Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Washington Post: Redskins place LaRon Landry on injured reserve...

flexxskins

Transition Tag will be used on Davis. IF 30 gets tagged, it'll be the Franchise Tag.

I say IF because it's now believed he may have partially torn either Achilles or the groin.

Everything now depends on if there is a tear & how he rehabs/recovers.

This. I like Landry, but whatever leg issues he's having needs to be corrected, because his last half of the season was clearly worse than the first half of the season. He obviously can't run or do lower body while he's recovering and it's apparent his legs have no power right now... but when they do... he prefers Dos Equis.

Trade him for whatever you can get. Hopefully, a 2d or 3d rounder and use that pick to take Kenny Tate from Maryland. As a matter of fact trade Trent Williams and the dope smokin' tight end ( whose name escapes me right now ). Use those picks to replace their selfish asses.

Trade him for whatever you can get. Hopefully, a 2d or 3d rounder and use that pick to take Kenny Tate from Maryland. As a matter of fact trade Trent Williams and the dope smokin' tight end ( whose name escapes me right now ). Use those picks to replace their selfish asses.

Landry is a free agent with an injury. We can't trade him for a ham sammich.

What scares me the most:

"You may lack a few degrees at either end of the range of motion after surgery and rehab."

If he has to get surgery his going to loose speed right? Is a achilles injury worse than ACL or MCL? If I am assuming it is, then his rehab or his ability to be top notch is a question mark (as to how well his going to perform).

I think its 75% chance or more his got to get surgery what do you think?

I liked Landry when he was young, his first two years.

He's now damaged goods and just can't stay healthy. Better to have a reliable, above average safety than an injury prone, great safety who can't stay on the field.

Let's get rid of him, we've already seen his best and it wasn't all that. Further, he'll never be able to match his best again.

C'ya LL (in a different uniform).

I hope he gets surgery, gets right and gets back to last year's form when he does. I just don't know that he'll be able to.

I don't that it'd work, but if it did, I'd like to see us re-sign him to a minimal contract for next year, keep him on IR and get him back in 2013. I really believe he can get back and be great for us if he can get/stay healthy.

I've never been a big Landry fan, but I think it's only smart to take the deal Landry talked about. One year for a starting Strong Safety in effect, a contract year. You get to evaluate him all camp and pre-season long. He knows the defense and the coaches know him. Win-win as far as I'm concerned. If he can't come back, IR him again. It's only money. Not sure, but I think those on IR don't count against the salary cap. Otherwise, you'd never be able to afford replacements during the season.

I look at Carlos Rogers one year contract for 4 million and thought what a deal that would have been, Since we're not spending a top draft pick on another FS or SS next year, unless there's an equivalent steal in FA, I don't have a problem with giving him a 1 year contact.

Looks like it might be time to retire another jersey

I dont know if this was hinted to the sean taylor jersey? No way comparable!!! I hope he plays up to his potential, but no way he gets his jersey retired unless he plays and plays to pro bowl status etc...

Get that thing taken care of, get franchised and come back better than ever.

Then Bruce will hook you with your contract!

Hope he recovers and is better than ever.

Could be the best thing to ever happen to him. Maybe he loses a step or two and has to learn to play more like a wiley veteran, play smarter, not harder. Some guys manage to pull that off and get better with age. Of course on the flip side, those that don't learn how to play with their brain and not just their muscles simply end their careers as washed up old players that become liabilities, and should be cut loose asap. Lets hope he can make the transition. I'm a fan of LL, and until I see/hear otherwise, i'll continue to drink from that half-full glass of koolaid. Hail!

an achilles tear isn't the death sentence it use to be. he'll be back bigger faster and stronger

He never actually tore his Achilles.

I wish he would have just admitted to himself that this needed to be done when he went on IR last year. He might not have played much this year, recovering and all, but it has been a lost year anyways. I would have rather seen him at 100% in 2012, than at 60% in 2011 in need of surgery. Now who knows if he'll be good to go next year, and in a contract year too.

He never actually tore his Achilles.

I wish he would have just admitted to himself that this needed to be done when he went on IR last year. He might not have played much this year, recovering and all, but it has been a lost year anyways. I would have rather seen him at 100% in 2012, than at 60% in 2011 in need of surgery. Now who knows if he'll be good to go next year, and in a contract year too.

Absolutely he should have. Really having a hard time feeling sorry for the guy.

As for contract, no way they franchise him. Just a stupid waste of money. 7-8 million for 3 or 4 games? Yea no thanks. Just give him a one year deal so he has a place to rehab and Ty back in time for the end of next season.

.....hopefully he gets smaller. I think his size may be part of the reason for his knee issues. IMO, he has too much muscle.

I think if we're being really honest, we could go even further: I think the...ahem...possible "supplements" he's taking to increase his size may be part of the reason for his Achilles issues, which in turn have caused all sorts of leg injuries through compensating for the original Achilles strain.

I think if we're being really honest, we could go even further: I think the...ahem...possible "supplements" he's taking to increase his size may be part of the reason for his Achilles issues, which in turn have caused all sorts of leg injuries through compensating for the original Achilles strain.

believe me i've expressed those same concerns back in the preseason. I call it the "David Boston" syndrome.

david-boston-dui.jpg

laron-landry-ripped-intro.jpg

.....hopefully he gets smaller. I think his size may be part of the reason for his knee issues. IMO, he has too much muscle.

Solid Broscience, Get weaker so your muscles will get injured less often...... I would take a look at him stretching and resting as to why he is getting injured, not how much muscle he has.

Let's wait and see how Laron reacts and not simply assume he believes he's worth a ton. I'm sure he knows this is going to clearly affect his value, and if he doesn't, I'm sure his agent has already told him.
Well, judging by his quotes in the article Landry seems to already realize that he is not worth a ton and is willing to sign a one year deal. I could be wrong, but that was what I took as the meaning of his quote.

Solid Broscience, Get weaker so your muscles will get injured less often...... I would take a look at him stretching and resting as to why he is getting injured, not how much muscle he has.

Has nothing to do with "getting weaker". It has to do with his muscles being built up to a sustainable level that his frame can actually handle. Landry's frame can't seem to handle his Hulk Hogan upper-body physique. Part of that might be because of PED's, but I'm not sure we'll ever know that for certain. And its not just that he's too "top-heavy". Its that in some cases, steroid use has shown to weaken ligaments, and Achilles injuries I believe have proven to occur more often.

Now, getting away from the PED stuff, because it can't be proven--Landry doesn't NEED to be that huge up top to succeed as a SS in the NFL. He just doesn't. Slimming down a bit could help his speed, agility, flexibility, and allow his legs to actually support a musculature that his frame can handle naturally. He can be a gym rat and still keep his physique at a level that doesn't actually impede his success on the field. Personally, I think he needs to spend more of his time in the film room, and less in the gym.

Well, judging by his quotes in the article Landry seems to already realize that he is not worth a ton and is willing to sign a one year deal. I could be wrong, but that was what I took as the meaning of his quote.

Yeah, I noticed the quotes yesterday when I was skimming through this thread again. That pretty much answers any questions about him from that aspect and it shows that he's a lot more grounded than people, who don't really know him and judge based on his style playing football, assumed he is.

Archived