Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Case for Keenum

Mr.Skinbo

Yikes, some peeps are comparing him to CB? lol, Colt sucks, he didn't succeed in the UFL and couldn't even start in the Lingerie Football League; I would have to think Case would have a better shot. He's smart, crafty with his feet, tough (coming back from serious injuries), and can process multiple reads. He's worth a mid-round flier. Although he initially reeks of Colt Brennan-like FAIL, I think he's mature enough to sit behind a starter for a few years and possibly succeed.

what are you saying?.....maybe your missing some comas or something, but i have no clue what this sentence is saying.....Luck in the later rounds?......huh?.....wha?

No, its pretty clear. 1st person posted that Keennum would be a fine late round pick as a backup. Next person responded that he wanted Luck as a late pick as a backup. I just asked who the hell wouldn't want this?

No, its pretty clear. 1st person posted that Keennum would be a fine late round pick as a backup. Next person responded that he wanted Luck as a late pick as a backup. I just asked who the hell wouldn't want this?

Guess I'm just confused as to why you chose to quote my post. But I'm sure you have your reasons.

I think that Kellen Moore out of Boise is going to be a great NFL QB. He reminds me of Drew Brees, only taller. He's got a very good arm, is more accurate than most of the prospects coming out and is very good at making the right reads consistantly. He's flying under the radar becuase he plays in Boise. Not only that, he is a consistant winner. He's only lost 3 games in his entire college career.

Look at his stats over his carrer, other than his true freshman year, he's always over 70% completion rate and has thrown very few interceptions and a ton of tochdowns. We may be able to pick him up the second round.

I'm totally on the Moore bandwagon. He's NFL ready made. Needs to get stronger. Reminds me of Montana. Smart like Manning. Winner. Anticipates. Accurate. Reads defenses. Smart. Coaches kid. Arm strong enough. I would take the USC, LT first and Moore in the Second. Like Barkley as well. The question do you take Barkley first then go oline in the second. Or, as mentioned, the USC left tackle, (Move Trent to Right), and take Moore in the second. Too risky to wait until the third.

I'm intrigued by Griffin, but don't know if he's going to come out. He might try out for Olympics and would probably be the top quarterback in the 2013 draft.

I was thinking earlier today about how Tim Tebow affects Case Keenum and Kellen Moore's draft status. Tebow had a great record in college, and now he's 5-3 as an NFL starter (4-1 this year), even though Tebow is confounding everyone's theories about what makes an NFL quarterback.

So, if Tebow can keep in up and win enough games to make it to the playoffs (8-8 may do it in the AFC West), do the draft status of guys who don't look like NFL quarterbacks, but who's teams have stellar records get a boost in their rankings? Could Keenum and Moore move from 5th round prospects to 3rd round prospects? Could Brandon Weeden (21-2 as a starter) become a top 20 pick because of Tebow?

STOP STOP STOP, let's not even lean towards this road. Can anyone even name another system QB in the league now? We've watched Hawaii, Texas Tech, and a host of these FBS outsiders with system QBs put up ridiculous numbers not even make the active roster of an NFL team. We're not going to waist a first round draft pick on a college system QB. Luck and Barkley are the gems of this draft class. Everyone else is second tier, and yrs that includes Kellen Moore. This thread reminds me of the Chase Daniels one. More importantly, who has the Houston cougars played? I live in SEC country. My first thought is how would he fair against LSU or Bama?

---------- Post added November-18th-2011 at 11:39 PM ----------

I was thinking earlier today about how Tim Tebow affects Case Keenum and Kellen Moore's draft status. Tebow had a great record in college, and now he's 5-3 as an NFL starter (4-1 this year), even though Tebow is confounding everyone's theories about what makes an NFL quarterback.

So, if Tebow can keep in up and win enough games to make it to the playoffs (8-8 may do it in the AFC West), do the draft status of guys who don't look like NFL quarterbacks, but who's teams have stellar records get a boost in their rankings? Could Keenum and Moore move from 5th round prospects to 3rd round prospects? Could Brandon Weeden (21-2 as a starter) become a top 20 pick because of Tebow?

I live in Jacksonville,FL, I've been watching Tebow since high school. There's absolutely no way you can remotely compare any of these guys to Tebow. His physical abilities alone make this notion preposterous. I'm hurting just as bad as you for a franchise QB. But let's not scrape the bottom rounds of the draft to find him.

Well if you like Weeden and Jones, I don't see why you wouldn't like Keenum...

As some may know, I think Weeden and Jones are garbage.

SN: What kind of name is "Case"? Why would you name your child "Case"?!

I'm pretty sure his name was Case, so I could put a rather savvy title to this post. I'm a fan of him, obviously, I started the post. And I dont think he's another Colt, hes smarter and makes less mistakes at the College level. I've watch alot of him this season, Landry Jones as well, and I feel like after what I've seen Case will be the better NFL QB, just my opinion.

I'm pretty sure his name was Case, so I could put a rather savvy title to this post.

I know what his name is. I just said why would a mother name her child "Case"...

There are a lot of funny first names these days. I know a girl named *******-supposedly pronounced "Uh-Soul" Her parents need to be slapped for that **** lol.

6'2.....really?...too small.

Per Walter Football:

He is a system quarterback who is massively productive but undersized for the NFL.

I'm concerned more with his weight at 210lbs than his height. Like I mentioned. I'd want a QB *ideally* that's taller and carries more bulk. Aaron Rodgers even mentioned that he is happy that he had the chance to sit to get his body into the kind of shape he wanted - something to that effect.

The hype on him will change once he plays a real defense.

Let's see who they draw in the BCS this year if they can stay undefeated they could draw the #2 SEC team, Stanford, Oregon, Ok State or some other team from a better conference.

The one decent test that team had was UCLA, who isn't that good, and they barely won. Nevermind the fact that UCLA blasted them last year.

Archived