Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

What if old Dan emerges & ends the Shanny era; will you still be a fan?

88Comrade2000

Seeing as I never wanted Shanahan to begin with' date=' as long as we draft a new franchise QB in the 1st round next year I could careless who the coach is.[/quote']

We've been there....done that... doesn't do anything if you don't have a solid coaching staff there to help them...

See Patrick Ramsey

See Jason Campbell (I always like Campbell too....feel a lot(a lot...not all) of his shortfalls here had a lot to do with Coaching and OL failures)

I dont understand how some people talk about not being fans anymore. If you really are a extreme skins fan then no one can ever take your passion away, no matter how many games the redskins lose. thats how i feel

totally disagree...Love of the team yes nobody can take that away, but Passion, these last several seasons of the team/franchise being the joke of the NFL can sure as hell wear you down to the point that you would rather wash your car, go skating with your kids, (anything) but watch a Redskins game..in fact add to that taking alot less for your season tickets just to unload them so your not sitting on them. Sad but I don't enjoy watching or going to a game because you already know the outcome....a team getting paid to play like crap....

I just don't think it should have taken 5 years to right this ship, if it would have been done the right way. One thing that bothered me is why we started with the defense, not only starting there but switching to a 3-4 when we did. We bring in Hanesworth and paid him an ungodly amount of money, and then switch to the 3-4? Our D ranked 10th in 09 and 4ht in 08, so the team might have been a mess, but the D was the better part of this team. Then you have the mistakes made at the QB position, I know Campbell didn't have a lot of fans here, but the guy had no O-line, and when you look at McNabbs record the year before coming here it wasn't much better than Campbells was for the same year. Then you go with Rex and Beck, with no 3, what would have happened if Beck went down in Carolina, Rex had a temp of 103!!!

The play calling has not been geared towards either of these QB's, Kyle is calling games as if we have Brady or Rodgers under center, the running game has not been given a chance to get going the last 3 games. Our rebuilding should have started with the O-line, by using those picks we gave for McNabb, we sure wouldn't have done any worse with Campbell here until we got a gunslinger. Hindsight is 20/20 I know, but some of these were givens. I say another year or two depending on how much progress is made, if we keep going backwards, then maybe another year, the play calling has to change, I just wonder sometimes if all of this is a plan to have Kyle slide in the HC job when Mike retires. The thing is, some good points were made, if Snyder has changed, then you have to give him a little more time, and when it goes down, if it does, then it should be done by Allen as someone else said. I had bought into the Shanahan show big time after the draft, but I'm starting to wonder, I hope, no I pray I'm wrong, either way if Snyder hasn't changed, we'll never have a winning team, I just don't see him pulling off a Jerry Jones....and I can't stand JJ anyway!! LOL

I would be extremely disappointed if Snyder fired Shanahan after 2 years and blew the team up again. I think that Shanahan should get at least until midway through the 2013 season before Snyder even considers signaling that he's considering overhauling the coaching structure/team.

Frankly, I don't think it ever will come to that. I think we're going to see some real progress by the end of the 2012 season and the 2013 season will be when the team starts really taking off to the new 'playoff contender' level.

Only a complete breakdown in 2012 would convince me that the team was stalled -- and frankly, I see a lot of progress already. Shanahan and Allen are building a decent team from scratch.

As for stopping to be a fan, should Snyder pull the plug in year 2 -- I'd probably lower my level of interest in what happened, and entertain different hobbies. Not sure I could ever jettison all my interest in the Skins, because it's buried fairly deeply in my DNA. But I'd be a heckuva lot more cynical and negative about the team's chances under an owner who couldn't be patient enough to develop a winner.

I couldn't live without watching the Skins on the Weekends, hell the bye week kills me, and the off-season seems like forever, thats whats so damn disappointing when we fall apart every year, and you know it's another 9 months until we try again, but with that said I have been with this team since I was old enough to know what a football was, that will never change.

I kind of hope he fires Shanahan. I'm weirdly entertained by the chaos that this franchise can provide. I'm generally resigned to the fact that the play on the field is going to be awful so I need the soap opera.

Yeah' date=' it is kind of masochistically exciting to see the stealthy [i']Redskins One[/i] take off for destinations unknown. :twitch: ;)

I wouldnt have a problem with him firing Shanny. He shouldnt have 100% control anyway... I would hope he would hang on to Allen, draft a QB and get a young, hungry coach who understands the modern NFL and like the 1981 Joe Gibbs- works with what he has, improves it, and puts the team into contention in year 2 - not a 5 year plan.

I do have a big problem with anyone that stakes their reputation on Grossman... I would rather not have that guy grooming a young QB.

This is for discussion only. I am not advocating this. Shanny deserves 2 more years at least too see if he has earned an extension after the 2013 season or if his era ends one year early. I see 2012 as the the growing pains year as our rookie QB and several young offensive players learn to play together. I then see 2013 as when they team makes significant progress, possibly contending for a wild card but definitely enough there to now we are finally on the right track. If things aren't improving by the end of 2013; then it will be time for a change.

Thing is, we have Dan Snyder as owner. I know everyone says he has changed. Until he proves that to me; It's still possible old Dan will emerge.The Skins of the last 2 years aren't pleasing to him and it's possible his old habits creep up again. I'd be watching where Synder One is later in the season.

This is just for discussion only but what if Dan Snyder decides it's 2 and done for Shanny. Will that be the final straw for you or will you still be a fan?

I personally know of an ex-fan who gave up the Redskins in favor of the Ravens and his excuse is that the Redskins will never be good until Dan Snyder dies and even then, the team gets willed to his children. So, basically, he thinks the Redskins are cursed forever. Let's remember that Dan had Vinny Cerrato as his right hand man. A lot of this "old Dan" stuff should be pointed at VC. Vinny isn't here anymore. Unless things really go down the tubes this year (things so far hasn't looked very good) I think if anybody fires anybody, Dan should let Bruce Allen make those decisions.

Archived