Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Which recent Movies do you think will be remade?

rictus58

For the purpose of this thread, lets try to limit to the last 20 years.

The first one that pops in my head is Jurassic Park.

IMO, many of the special effects still hold up quite well. Especially the non CGI ones.

Now, assuming they do remake the movie, I would really hope they alter the "kids in trouble" aspect of the storyline....at least make the kids less whiney.

Now, since it seems most movies that come out now are remakes, I reckon this will be a short thread. :)

Ones I would see:

Drop Dead Fred: Drop Dead Fred causes absolute chaos around the home and neighborhood. Nobody can see Fred except Elizabeth. When Elizabeth grows up and has an emotional crisis, Fred returns to "cheer her up" in his own unique way, causing more chaos than ever before. Cue Hilarity.

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah: The plot follows a group of time travelers from the 23rd century who go back in time to erase Godzilla from history supposedly to erase a devastating future that the mutated dinosaur causes, but instead, they replace him with a three-headed dragon called King Ghidorah and go on a personal campaign to destroy Japan using the monster. Replace three headed dragon with triple natural disasters and the script writes itself.

They'll remake comic book movies that weren't as good the first time, aka Fantastic Four. We'll definitely see more remakes of foreign movies than remakes of American movies, and comparatively more foreign remakes than there are now.

I actually expect more reimaginings than remakes, like Rise of the Planet of the Apes.

All of them. Every freaking movie made in the last 20 years will be remade. They may change the title, but it's the same movies.

That's what I was going to say. :ols:

They've made The Thing and King Kong 3 times already. Hell, how many times have they made Star Wars over? Might as well do that one again too.

They'll remake comic book movies that weren't as good the first time, aka Fantastic Four. We'll definitely see more remakes of foreign movies than remakes of American movies, and comparatively more foreign remakes than there are now.

If they do, I hope the movie Spawn is remade. The story of Al Simmons and the other characters could make for a great film if the right director is selected and a big budget is attached.

The only good actor in the original is John Leguizamo. He was PERFECT as the Violator. Everyone else sucked. Although Sheen was not too bad as Jason Wynn.

Archived