Morris

Terrence Austin

Eric Cook

Selvish Capers

Now this doesn't mean,he will never draft an underclassman, but this is certainly something that should make us pause before presuming who we will target come draft time or even after Free Agency.

So with this information, I have made a Top 100 List of the Senior Class members alone.

I've used CBS SPORTS DRAFT to narrow down these players for us: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/prospectrankings/TSX/2012_QB

QB's & Overall Draft Rankings

--------------------------------------------------

Ryan Tannehill (34)

Nick Foles (48)

Brandon Weeden (67)

Kirk Cousins (86)

RB's

Isaiah Pead (93)

Doug Martin (95)

FB's N/A

WR's

Michael Floyd (12)

Kendall Wright (19)

Nick Toon (61)

Brian Quick (74)

Dwight Jones (94)

DeVier Posey (100)

TE's

Coby Fleener (73)

OT's

Mike Adams (22)

Zebrie Sanders (55)

Levy Ad**** (66)

Andrew Datko (80)

Nate Potter (90)

Brandon Mosley (97)

OG's

Cordy Glenn (21)

Kelechi Osemele (43)

Kevin Zeitler (87)

Lucas Nix (89)

OC's

-------------------------------------------------

Ben Jones (68)

DE's

Quinton Coples (8)

Jared Crick (37)

Billy Winn (53)

Melvin Ingram (56)

Cam Johnson (78)

DT's

Devon Still (13)

Brandon Thompson (15)

Alameda Ta'amu (59)

Josh Chapman (79)

OLB's

Zach Brown (10)

Courtney Upshaw (23)

Brandon Lindsey (36)

Bruce Irvin (60)

Lavonte David (70)

Travis Lewis (76)

Sean Spence (83)

ILB's

Bobby Wagner (50)

Audie Cole (96)

CB's

Alfonzo Dennard (17)

Janoris Jenkins (25)

Chase Minnifield (33)

Coryell Judie (72)

Brandon Boykin (82)

Shaun Prater (85)

Trumaine Johnson (91)

FS's

Markelle Martin (54)

Aaron Henry (75)

SS's

Mark Barron (41)

K,P & LS also N/A

So there you have it...52 Seniors in the Top 100 Players in the 2012 draft.

Obviously,this will fluctuate as the NFL Combine & Interviews finish.

Obviously,there are some very talented Underclassman like Luck, RGlll, Richardson and many more.

But lets not overlook the emphasis Shanahan has on Drafting Seniors, as he is a perfect 18/18 while coaching here.

Thanks!

:logo:

stevemcqueen has some very in-depth posts on this topic as well, but overall this is an interesting and timely OP, in my opinion. Nice work, even if the color-coded nature of it all reminds me of ASF. ;)

I've thought for awhile that unless a superlative talent like RG3 or Luck fell in our laps, we'd be targeting Tannehill in the mid-1st.

stevemcqueen has some very in-depth posts on this topic as well, but overall this is an interesting and timely OP, in my opinion. Nice work, even if the color-coded nature of it all reminds me of ASF. ;)

I've thought for awhile that unless a superlative talent like RG3 or Luck fell in our laps, we'd be targeting Tannehill in the mid-1st.

Yea, sorry for all the color coded titles.

I find it fairly easier to read,when wanting to quickly find information.

I believe you can click on the names above,to get a bio of the players you guys like.

I hope this was OK, for everybody.

---------- Post added December-23rd-2011 at 03:24 PM ----------

Interesting stuff MO-fan.

I'd be curious to know which of those guys has strong leadership qualities or team captain status. That seemed to be a common theme in last years draftees.

Thanks HigSkin.

Another common theme I believe last year, was the "Caused Turnovers" by the Defensive players we drafted in Kerrigan,Jenkins,White,Neild,Thompson and even Gomes.

They all seemed to have a nose for the ball, so to speak.

That's some really good research MO-fan. Cutler was a senior when Shanny drafted him, too.

