Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Rob Ryan says loss is 'all on me'

tr1

http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story/_/id/7172512/dallas-cowboys-d-coordinator-rob-ryan-says-loss-all-me

PHILADELPHIA -- Defensive coordinator Rob Ryan takes all the blame for the Dallas Cowboys' failure to back up his big mouth.

Ryan mockingly referred to the Philadelphia Eagles as the "all-hype team" during training camp and vowed that the Cowboys would "kick their ass" when the NFC East rivals met. The opposite happened Sunday night at Lincoln Financial Field, when the Eagles scored on their first six possessions while rolling to a 34-7 rout.

"The whole thing is I got outcoached by [Andy] Reid and their staff," Ryan said. "I mean, it's ridiculous. I never gave our guys a chance. The whole [expletive] thing was on me. If I gave them any extra motivation, hell, I certainly never backed it up. I gave our guys a lousy plan. We had no chance, and it's all on me."

A Dallas defense that entered the night as the NFL's fifth-ranked total defense was absolutely dominated by the star-studded Eagles.

Philadelphia finished with 495 total yards, 324 of which came while racing to a 24-0 halftime lead. The Eagles rushed for 239 yards, more than three times the league-low average allowed by the Cowboys in the first six games of the season.

Eagles running back LeSean McCoy carried 30 times for 185 yards and two touchdowns, racking up the most yardage the Dallas defense has allowed in 11 seasons.

Quarterback Michael Vick completed 21 of 28 passes for 279 yards and two touchdowns and rushed for another 50 yards on seven carries.

The Eagles' first three possessions were touchdown drives of 79, 90 and 67 yards. The first score of the game was a glaring example of Reid winning the X's and O's battle. A quick screen to Jeremy Maclin, which resulted in an easy 12-yard touchdown, was a perfect counter to a safety blitz that Ryan called for the third time that series.

"Andy Reid was reading my mail," Ryan said. "He kicked my ass. I've just got to go back and work harder. I've got to be smarter than this. That's all it comes down to."

However, Ryan said this humiliating loss wouldn't make him watch his mouth in the future. That's simply not the style of the son of brash ex-Eagles coach Buddy Ryan and twin brother of Super Bowl-guaranteeing New York Jets coach Rex Ryan.

"Hell, if I don't say anything, then I don't really believe," Ryan said. "Hopefully, it will be the last time it ever happens. But whatever happened, it was all my fault."

---------- Post added October-31st-2011 at 08:45 PM ----------

And to think that Sunday comments by analysts actually include comments along the line that the pukes were the best team in the NFCE.

The charade is over.

Oh, and what about that running back...he looked pretty ordinary on Sunday.

:rotflmao:

When will puke fans acknowledge that they are wallowing in this cesspool of mediocrity that the Skins ascribe to?

You aren't even Texas' Team anymore...:rotflmao:

I didn't see the game. I went to visit my daughter in Halifax and was on the road driving home. Looks like I didn't miss much! And FWIW, I felt that Rob's yapping before the season would come back to haunt him....big surprise.

The NFL has too many 'ego' players and coaches...Reid is 'old school' when it comes to handing out an ass whipping.

I hate the guy, but respect him for that.

---------- Post added October-31st-2011 at 08:45 PM ----------

[/color]And to think that Sunday comments by analysts actually include comments along the line that the pukes were the best team in the NFCE.

The charade is over.

Oh, and what about that running back...he looked pretty ordinary on Sunday.

:rotflmao:

When will puke fans acknowledge that they are wallowing in this cesspool of mediocrity that the Skins ascribe to?

You aren't even Texas' Team anymore...:rotflmao:

They got beat...bad. Plain and simple. Let's see what they do next week against Seattle before proclaiming a charade to be over.

Oh...and when did over 8 ypc become ordinary?

I give him credit for stepping up and taking the hit for that craptastic performance.

He was doing the same thing in the preseason...in fact, many here made fun of it lol...(me included...I thought it would become a running joke lol :cool: ).

Since he says the loss is all on him, I'm guessing that Ryan felt 7 points was more than enough to beat the Eagles, then?

Ryan definitely got owned this weekend, nobody will deny that. I believe his biggest mistake(or whoevers call this was) was to deactivate Josh Brent. The logic was to play D-lineman who were more mobile and could chase down Vick, which doesn't seem very bright(It's not like any of the others would catch him anyways). The result was the middle of the Cowboys defense was absolutely destroyed, and once the Eagles running game was established they were able to expose some big weaknesses on the Dallas defense that had been somewhat masked in previous weeks. Apparently Ryan thought Dallas could matchup to the Eagles running game without their only true NT 2 gap player, and obviously he was very very wrong. lol

Murray actually ran very well. Just hard to run the ball when your getting destroyed.

It is about time to just start ignoring what all of the Ryan Family is saying. I think these two sons of Buddy are trying to be like their dad to much and it is backfiring in todays world of harsh media and teams that are so much more well prepared come Sunday. Less talking and more winning is what Buddy should be telling them. I for one was loving every minute of him talking before this game - thats when i knew the Birds had a chance to play pissed...

I guess Ryan is much better off coaching in a small market. I don't remember hearing anything from him when he was in Cleveland, and not even that much in Oakland.

Now in Pukeville it's a week to week comedy act and with Jerry Jones being in charge, not the head coach, and him being such a huge loud mouth himself, I think this could turn out to be a great sideshow for the rest of the league to laugh about for a few years at least. :ols:

The even funnier part to this is how after the game the first interview on NFLN wasn't Jason Garrett, it was Jerry Jones in the locker room talking about what he thinks the Cowboys need to do to win. That's just great to hear every week as far as I'm concerned. :rotflmao:

Vick actually audibled to that bubble screen to Maclin for the first score. Vick kicked his arse.

You're wrong. Not just Vick, everybody from the training staff to the vending machine guys even beat Dallas's *** on sunday lol.

How often did the Eagles expose Brooking and James? Genius play calling. Neither dude can cover. Must have been at least 9-10 plays on those guys for huge gains.

Archived