Romney 20% (+4)

Gingrich 14% (-8)

Bachmann 10% (-1)

Perry 10% (+1)

Santorum 10% (+2)

Huntsman 4% (-1)

Johnson 2% (+1)

http://www.publicpolicypolling.com/m...s-in-iowa.html

Newt Gingrich's campaign is rapidly imploding, and Ron Paul has now taken the lead in Iowa. He's at 23% to 20% for Mitt Romney, 14% for Gingrich, 10% each for Rick Santorum, Michele Bachmann, and Rick Perry, 4% for Jon Huntsman, and 2% for Gary Johnson.

Gingrich has now seen a big drop in his Iowa standing two weeks in a row. His share of the vote has gone from 27% to 22% to 14%. And there's been a large drop in his personal favorability numbers as well from +31 (62/31) to +12 (52/40) to now -1 (46/47). Negative ads over the last few weeks have really chipped away at Gingrich's image as being a strong conservative- now only 36% of voters believe that he has 'strong principles,' while 43% think he does not.

Paul's ascendancy is a sign that perhaps campaigns do matter at least a little, in a year where there has been a lot of discussion about whether they still do in Iowa. 22% of voters think he's run the best campaign in the state compared to only 8% for Gingrich and 5% for Romney. The only other candidate to hit double digits on that question is Bachmann at 19%. Paul also leads Romney 26-5 (with Gingrich at 13%) with the 22% of voters who say it's 'very important' that a candidate spends a lot of time in Iowa. Finally Paul leads Romney 29-19 among the 26% of likely voters who have seen one of the candidates in person.

Congrats....now prepare for them to target Paul even more

It would be interesting to see if a Iowa win would provide enough momentum to take NH as well

Nevada is doable,but SC would be a tougher nut

may you live in interesting times :)

It would be interesting to see if a Iowa win would provide enough momentum to take NH as well

Yeah, the silly neo-con/liberal attack dogs have already come out in full force. All last week, Rush/Hannity/Levin have been in full attack mode. I take solace that it hasnt had as much negative impact as I feared.

I know for sure that they will come out even stronger in their unwarranted hate.

I think that an Iowa win could lead to a first or maybe a strong second in NH. SC leaves little chance though.

NV should be in the bag IMHO.

Thgis is fun, but please understand that despite recent success, I still in my heart of hearts fear that the establishment machine will lie and twist their way into destroying him.

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 06:59 AM ----------

Carney feels the same...

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/article/gop-will-take-gloves-if-ron-paul-wins-iowa/264111

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 07:01 AM ----------

Carney feels the same...

http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/article/gop-will-take-gloves-if-ron-paul-wins-iowa/264111

So the Anyone-But-Romney spinner now hits Paul. Good for him. Let's see if he can hold onto that lead until the votes. Obama vs. Paul would be a VERY interesting race.

On Romney and Paul, I think we see that the difference between their individual core support and the others who have been flavors of the month, is that their support is solid and wont flip to another should things get rough.

It's a horserace between Romney (who hasnt been in the state much and even missed the famous straw poll on purpose) and Paul (who has had a ground game up and running constantly since 2007. they never stopped campaigning) in Iowa.

McLaughlin Group said if Ron gets Iowa, Romney will win the nomination. I tend to agree. I've tought it'd be Romney since the beginning.

However, as a long time Paul supporter (gave him 400 bucks last election cycle), if he wins Iowa the collective orgasm his supporters will have will be like nothing I've ever seen in politics. Sure when any candidate wins this or that election, people are excited and waving banners and signs, but this will all pale in comparison to a Paul victory.

Four plus years of frustration having our guy ridiculed and dismissed will culminate is a huge eruption of energy.

And **** you Roger Ailes.

McLaughlin Group said if Ron gets Iowa, Romney will win the nomination. I tend to agree. I've tought it'd be Romney since the beginning.

However, as a long time Paul supporter (gave him 400 bucks last election cycle), if he wins Iowa the collective orgasm his supporters will have will be like nothing I've ever seen in politics. Sure when any candidate wins this or that election, people are excited and waving banners and signs, but this will all pale in comparison to a Paul victory.

Four plus years of frustration having our guy ridiculed and dismissed will culminate is a huge eruption of energy.

And **** you Roger Ailes.

I am hoping and praying for a "Paulgasm!"

So the Anyone-But-Romney spinner now hits Paul. Good for him. Let's see if he can hold onto that lead until the votes. Obama vs. Paul would be a VERY interesting race.

It really does seem that way... Remember when Perry was the great hope... or Huntsman... or Newt... Heck, some were (and probably still are) saying that Christie needs to enter late so he can win it all.

Repubs are really discontent with their field. It reminds me of the John Kerry campaign.

I hope Paul beats out those degenerate scum bags, a win in any state would be a huge blow to the nutters that have taken over the GOP establishment. It may actually help put the GOP on the path of becoming mainstream political party.

Gosh, I hope that is the route this thing goes. I'm very encouraged that the FP stuff, especially from the last debate didnt hurt him. I loved the message, but the delivery was rough IMO.

It really does seem that way... Remember when Perry was the great hope... or Huntsman... or Newt... Heck, some were (and probably still are) saying that Christie needs to enter late so he can win it all.

Repubs are really discontent with their field. It reminds me of the John Kerry campaign.

ARG polling has Paul at 21% in NH now! bahbye Newt! LOL

http://americanresearchgroup.com/pres2012/primary/rep/nh/

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 09:08 AM ----------

Its the drudge headline for the moment too. awesome

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 09:10 AM ----------

Its the drudge headline for the moment too. awesome

---------- Post added December-19th-2011 at 09:16 AM ----------

LOL, They are so darned transparent in their feeble attempts at this point!

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/19/iowa-caucus-polling-system-threatened-by-hackers/

I'd take Paul over Romney or Gingrich, but Huntsman over the lot of them. If nothing else, early Paul success is a positive indicator of the direction of the party.

I'm starting to see a lot of folks feel this way. I was especially thrilled to see a bunch of dies in the wool anti-Paul posters at the Hannity forums (no I dont frequent there, saw via link) that they will "hold their nose and go Paul over Newt and Mittens"

Strictly from a fscination standpoint, I think Paul vs Obama would be a fantastic story.

The reality though is that it would bring in a 3rd party right wing zealot who would essentially make the election a forgone conclusion.

You must mean a "3rd party warmonger zealot" because any real right wing zealout knows that Paul best matches their conservative ideals.

You must mean a "3rd party warmonger zealot" because any real right wing zealout knows that Paul best matches their conservative ideals.

More than that I mean a religious right wing zealot.

If Paul wins, Perry, Bachman or Santorum will certainly run as a 3rd party.

They would draw enough in the states that Paul would need to win to beat Obama.

A few percent in VA would make it unattainable for Paul.

Maybe. I'm not confident of that because their primaries come well after some key states. Wins in the early states may reinforce a Paul win in the latter. Time will tell, but I am encouraged to say the least.

nah, I dont see that occurring. Even if they did, they wouldnt draw squat (IMHO)

(edit: notice the warmonger moniker fits all 3 though)

They would draw enough in the states that Paul would need to win to beat Obama.

A few percent in VA would make it unattainable for Paul.

I'd take Paul over Romney or Gingrich, but Huntsman over the lot of them. If nothing else, early Paul success is a positive indicator of the direction of the party.

This is EXACTLY where I stand. The one nice thing about Paul winning Iowa is it would dispel the belief that only the religious nuts can win Iowa.

Archived