That makes me think that if we don't get Luck, we'll grab Tannehill or Foles in the second and target Barkley next year. I'd have my eye on someone like Toon or a OT in the first then. Something to keep an eye out for come April.

That's some really good research MO-fan. Cutler was a senior when Shanny drafted him, too.

That makes me think that if we don't get Luck, we'll grab Tannehill or Foles in the second and target Barkley next year. I'd have my eye on someone like Toon or a OT in the first then. Something to keep an eye out for come April.

I think that if we want Tannehill, we'll have to take him at our original pick in the 1st, whether that's top-10 or mid-1st if we win out.

I think that if we want Tannehill, we'll have to take him at our original pick in the 1st, whether that's top-10 or mid-1st if we win out.

I've heard a lot about this Tannehill kid. But I've never seen him play. I've watched highlights of him on Youtube, but he still doesn't strike me as the dynamic play making QB that Landry Jones, RG3, Matt Barkley, or Andrew Luck is. I'm not really sure what current NFL QB Tannehill really reminds me of. I don't see the Redskins taking Tannehill in the first round unless Bruce Allen wants to trade back into the center of the first round and pick up additonal draft choices, following last April's blueprint.

I've heard a lot about this Tannehill kid. But I've never seen him play. I've watched highlights of him on Youtube, but he still doesn't strike me as the dynamic play making QB that Landry Jones, RG3, Matt Barkley, or Andrew Luck is. I'm not really sure what current NFL QB Tannehill really reminds me of. I don't see the Redskins taking Tannehill in the first round unless Bruce Allen wants to trade back into the center of the first round and pick up additonal draft choices, following last April's blueprint.

He would go earlier than that because with Barkley and possibly Griffin going back to school, he now becomes the second best QB in the draft (third if Griffin comes out). He's the Christian Ponder or Jake Locker of this draft.

If that's the case, I would prefer to take Foles or Cousins in the second, honestly.

I wouldn't blame you, if you're looking for an immediate impact position in the 1st and a developmental guy in the 2nd. But honestly, with Tannehill I think you're getting a guy with a sky-high ceiling. He's a better prospect than half the guys who were taken in the 1st round last year. I'd rather have him than a prospect who rightfully deserves to fall to the 2nd round.

Funny enough, I had a brief PM conversation with someone earlier about how Tannehill reminds us of Locker.

I wouldn't blame you, if you're looking for an immediate impact position in the 1st and a developmental guy in the 2nd. But honestly, with Tannehill I think you're getting a guy with a sky-high ceiling. He's a better prospect than half the guys who were taken in the 1st round last year. I'd rather have him than a prospect who rightfully deserves to fall to the 2nd round.

Fair enough. I need to do a little more research on him. I do like him, though.

Fair enough. I need to do a little more research on him. I do like him, though.

I think we're going to see a huge upswing of support for Tannehill in the coming months, as people really delve into him as a prospect. He's been ignored for the most part, when it seemed like we could have a shot at Luck, RG3, or Barkley. And I'm not ruling the first two out yet. Just saying that I've thought it was likely all along that if we couldn't get one of the transcendental prospects, we would happily target Tannehill, who also has a ridiculously high ceiling, but comes closer to fitting the profile of players that Shanahan has liked to draft here.

I guess the perfect draft here,would be...

1st rd #7) DE Quinton Coples (8) (@ 6'6" 285 we continue to strengthen our D-Line & with Jarvis Jenkins coming back, we could have a formidable unit......He might need to add maybe 5 or 10 lbs of muscle, but we couldn't complain about the value here. Remember....Carriker IS a Free Agent, although I expect him to re-sign cause Haslett loves him)

2nd rd #39) QB Ryan Tannehill (34) (I expect him to be picked higher than here and more like mid 1st rd, with Barkley and possibly RGlll going back to school....I know very little about Tannehill, other than he is about the same size as Eli Manning)

3rd rd #71) WR Nick Toon (61) (Could he drop like hankerson did? Well,although I would much rather target D. Jackson or D. Bowe in FA,I wouldn't complain about getting the son of former Jets legend..Al Toon. Nick is a 6'3" 218 baller. I personally don't think we should draft a WR, but if we do...this is who I would love to get)

4th rd #103) ILB Audie Cole (96) (With Rocky McIntosh probably gone,this could be a pretty good pick here. Perry Riley has stepped up and taken his role without setbacks,but we could use some more good depth here for continuing our rebuilding. London Fletcher is still the leader of this team,but he is getting a little older...although it doesn't show. You can never have enough good LBers when running the 3-4)

I know we all want Luck or RGlll and there's all kind of hysteria, on what we all want to happen.

