fullnelson9999

Most carries on Sunday?  

75 members have voted

1. 1. Most carries on Sunday?

• Ryan Torain
    • Tim Hightower
    • Roy Helu
    • Other

Classy move. He's a shoo in for the HOF.

Olin Kreutz walks away from the Saints

One of the NFL's all-time great centers is walking away from the game. Olin Kreutz(notes), a six-time Pro Bowler, four-time All Pro, and member of the NFL's All-Decade Team for the 2000s, has left the Saints.
More at link.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Olin-Kreutz-walks-away-from-the-Saints?urn=nfl-wp10082

I'm not sure how I feel about this. I am amazed and in awe that he would honestly feel like he wasn't earning his pay check, and take action. I think the character is rare and incredible.

I guess my only hiccup is, if he was really wearing the captain's C, then he could earned that paycheck in other ways; at least for ten more games. Sure, he may be injured and his passion for the game may be leaving, but when he took that captainship he committed to helping the team and being a leader.

Imagine if Santana did this. We'd all probably say that is was courageous and classy to admit his passion was gone and to bow out and not collect a paycheck. But imagine is London did this. We'd probably be up in arms; the guy is a captain and we would feel like he owed it to the team to do his best from the sidelines. Maybe I'm just crazy; I'm certainly not trying to back Kreutz.

But imagine is London did this. We'd probably be up in arms; the guy is a captain and we would feel like he owed it to the team to do his best from the sidelines.

I disagree with this sentiment. Life goes beyond football and if a guy doesn't feel the passion to be there anymore, then let him go. I don't care if he's a captain or not.

But imagine is London did this. We'd probably be up in arms; the guy is a captain and we would feel like he owed it to the team to do his best from the sidelines.

Speak for yourself man.

I'd be disappointed, naturally. Any time you lose a player of such calibre you take a hit. But that would be tempered with the utmost appreciation both for what London's given/ done for my team; and for him putting the team first rather than just sitting and picking up a pay cheque whilst his heart was no longer in it.

Hail.

Speak for yourself man.

I'd be disappointed, naturally. Any time you lose a player of such calibre you take a hit. But that would be tempered with the utmost appreciation both for what London's given/ done for my team; and for him putting the team first rather than just sitting and picking up a pay cheque whilst his heart was no longer in it.

Hail.

Seconded. London's given his heart here, like Bills and Rams fans can attest to giving them. He's one guy that can hang up the cleats any day he wants to, with everybody's respect.

He's quitting because he doesn't want to play anymore, not because he feels bad for taking money when he doesn't want to play. That **** doesn't even make sense! How many of you reading this are just dying to go to work everyday? Those of you (majority) that don't live and breath your job, do you feel like you're cheating your employer when you collect a check?

This guy decided he doesn't want to do it. That's why he left. Not because he didn't want to cheat the Saints or any such nonsense. He doesn't want to play so he isn't going to play. Does anyone know if he gave them any notice at all or did he just wait until after the trade deadline because he's such a classy guy?

He's quitting because he doesn't want to play anymore, not because he feels bad for taking money when he doesn't want to play. That **** doesn't even make sense! How many of you reading this are just dying to go to work everyday? Those of you (majority) that don't live and breath your job, do you feel like you're cheating your employer when you collect a check?

This guy decided he doesn't want to do it. That's why he left. Not because he didn't want to cheat the Saints or any such nonsense. He doesn't want to play so he isn't going to play. Does anyone know if he gave them any notice at all or did he just wait until after the trade deadline because he's such a classy guy?

Most of us working people don't get our brains beat in literally, on the job. If he's smart, he has another career to fall back on.

I know it's an extremely low bar to set, but he compares very favorably to Fat Albert Haynesworthlessness.

Most of us working people don't get our brains beat in literally, on the job. If he's smart, he has another career to fall back on.

I know it's an extremely low bar to set, but he compares very favorably to Fat Albert Haynesworthlessness.

Thats his job though to get his head beaten in every day...lets not forget he is getting paid an awful lot of money for doing his job ... if that was not what he wanted to do then there are plenty of Jobs at McDonalds . He was happy to take the money and get his brains beaten in and get paid a hell of a lot o money in the process ...

I like Kreutz as a player to this point but this leaves a nasty taste - in a very negative way it could be seen Kreutz was not playing well and could see his career was over and did not want to the face the possible indignity of being replaced and this is a very Diva thing to do . To me i think he did not simply quit - 100s of players come to the conclusion they don't want to play anymore, they don't have the desire they once did , but they wait to the end of the season to retire . These doubts just appear over night they are there dwelling in most for years ...

By leaving now - quitting now - the rest of the team , at least privately must be thinking he quit on them... that he does not believe in them and if thats not the case how could he not have waited a few more months or acted a few more months earlier .

It can be spun positively but this is a douche move . Kreutz may be no Haynesworth but equally he is no Pat Tillman either ...

I don't live and breathe my job, and if I had enough money in the bank I'd walk as soon as possible. So he chose to do that, big deal.

Archived