Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

How do you pronounce "Mario"?

MissU28

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

but wouldn't you think that lemieux is saying his name incorrectly? I would call him Mar-ee-o and tell him that he has been lied to all his life by a mother who doesn't know her spanish phonics.

It's Mare-ee-o Lemieux though.

That's the only time I pronounce it as such.

Mar-io Andretti. Mar-io Bros.

Both. My son hates it when I pronounce it "Mare-ee-oh" so sometimes I say it that way on purpose just to annoy him. :D Besides, as I've said to him, the name is derived as a male version of "Mary" in reference to the virgin Mary. So it should be "Mary-O" ;)

Both. My son hates it when I pronounce it "Mare-ee-oh" so sometimes I say it that way on purpose just to annoy him. :D Besides, as I've said to him, the name is derived as a male version of "Mary" in reference to the virgin Mary. So it should be "Mary-O" ;)

How your son sees you:

TrollDadBlackSS.png

If you go to Italy and say Mary-oh they'll look at you like you're the dumbest person alive.

I really hate it when I hear people say it. I'm pretty sure its part of some greater North East accent group because all the people here in east PA say Mary-Oh, everyone I've ever known from New York and New Jersey says Mary-Oh also...just like they call Oranges ARRnges and things like that.

Archived