But based off of Shanahan ONLY drafting Seniors, as our head Coach since being here....This would be a pretty good draft for our top 4 Picks, imo.

1st rd #7) DE Quinton Coples (8) (@ 6'6" 285 we continue to strengthen our D-Line & with Jarvis Jenkins coming back, we could have a formidable unit......He might need to add maybe 5 or 10 lbs of muscle, but we couldn't complain about the value here. Remember....Carriker IS a Free Agent, although I expect him to re-sign cause Haslett loves him)

2nd rd #39) QB Ryan Tannehill (34) (I expect him to be picked higher than here and more like mid 1st rd, with Barkley and possibly RGlll going back to school....I know very little about Tannehill, other than he is about the same size as Eli Manning)

3rd rd #71) WR Nick Toon (61) (Could he drop like hankerson did? Well,although I would much rather target D. Jackson or D. Bowe in FA,I wouldn't complain about getting the son of former Jets legend..Al Toon. Nick is a 6'3" 218 baller. I personally don't think we should draft a WR, but if we do...this is who I would love to get)

4th rd #103) ILB Audie Cole (96) (With Rocky McIntosh probably gone,this could be a pretty good pick here. Perry Riley has stepped up and taken his role without setbacks,but we could use some more good depth here for continuing our rebuilding. London Fletcher is still the leader of this team,but he is getting a little older...although it doesn't show. You can never have enough good LBers when running the 3-4)

I know we all want Luck or RGlll and there's all kind of hysteria, on what we all want to happen.

But based off of Shanahan ONLY drafting Seniors, as our head Coach since being here....This would be a pretty good draft for our top 4 Picks, imo.

Luck and RG3 are like Seniors. Only reason Mike draft seniors is they a mature and a finished product. He is drafting on production and a lil on potential. I hardly think Mike will bypass Luck or RG3 cause they don't have the senior label beside their name.

I have a feeling people that we are going all in this year. I have this feeling that we have a good FA and trade the 3 1st and 2 2nds for Luck. The time is now if we get FAs here.

Luck and RG3 are like Seniors. Only reason Mike draft seniors is they a mature and a finished product. He is drafting on production and a lil on potential. I hardly think Mike will bypass Luck or RG3 cause they don't have the senior label beside their name.

I have a feeling people that we are going all in this year. I have this feeling that we have a good FA and trade the 3 1st and 2 2nds for Luck. The time is now if we get FAs here.

I actually hope you're right, GWinSkins.

We've waited long enough, to get our QB & Face of the Franchise.

But I can't help wonder if this team will ever get a QB. It seems to avoid us, no matter the circumstances.

We were in position to land Bradford: Rams wouldn't trade pick.....

We were willing to trade up for mark Sanchez: Didn't have enough ammo of picks and Jets offered more....

Gabbert falls in our lap @#10,we trade down (Probably a good thing here...)

Apparently we were not interested in Ryan Mallet,who fell to the 3rd rd

It just goes on & on & on & on....

Like some damn nightmare...

I know drafting a Top 5 QB, doesn't mean we will win again or even be good.

But it's like the 100 Million Dollar Lotto...

"You can't win, unless you play"

Well dag gum it people...

We need to go buy a Powerball Lotto ticket.

These scratch-offs we have, aren't getting it done.

And when we do win, they don't pay out crap.

we run a three man front with four starting quality players and we have three or four solid backups. Why draft someone else in the first round?

Archived