Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins / Jets Prediction - Dream - Nightmare - Dogfight

skins island connection

I hate the fatass Ryan family. I think it's a good point that Rex has had success this year playing against Rob Ryan's defense. It definitely gives me more hope for success this weekend. For some reason, the optimism continues to grow on me throughout the week. After Sunday I immediately felt like we had a chance...I'm getting to the point where I actually expect us to pull this one out. Darrelle Revis scares me as does Santonio Holmes, but I think our defense has the potential to make them one dimensional - forcing Sanchez to beat us and if that's the case, I'm praying we can put pressure on Sanchez and DHall has a big day.

Skins: 24-13

I like it !!

20 for Skins, 8 picking Jets, and 6 replies.

Seems to be looking up for dem' Skins, at least in fans eyes.

IF they are to win, mis-direction is a big key; they have some fast lb and dl players, and over-pursuing may be very beneficial, IF they can stop slipping on the ground; and there's no excuse for it, being we're on our own turf.

going against myself here and my prediction several weeks ago about the Skins not winning again.

Skins 20

Jets 16

I think the Skins will and can get pressure on Sanchez through out the game, also their running game doesn't scare me against the Skins.....we do need to keep Plax and Holmes in check though. Also think there will and can be some big plays in the passing game for Rex....Cromatrie doesn't scare me and in certain coverage packgages Revis can be taken as well....also their Run Defense is not what you expect from a Rex Ryan led Defense...so there could be some plays there as well for Helu and maybe some looks from Royster.......

win or lose I do think this will be a fun game and should be close either way...Hail Skins !!!!!!!

This is going to be a better performance from the Redskins than anyone thinks. I think this might launch the Skins into a very interesting match up with the Pats....

Jets 16

Redskins 30

HAIL!

---------- Post added December-1st-2011 at 07:58 AM ----------

I like it !!

20 for Skins, 8 picking Jets, and 6 replies.

Seems to be looking up for dem' Skins, at least in fans eyes.

IF they are to win, mis-direction is a big key; they have some fast lb and dl players, and over-pursuing may be very beneficial, IF they can stop slipping on the ground; and there's no excuse for it, being we're on our own turf.

We ran a lot of counter vs the Seahawks (who have a very good rush defense). The key is going to be shutting down Plax... which we never did when he was a Giant. I think we can move the ball on their defense and we can win field position and turn it over vs Sanchez.

wow, it is amazing how attitudes about this team can swing ... just about the majority are now picking this team to beat a jets team that is as dangerous as hell.

if we score over 14 points i'll be thrilled, if we win, i'll ****. I'm seeing predictions of 20+ points all over the joint! :ols:

c'mon guys, it is still the same team that only scored 1 TD over a three game span.

sure Santana is back and the line seems healthier, but the Jets D is going to make Rex look, well, like Rex, and maybe worse.

I'm still up in the air about this game, it's true that we have show in the last two weeks a strong performance against the Cowturd and Seagull's. I went over to the Jets fan forum and they are truly concerned about a win. They have injury's along there offensive line and are worried about or defense. I mean the Broncos gave them a run for there money with Tbow SP? and last wasn't until the final drive of the game. I predict a hard fought game can't say if we'll win or lose but if we run the ball and show a dominate performance I'll be happy.

After watching the Seahawks take the Eagles behind the shed last night, I think it shows alot about the determination of the team, and it was mentioned a few times on air about how the Redskins loss affected them, and how they wanted to come out playing harder, which they did.

But, theRedskins still traveled across 3 time zones, coast to coast, and beat a team with a similar record, loud stadium, and kept the penalties down. This same scenario just might happen with the Jets; if we can get up on them early, frustration will be all over their bench, and they will lose { not loose } their cool.

Is this 1980 all over again? Redskins vs Chargers? Redskins limping into Jack Murphy Stadium and throttling the high powered Dan Fouts-led offense? Dusting them 40-17, and starting the process of acquiring some young un-tested guy named Joe Gibbs.

The Redskins will be more than ready for this game, trust me...

I see the Redskins falling behind 16-7 with about 8 minutes to go. Then, they'll claw back with 10 4th quarter points to win the game 17-16. The game-winning points will come on a short FG with just under a minute to play. The Jets will inch to Redskins territory but miss a desperation FG as time expires.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/football-insider/post/redskins-championships-1987-game-6-vs-new-york-jets/2011/06/09/AGHgXObH_blog.html

That was the first game I ever attended in person...it happened to be the first game after the 3-week scab season in 1987. Awesome!

Archived