Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

suffolkUniversity: Paul second in NH!!

SnyderShrugged

Neither does Paul

Okay lets review: Paul had a newsletter in his name that he published, there were horribly racist things in this Ron Paul newletter.

If you are incapable of even identifying that he is responsible for print going out in his name, written by him (or some other he will not name) then there is no hope.

A phone call to the newsletter’s toll-free number was answered by his campaign staff. [...]

You have to identify the Past as with Robert Bird and then talk about their political career after that.

He's got lots of good ideas as does Johnson.

Okay lets review: Paul had a newsletter in his name that he published, there were horribly racist things in this Ron Paul newletter.

If you are incapable of even identifying that he is responsible for print going out in his name, written by him (or some other he will not name) then there is no hope.

You have to identify the Past as with Robert Bird and then talk about their political career after that.

Since this has been a well known fact, he admitted screwing up on oversight, and 100% of his actions have been seen for 20 years with no racisct tendencies, and his popularity still has grown despite it, I think its OK.

That said, I do wish for a better and more precise explanation and a renewed admission of the oversight error.

He is on record as taking responsibility for things written in his name though.

Sorry, the neo-con attack machine wont get very far with this one.

Show me one thing he's ever said that was racist.

As Paul has said, a libertarian CAN'T be racist. Racism puts people into groups, Paul can only view people as individuals.

What's more, Paul is the most pro-black politician today with his push to end the War on Drugs, which falls inequitably heavily on Blacks and Latinos. Leave aside his proposition to abolish HUD, which has taken respectable, poor Black communities and turned them into slums.

Since all the Ron Paul supporters are in here, I have a question: Why Ron Paul and not former two term New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson, who is now running for the Libertarian Party presidential nomination? While I'm certainly no conservative, I don't get why Johnson doesn't get more of a look in general. Johnson seems incredibly accomplished as a businessman, an outdoor adventurist (not super important but pretty cool) and especially as a Governor.

I am a big Gary Johnson fan and hopefully in 2016 he is carrying the Ron Paul banner

As others have stated, I just believe it is the maturity of the campaign and the support Paul built up from 2008 to now. If after this election, Paul "endorses" Johnson, I believe you'll see much of that support flow to him

”"We don’t think a child of 13 should be held responsible as a man of 23. That’s true for most people, but black males age 13 who have been raised on the streets and who have joined criminal gangs are as big, strong, tough, scary and culpable as any adult and should be treated as such.

“Opinion polls consistently show that only about 5 percent of blacks have sensible political opinions,”

“I think we can safely assume that 95 percent of the black males in that city are semi-criminal or entirely criminal,”

“we are constantly told that it is evil to be afraid of black men, it is hardly irrational.”

Source (As if the Paulbots care. But hey.)

The dissapearing of the White Majority

At best they are Stupid statements: .............................. at best.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/12/bombshell-ron-pauls-racist-newsletters.html

(showing first person recollection in the article).

letters2.jpg

Courage Congressman, courage, how dare they change from Grids in 82 to Aids in 82 due to haiti immigrants and women and transfusions getting it.

He was writer

He was editor

He was publisher

[/the end]

Wow, did you read the comments section after the article? The Paul supporters came out frothing at the mouth. It was almost like reading some comments on Free Republic when they see something they don't like (and no I don't mean in content, I mean in just going ape**** and saying crazy stuff).

Hey, nobody ever said that RP doesn't have passionate followers.

http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2011/12/bombshell-ron-pauls-racist-newsletters.html

Courage Congressman, courage, how dare they change from Grids in 82 to Aids in 82 due to haiti immigrants and women and transfusions getting it.

He was writer

He was editor

He was publisher

[/the end]

Wow, did you read the comments section after the article? The Paul supporters came out frothing at the mouth. It was almost like reading some comments on Free Republic when they see something they don't like (and no I don't mean in content, I mean in just going ape**** and saying crazy stuff).

But I am a neo con and not attacking him,nor my accomplices

I didnt say ALL the neo-cons, just that the people attacking him are the neo-cons (establishment power players that are scared to death of his success this far)

---------- Post added December-21st-2011 at 10:32 AM ----------

letters2.jpg

He was writer

He was editor

He was publisher

[/the end]

sigh, well, if you choose to believe he is a racist after a long history of actions and words from his mouth that say otherwise, then you are no better than the other race baiters out there.

/theend

sigh, well, if you choose to believe he is a racist after a long history of actions and words from his mouth that say otherwise, then you are no better than the other race baiters out there.

/theend

Well when you combine that with comments like this from last election cycle you have to wonder.....

"We quadrupled the TSA, you know, and hired more people who look more suspicious to me than most Americans who are getting checked,” he says. “Most of them are, well, you know, they just don’t look very American to me. If I’d have been looking, they look suspicious … I mean, a lot of them can’t even speak English, hardly. Not that I’m accusing them of anything, but it’s sort of ironic.

http://www.salon.com/2007/06/02/ron_paul_6/

I agree, lets compare it with his other quotes. I'll start with this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=i3EADdr-5AY#!

I just find it interesting that people will handwave away a decades worth of racist newspapers written in his name, which he defended in 1996 (http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1996_1343749), only later backing away from, and the fact that he continues to make comments like the one I quoted simply because he wants to end the war on drugs and his policies may benefit some minority communities (although a lot of his other policies will harm them greatly). I mean he also opposed the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act which undeniably would have hurt minorities. Now I have no idea if he is a racist or not but I don't think its as easy to dismiss as some are doing by saying it was a long time ago or he says he didn't write them.

SS: Once you slur black you can never come back.

Is Johnson so bad we can't edge away from Paul like we do Newt and just use his thesis papers on gov't by proxy?

He has a giant brain that like most causes him some social misques.. I've met a few smart people like that.

You use what you can and throw away the crazy parts.

Its official

If Ron Paul wins, you will see a major GOP civil war which will determine the direction of the right for years

The first shots are being fired. If he wins Iowa, and its essentially discounted by the social conservatives and the Fox News wing of the GOP, it may cause the split that people have thought would happen for years

I for one know the reaction to a win will impact my voting and donating pattern for probably the rest of the my life

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tea-party-report/2011/dec/19/ron-pauls-new-iowa-surge-triggers-anger-hate-gop-c/

Ron Paul's Iowa surge triggers GOP anger at his supporters (VIDEO)

CHICAGO, December 19, 2011 – With the all-important Iowa caucuses just around the holiday corner on January 3, tensions are riding high in GOP presidential campaign circles. But with Ron Paul surging in some Iowa polls, the result is an overcooked Republican stew threatening to boil over.

Columnist Kathie Obradovich’s editorial in the Des Moines Register recently illustrates the way some Republican leaders view the Paul candidacy – as an unwelcome interloper:

Suddenly, in the final weeks before the Iowa caucuses, Paul’s periscope has broken the surface. He’s running in second place in many December polls of Iowa caucus goers. He’s known to have an energized campaign on the ground. Sound the claxons! Code red! Battle stations!

The prospect of a Ron Paul win is causing shocks and seizures within the GOP establishment, and with good reason. A new survey by left-leaning Public Policy Polling this weekend shows Paul leading the pack with 23%, Romney at 20%, and Gingrich at 14%. The latest Rasmussen poll shows Paul in third place – just two percentage points behind Gingrich and five behind former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney.

A Paul win in Iowa would be a disaster for Gingrich, whom some Tea Party leaders view as the conservative alternate to Romney. And, with the public’s growing lack of confidence in a weakened President Obama, there is much at stake for the Republican Party to win back the White House; something that insiders believe a Paul victory would undermine.

Click link for rest

---------- Post added December-21st-2011 at 11:35 AM ----------

I just find it interesting that people will handwave away a decades worth of racist newspapers written in his name, which he defended in 1996 (http://www.chron.com/CDA/archives/archive.mpl?id=1996_1343749), only later backing away from, and the fact that he continues to make comments like the one I quoted simply because he wants to end the war on drugs and his policies may benefit some minority communities (although a lot of his other policies will harm them greatly). I mean he also opposed the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act which undeniably would have hurt minorities. Now I have no idea if he is a racist or not but I don't think its as easy to dismiss as some are doing by saying it was a long time ago or he says he didn't write them.

To me, him rightly saying Bachman and Sanatorum hate Muslims, and calling them out for it on the Tonight Show, is enough that I need to know about his "racism"

In 2011 America, in particular as a potential GOP nominee, to say that takes real guts

This 1 minute clip is all I need to know

F60Ce7SAjUQ&feature

Its official

If Ron Paul wins, you will see a major GOP civil war which will determine the direction of the right for years

The first shots are being fired. If he wins Iowa, and its essentially discounted by the social conservatives and the Fox News wing of the GOP, it may cause the split that people have thought would happen for years

I for one know the reaction to a win will impact my voting and donating pattern for probably the rest of the my life

http://communities.washingtontimes.com/neighborhood/tea-party-report/2011/dec/19/ron-pauls-new-iowa-surge-triggers-anger-hate-gop-c/

I am curious how big of a bloc the Ron Paul voters really is in the Republican party or whether they are just part of the party because Ron Paul is running as a Republican. He seems to have a pretty big cult of personality (not meant as an insult) in that his voters really would only vote for him so if they put Romney up his voters would stay home or vote 3rd party and I don't know if that would necessarily spark a civil war or any more of a civil war than the Tea Party/Far Right vs the Establishment is having right now. If Paul wins early it will kill the Tea Party at least for this primary cycle because pretty much every not-Romney is relying on a win in Iowa to have a shot.

To me, him rightly saying Bachman and Sanatorum hate Muslims, and calling them out for it on the Tonight Show, is enough that I need to know about his "racism"

In 2011 America, in particular as a potential GOP nominee, to say that takes real guts

This 1 minute clip is all I need to know

F60Ce7SAjUQ&feature

yep, I have no doubt that Ron Paul is not a racist, and if he is, I don't think he is any more of a racist than the rest of the GOP candidates. These charges won't stick.

Archived